RealModScene
Sinister

Need help updating [dashboard & dashlaunch]

I am not new to it, but I still have a hard time with updating.

What I am asking is .....

how once I update my dashboard and the console only goes to the nxe dash, how do I update dashlaunch?

Can I do this? Just update my dashboard with XEBUILD and then update dashlaunch?

Starting to get the newer games that require the latest dash. Only reason I am asking.

ALSO, can someone recomend what settings I should have for dashlaunch?

Just download the latest version of Dashlaunch and run the Installer via FSD's File Manager or Xexmenu. After it's up and running ( Dashlaunch ) select the "Paths" tab then select the "Default" tab and point it to the FSD's default.xex file

that is located in the FSD folder. Press B to exit Dashlaunch.

• Like 1

Thanks for the quick responce.

I have the latest version downloaded to my usb.

PROBLEM, Because I updated the M$ dash my xbox no longer boots to FS. And when in the NXE dash I have no access to Xexmenu. :(

Could I run Xexmenu off usb or disc?

Also, what are the recomended settings for Dashlaunch?

DO I delete the older Dashlaunch or will it overwright?

You need to configure your USB stick and inject Xexmenu into it then copy it to the Xbox Mu or HDD. It would be wise to uninstall Dashlaunch then install the new version but i don't think you're gonna have problems with overwriting the old version. As for the recomended settings I would suggest to turn ping patch and fake live on. I will get to you later with more info when I take a look at my launch.ini

1. You need your NAND and CPU Key ( make a Backup from Savegames or other things you may need)

2. Download xeBuild GUI 2.09 and DashLaunch 3.07

3. Make a Freeboot image with xeBuild with your responsive Settings (watch on youtube) if you dont know how

4. Rename it to updflash.bin to use inbuild Rawflash in XELL Menu or rename to nandflash.bin to flash with xenpn.elf (Raw Flash 4) put it on USB (root)

5. Start xbox by pressing the dvd tray you will have a XELL Reloaded let USB pluged in xbox FRONT USB PORTS

6. after Image flashed successfuly , shutdown xbox and plug out the power cord and let it without power for 30 sec put it back (dont start xbox)

7. Take your USB and copy the DashLaunch 3.07 Installer = Default.xex on your USB ROOT

8. Put USB in xBox USB Port and than fire up your xbox

9. now xbox is in Dashlaunch menu press on install (DONE YOu Have DashLaunch Installed) just need to configure for yourself

10. Download latest SystemUpdate from Mycrosoft and unpack it on Desktop rename the $ystemupdate > $$ystemupdate

11. Copy the $$ystemupdate to USB and reset xbox now you will get a promp that there are new updates ,press Yes to install update

12. When Done you can if you need a fresh fsd install reformat your hdd in xbox or just delete fsd folder

13. congrats your on 12.0.16203 

Hope its OK and it helps

• Like 2

You need to configure your USB stick and inject Xexmenu into it then copy it to the Xbox Mu or HDD. It would be wise to uninstall Dashlaunch then install the new version but i don't think you're gonna have problems with overwriting the old version. As for the recomended settings I would suggest to turn ping patch and fake live on. I will get to you later with more info when I take a look at my launch.ini

Guidance on how to go about injecting xexmenu into the hdd?

Would be grateful if you did have a look at your launch.ini and are able to make recommendations.

1. You need your NAND and CPU Key ( make a Backup from Savegames or other things you may need)

2. Download xeBuild GUI 2.09 and DashLaunch 3.07

3. Make a Freeboot image with xeBuild with your responsive Settings (watch on youtube) if you dont know how

4. Rename it to updflash.bin to use inbuild Rawflash in XELL Menu or rename to nandflash.bin to flash with xenpn.elf (Raw Flash 4) put it on USB (root)

5. Start xbox by pressing the dvd tray you will have a XELL Reloaded let USB pluged in xbox FRONT USB PORTS

6. after Image flashed successfuly , shutdown xbox and plug out the power cord and let it without power for 30 sec put it back (dont start xbox)

7. Take your USB and copy the DashLaunch 3.07 Installer = Default.xex on your USB ROOT

8. Put USB in xBox USB Port and than fire up your xbox

9. now xbox is in Dashlaunch menu press on install (DONE YOu Have DashLaunch Installed) just need to configure for yourself

10. Download latest SystemUpdate from Mycrosoft and unpack it on Desktop rename the $ystemupdate > $$ystemupdate

11. Copy the $$ystemupdate to USB and reset xbox now you will get a promp that there are new updates ,press Yes to install update

12. When Done you can if you need a fresh fsd install reformat your hdd in xbox or just delete fsd folder

13. congrats your on 12.0.16203 

Hope its OK and it helps

#5, I am on a trinity and one of the unlucky ones that can not see XELL Reloaded. :(

Updated my NAND (no problem, wrote it to HD) did the power down and unplug. Booted up ok, has latest dash.

Can not get my console to see the $systemupdate. Have tried renaming it. ($$ystemupdate)

Just booting to NXE dash .. no avatars and has me signed in.

HAD TO NAME IT $$systemupdate....odd.

But it worked. Thank goodness.

Here's a copy - paste tutorial from the web. ( Keep in mind that I'm not the author of this tutorial and do not hold any credit for it :) )

Let's get started!

1. Format Your Usb Device

to FAT32 or exFat and

connect your USB Device to

your xbox and Configure

this USB Device using Metro/Nxe !

2.After Completing

Configuration Unplug your

USB Device from Xbox and

Put it to your PC

3.Open up USB XTAF

Explorer

4.On USB XTAF Explorer

click on FILE, Open First

USB Device or if you have

any problem the Click on

file ,Open USB Manually… &

Select Your USB Device !

4.Now you should see a

folder Named ‘DATA’ ,just

open it & go to Dextop

create a Folder Named

‘Content’ and open and

make another folder named

“0000000000000000†(16

zero’s)

5.Extact C0DE9999 folder

from xex.menu.1.1.rar that

already downloaded and

copy it to that

“0000000000000000â€(16

zero’s) folder that created

in Dextop >Content !

6.Drag Content Folder from

Desktop over Xtaf that have

been Opened Lately

7.Unplug your USB and

plug it into your xbox, if

done all process then you

can now see XEX Menu in the Demo section of the USB. Copy it to your internal MU or HDD.

P.S. I edited a part of the text cause it doesn't apply to your need.

The following are the options that I enabled/disabled in my launch.ini ( keep in mind that other options may suite your needs. )

Pingpatch on

Signnotice off

Liveblock on

Livestrong off

xhttp on

nonestore on

devlink off

sockpatch off

Autofake off

fakelive off