RealModScene
liggths

Weather and FSD 3

Connect the hard drive to the pc.. do you mean the usb drive?  I don't think my freestyle stuff is on the usb hard drive.. I think it is on the Xbox's hard drive right?

Or do you mean connect the xbox to the router by network cable?  Sorry for my dumbness..

Connect the hard drive to the pc.. do you mean the usb drive?  I don't think my freestyle stuff is on the usb hard drive.. I think it is on the Xbox's hard drive right?

Or do you mean connect the xbox to the router by network cable?  Sorry for my dumbness..

In my case, an external USB hard disk carries both the Freestyle dashboard software (in its own folders) and the games (in separate folders).

I can disconnect the disk and connect it to the PC (via USB) to do the procedure I described, or to add new games as needed.

Hope that clarifies the matter.

You can also FTP from the same path, basically... it's FSDPath\Data\Databases\settings.db

Ok, thanks so I need to ftp mine then.. meaning I connect it via network cable to the router?  Which programs do I need please?  Since it is directly on my Xbox 360's hard drive... is that much riskier?

Ok, thanks so I need to ftp mine then.. meaning I connect it via network cable to the router?  Which programs do I need please?  Since it is directly on my Xbox 360's hard drive... is that much riskier?

Yes, using your router... etheir by cable or by wifi... doesn't matter...

you'll need Filezilla (or similar) on your computer... and you will want to run a different dashboard with FTP capabilities such as XEXMenu (on the console) so that you know the files aren't in-use...

Ok I got FileZilla on my pc.

Do u mean put it in xex menu while it is on and connected to ftp? How do I put it into xex menu mode plz? Thanks

I got a xexmenu disc.. and when I stick it in my Xbox's dvd drive and run it, it lists titles of games I got installed.  Is this right?

Can someone please 'talk' me through how exactly you want me to put it in xex menu mode and ftp through filezilla?

I am assuming, I stick the xex menu disc in.. let it show up the list of stuff.. does this mean freestyle dash is not being used and I can ftp its files?  While this list is up.. connect via cable to router as I don't have wifi on my 360.. then copy that file over.. back it up.. alter it.. copy it back?  All while the 360 is still on with that xex menu screen with its list up?

Sorry again for my stupidity!

Hi guys!

I've got another issue, i managed to link up the API key using SQL Lite, but now it can't seem to accept my city, I'm from Bucharest, no zip code won't work, the city written in english or romanian won't work, what can i do?

Hash that!! managed to find what i needed to do, edited the specific fields in the same db.

Sorry for spaming.

Do you think it will find Melbourne, Australia?

Anyways.. can someone please help me out with my previous post please?  Thanks...

Do u mean put it in xex menu while it is on and connected to ftp? How do I put it into xex menu mode plz? Thanks

I got a xexmenu disc.. and when I stick it in my Xbox's dvd drive and run it, it lists titles of games I got installed.  Is this right?

Can someone please 'talk' me through how exactly you want me to put it in xex menu mode and ftp through filezilla?

I am assuming, I stick the xex menu disc in.. let it show up the list of stuff.. does this mean freestyle dash is not being used and I can ftp its files?  While this list is up.. connect via cable to router as I don't have wifi on my 360.. then copy that file over.. back it up.. alter it.. copy it back?  All while the 360 is still on with that xex menu screen with its list up?

You need to download and install XEXMenu, then you start XEXMenu from NXE or from FSD... doesn't matter... after that you can connect to the FTP...

Yeah, while in XEXMenu you copy the file out, make your changes and put it back... as long as FSD isn't running it can't use the file...

I got xexmenu on disc and when I am in FSD.. I insert it, xexmenu seems to run directly off the disc, but not install though.  How do I install it onto my xbox please as you say?  Thanks.. I hope you understand what I'm trying to say haha.

I got xexmenu on disc and when I am in FSD.. I insert it, xexmenu seems to run directly off the disc, but not install though.  How do I install it onto my xbox please as you say?  Thanks.. I hope you understand what I'm trying to say haha.

You can run it also from a CD/DVD. doesn't matter... just start it up, and use the ftp...

Thanks.. I did it :)  Not with filezilla.. but with the flash ftp one.  Filezilla didn't let me access it haha.

Only problem now is.. I keep getting N/A for the weather details on Melbourne, Australia! :(  Why is this the case please?  Any ideas how to make some good details come up? Thanks again.

Thanks.. I did it :)  Not with filezilla.. but with the flash ftp one.  Filezilla didn't let me access it haha.

Only problem now is.. I keep getting N/A for the weather details on Melbourne, Australia! :(  Why is this the case please?  Any ideas how to make some good details come up? Thanks again.

Maybe you put the data in the wrong format? maybe it's not supported by the API?

I mean, it recognises it and it comes up with the API box.. and it finds Melbourne in the search so I think the key is right and all.  But the info for Melbourne is N/A.. is anyone else able to put in Melbourne, Australia in their search and see if they also get N/A or if they get some weather forecasts please? :p  Thanks

Hey, I have a problem with the API key I have. I registered on worldweatheronline.com and the API key is too long. The API code that is in the xboxunity websites settings is also too long. am I using the wrong keys?

Hey, I have a problem with the API key I have. I registered on worldweatheronline.com and the API key is too long. The API code that is in the xboxunity websites settings is also too long. am I using the wrong keys?

You need to enter it manually into the database now a days, previously it was shorter... and the key you want is from worldweatheronline.com

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply Swizzy, which database do I enter it into? I tried the unity website and it wont let me edit the API.

He he can someone please see if they get weather forecast and not n/a for melbourne, Australia please? Thanks

He he can someone please see if they get weather forecast and not n/a for melbourne, Australia please? Thanks

You can try accessing the API from any browser:

http://api.worldweatheronline.com/free/v1/weather.ashx?q=Melbourne&format=json&num_of_days=5&key=<your 40 character key here>

If it works (and it does) it should work in Freestyle as well and you should see weather data there and not N/A.

• Like 1

Hello,

I have FSD 3 rev 775 and a fresh generated api key that I manually inserted it in settings.db (29 digits long).

But I can not find any town, search button doesn't retrieve any info ....

I even inserted manually town in 2 fields of settings.db, it shows name location at "current" .....but N/A on Weather applet

What I do wrong ?