RealModScene
JPizzle

Microsoft announces Xbox event for May 21st

Posted Image

On Tuesday May 21st, we’ll mark the beginning of a new generation of games, TV and entertainment. On that day, we’ll be holding a special press event on the Xbox campus and we invite you to join us via the live global stream that will be available on Xbox.com, Xbox LIVE and broadcast on Spike TV if you are in the US or Canada.

On that day, we’ll share our vision for Xbox, and give you a real taste of the future. Then, 19-days later at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) in Los Angeles, we’ll continue the conversation and showcase our full lineup of blockbuster games.

We are thrilled to pull back the curtain and reveal what we’ve been working on.

A New Generation Revealed
Xbox Campus, Redmond WA
Tuesday, May 21st @ 1p ET/10a PT/17:00 GMT

So we finally have something more than just rumour... lets see what you have for us Microsoft.

If the rumors are really true that you can play only online then I'm sticking with the Playstation 4 eventhough I'm a big fan of Microsoft's work with Xbox.. An always online console is unacceptable!

• Like 1

Seems that they are only mentioning games and not the system

I doubt they will come out with an online only xbox...it will kill their sales and be a great anti-xbox ad for Sony

People will continue to just buy xbox 360 games and not the new one.

I will watch and hope for the best.

Thanks for sharing JPizzle

Dear Steve Ballmer,

All I can say is if the fracking thing red rings on me within the first year again.... (Three of them in the first year last time, all purchased brand new!) I'll be making a personal appearance at your headquaters, with my full arsenal of weapons I'm not allowed to legally own. And after I'm through with the employees, it's the id's in the pockets to visit the family members.

♥ Always

Insanity4All

edit: I'll bet this one earns me a warning post. :)

If the rumors are really true that you can play only online then I'm sticking to the Playstation 4 eventhough I'm a big fan of Miceosoft's work with Xbox.. An always online console is unacceptable!

I don't think Microsoft would do that, they'd be losing money from all the folks who have spotty to no coverage...losing potential money is the last thing on their agenda. I've read through the leaked documents, which didn't say anything about it needing to be always online to play your game. It did however say there will be an always on option to receive updates, installs, auto boots etc in the background or while your not using the console in low power mode. My only hopes for the next xbox is free multiplayer like everyone else (idk how they get away with charging for it) and a variety of new core exclusives...because at the moment that's what 360 is really lacking, it's only got 3 exclusives, 2 shooters and a racer -__- halo, gears, and forza. Instead of making new games they focused their time and money on kinect and timed dlc <<< ain't nobody ask for that shit. And I'm with you on PS4, Sony is about the gamers man, they had a variety of good exclusives this gen, free multiplayer, and ps plus is actually worth the price with the free games and deals you get every month. I'll only be getting the next xbox if they step their game up and match Sony or if their system gets hacked again.

Well just all rumours at the moment.

I will only be buying a next gen console when Fallout 4 is released anyway.

I think it will be a long wait if ever that next gen consoles get cracked.

first windows 8 now xbox with must have internet...

is microsoft sick or something lol.

i do have my xbox fully capable for anything which is suiting all my requirements (i bet same goes for many people aswell), meh even i has ps3 back in closet brand new packed lol played few games the packed back. aint planing cracking ps3 yet since i love free internet thingy. 

it would be a miracle if microsoft made free internet rather then must have O_o just might end with some random overprised stufs on market, customers happy plus profit.

iam not gonna be a slave at this point. iam all to the top supporting crackers lol 

Seems that they are only mentioning games and not the system

I doubt they will come out with an online only xbox...it will kill their sales and be a great anti-xbox ad for Sony

People will continue to just buy xbox 360 games and not the new one.

I will watch and hope for the best.

Thanks for sharing JPizzle

The May 21st event is for the console and then 19 days later at e3 they will be talking more about the games.

The May 21st event is for the console and then 19 days later at e3 they will be talking more about the games.

By games do you mean the launch titles.

Thanks. Will make for an interesting day

They will not likely have an online only xbox, however I do see them having new security measures to prevent piracy, I would bet they may have some sort of steam like system that would likely connect through Xbox Live and tell MS when discs have been shared or prevent sharing all together. I see using 1 disc on multiple Xbox's being a thing of the past with the new console, who knows what all we'll see to prevent piracy on the new box. I noticed TNA hasn't put out a platform game since '08, and South Peak games haven't since acquiring Midways license, I believe this had to do with piracy, I figure they will release a game for the new console since security would be UN-compromised (to start with.. hehe) I figure a lot of developers have been holding out till the new console, 360 games have been pirated pretty bad and it just would pay to release a game for it nowadays.

I thought it'd just be called xbox then xbox 2 and so on for the next, guess they didn't because of the original. I was close. Anyway, who starts off a games console reveal by saying hey you can watch TV...wtf?

Yeah, I mean who the F needs TV on a console lol? Though I love the skype - gaming option.

i was legitimately impressed. I agree that I love the skype - gaming option

Can play a game against someone and talk shit at the same time. Will make it lovely