Step 9 Click on General Settings 

Step 10 Go to Weather Settings 

Step 11 Type in your Weather API key that you got at Step 5 

Step 12 Enter your Zip Code or City

Step 13 Pick where you live 

Step 14 Go to General settings which is at the top

Step 15 Enable Show Weather on Startup 

Step 16 Re-Boot 

Great tuts man....got my weather working now....guys just follow this and u good to go.. am yet to try if my xbox location will work this time

Hi

I have made an API Key today, and you are real, the new format is bad for FSD :(

Can some one give me an API Key old format please ?

Or is some one make a fix for FSD to correct this problem ?

Thanks

I don't understand how some people got it to work while other coulnd't

i got an API key from the website. it's 39 characters. FSD only lets me type in 30 characters.

how do i fix that?

thanks.

• Like 1

I don't understand how some people got it to work while other coulnd't

i got an API key from the website. it's 39 characters. FSD only lets me type in 30 characters.

how do i fix that?

thanks.

You'll need to rebuild FSD to allow for 39 characters instead of just 30...

It's probably related to the weather service updating the way their api keys work, and to allow ppl to still use their old keys they didn't remove it...

Yes, some have old API KEY with 30 characters.

And yes rebuild FSD is the best solution, but i don't know how to do it ?

Is some one can do it for every body and share the XEX here ?

Because now FSD Team leave the scene, they will never update FSD more :(

I also need a key, just bought an x-box, installed fsd and cannot setup weather, because the key I got has 39 symbols(( Please, someone, PM it to me, they say that it works on up to 3 consoles simultaneously

It seems to be working, but the new keys don't fit. Hopefully, the fsd team makes a fix.

Hi, I just got a xbox with FSD 3 on it.. but I don't see any option where to put in the api key when I go into weather settings. :(  Sorry to be dumb and all!  I'm new to all this!  Thanks, hopefully someone can help me out!

Hi, I just got a xbox with FSD 3 on it.. but I don't see any option where to put in the api key when I go into weather settings. :( Sorry to be dumb and all! I'm new to all this! Thanks, hopefully someone can help me out!

Just change the skin to default and go to the weather settings.

Hi, I now have the option of adding in the api key.. but my key is way too long.. can someone please PM me an old 30 character api key please?  thanks.. greatly appreciated!

I know I asked before, but does anyone have one please to pass on to me?  Or know of anyone else who does please?  Thanks.

You can change it in the SQLite database.

I downloaded the settings.db from the e:/dash/Data/Databases with the XeXMenu FTP (remember to set it to active, passive does not always work), downloaded it to my computer and inserted my key using SQLiteBrowser  and following SQL:

update GlobalSettings 
set GlobalSettingsWeatherApiKey = 'YOUR API KEY'

It worked like a charm :)

You can change it in the SQLite database.

I downloaded the settings.db from the e:/dash/Data/Databases with the XeXMenu FTP (remember to set it to active, passive does not always work), downloaded it to my computer and inserted my key using SQLiteBrowser  and following SQL:

update GlobalSettings 
set GlobalSettingsWeatherApiKey = 'YOUR API KEY'

It worked like a charm :)

Nice! Works here!

Thanks...

Is it easy to do?  I'm a newbie here and female haha.. Not that being female has anything to do with it!  I'm scared of stuffing up my system and corrupting it.  I'm not entirely sure what the xexmenu ftp is.. is that a program I need to download?  I've never touched any of that stuff before. :(  Thanks.

Is it easy to do?  I'm a newbie here and female haha.. Not that being female has anything to do with it!  I'm scared of stuffing up my system and corrupting it.  I'm not entirely sure what the xexmenu ftp is.. is that a program I need to download?  I've never touched any of that stuff before. :(  Thanks.

Here are the steps you need to follow:

1. Connect the hard disk to your PC and copy the settings.db file from G:\FreeStyle\Data\Databases to somewhere, e.g. C:\Temp
2. Make a copy to be on the safe side. If something goes wrong you can copy the copy back to the original location.
3. Download SQL Lite Browser from http://sourceforge.net/projects/sqlitebrowser/files/latest/download and install it
4. Open SQL Lite Browser and load the settings.db database from where you put it
5. Go to the second tab "Browse Data"
6. Select the GlobalSettings table from the combo box
7. Scroll all the way to the left and you will see the GlobalSettingsWeatherApiKey field
8. Copy paste your 40 characters Weather API Key instead of whatever's there
9. Save using "Write Changes" button
10. Copy the modified settings.db back to the FreeStyle hard disk, overriding the existing one in G:\FreeStyle\Data\Databases

That's all. Good luck  :thumbup:
  • Like 2

Here are the steps you need to follow:

1. Connect the hard disk to your PC and copy the settings.db file from G:\FreeStyle\Data\Databases to somewhere, e.g. C:\Temp

2. Make a copy to be on the safe side. If something goes wrong you can copy the copy back to the original location.

3. Download SQL Lite Browser from http://sourceforge.net/projects/sqlitebrowser/files/latest/download and install it

4. Open SQL Lite Browser and load the settings.db database from where you put it

5. Go to the second tab "Browse Data"

6. Select the GlobalSettings table from the combo box

7. Scroll all the way to the left and you will see the GlobalSettingsWeatherApiKey field

8. Copy paste your 40 characters Weather API Key instead of whatever's there

9. Save using "Write Changes" button

10. Copy the modified settings.db back to the FreeStyle hard disk, overriding the existing one in G:\FreeStyle\Data\Databases

That's all. Good luck :thumbup:

Superb explanation... Manage to get mine works charm...