RealModScene
Griff

Nulldc360 help

So I got the emu up and running, problem is I'm getting a red screen when I start games. I'm thinking it has to do with the nulldc-360 folder I made...I grabbed the files from the pc emu and stuck them in there accordingly.. Maybe I'm using wrong ones idk. Could someone kindly upload their folder?

So what was the problem? 'couse I'm getting Red screen error to. Is it ok if I changed name from nulldc360.elf32 to xenox.elf ?

I'm tryin' to play Mortal Kombat Gold from GDI format and it gives me Red Screen in Xell after trying to run game image.

Any solutions?

Yeah that's exactly what I did, changed the name to xenon.elf and ran it through xell. Every game I've tried so far works, Powerstone 1 & 2, Shenmue, and Zombies Revenge. I can't get saves to work though.

Put the xenon.elf on the root of your usb along with a folder titled nulldc-360 and in there that's where you put the dreamcast bios and plugins.

Hello,I would need a strong help because I'm about to go crazy. By now been months since I try to start null dc but nothing, I always red screen. I tried to put everything in the root of the USB stick, even the file in rinonimarlo. Xenon.elf32 but nothing, when loading the screen goes red.Because I would like to play with my brother virtua striker and power stones is not that genitlmente you pass me the zip file with all the necessary files to put on the stick and start it without problems?I'd be grateful.I'm more into the skin, I want to try this emulator. thanks;)

Hello,I would need a strong help because I'm about to go crazy. By now been months since I try to start null dc but nothing, I always red screen. I tried to put everything in the root of the USB stick, even the file in rinonimarlo. Xenon.elf32 but nothing, when loading the screen goes red.Because I would like to play with my brother virtua striker and power stones is not that genitlmente you pass me the zip file with all the necessary files to put on the stick and start it without problems?I'd be grateful.I'm more into the skin, I want to try this emulator. thanks ;)

The red screen means that it's crashing, if you supply the nulldc-360.elf (not the elf32 [not the one you launch, but the other one compiled with it]) and your stackdump (which is printed on the screen) i can try to help you explain where the error is at... 

Is there any tutorial out there for this emulator? I can't get it to work, it starts but it can't find the games or it crashes. I tried starting the emulator from hd and usb, also loading games from hd and usb. I even tried the tips from above but it always acts the same.

Could someone plz help??

Is there any tutorial out there for this emulator? I can't get it to work, it starts but it can't find the games or it crashes. I tried starting the emulator from hd and usb, also loading games from hd and usb. I even tried the tips from above but it always acts the same.Could someone plz help??

Maybe it's using the old Mount code that is having issues with certain partition tables and such... if you get it to crash, please upload your .elf and the stackdump... if you don't supply this information there is nobody that can help you solve it...

Maybe it's using the old Mount code that is having issues with certain partition tables and such... if you get it to crash, please upload your .elf and the stackdump... if you don't supply this information there is nobody that can help you solve it...

Ok, how can I do that? And what is the stackdump?

(Sorry I am new to XBOX360)

Ok, how can I do that? And what is the stackdump?(Sorry I am new to XBOX360)

Since this emulator requires you to compile it yourself... you should be getting a file with the extension ".elf" and another with the extension ".elf32" the first one is the one i want, it contains debug information...The stackdump is displayed on screen when the emulator crashes, it's a red screen with white text all over it, just take a picture of your TV/Monitor and upload it along with the elf...You can use any site you want, for instance www.sprend.com, www.mediafire.com or any other of your choice... it doesn't matter, as long as i don't need an account to download the file i'm happy...

where did you download it from? without the real elf (not elf32 which you use to start it) there isn't much i can do to help you, even with the stackdump (it's quite useless without the elf)

** edit: **

As you can see the output is useless:

Posted Image

this thing is hard to find on the internet... or maybe it's just me. Can you provide me with a good downloadlink, a complete one, or simply the file?

I really appreciate your help, thanks a lot.

this thing is hard to find on the internet... or maybe it's just me. Can you provide me with a good downloadlink, a complete one, or simply the file?I really appreciate your help, thanks a lot.

Nope, it's not meant to be released to the public, the original author never released a "binary", he uploaded his code to github for anyone with the knowledge to compile it... i'm not going to piss him off even more by giving you a compiled version from me...

Oh ok, that explains a lot, didn't know that.So it would be the best to wait for an official release, do you have an idea when this could be?

Probably not going to be an official release as the original author pretty much ditched most of his projects including this one, besides... if we get a hack for the XBOne soonish to run emulators and such there'll be ALOT more emulators for that (which are almost ready already due to the architecture beeing x86, same as in the old xbox)

I just bought the 360 and I am not planing to get the XBOXONE. So that's sad, I hoped to play DC on my 360 even if it's just Chu Chu Rocket :( Any idea what I can do?

Well, if you REALLY want to get this, perhaps you should look into how to compile Libxenon stuff? Here's a link to get you started: http://free60.org/Compiling_the_Toolchain i recommend using linux, so if you're not familiar with linux, perhaps you should look into a quick crash course into that... the basics are quite simple really, and it's really quite easy to compile libxenon stuff (when it works out of the box) in some cases it doesn't, i wrote a script quite a while ago to install most stuff on a debian system all in one go... you can download it from here if you like: http://xeupd.com/.downloads/install_libxenon.sh what you do with this script is simple:

Step 1: Download and install "sudo" (command: apt-get install sudo) what this does is allow you to run stuff as root using your normal user account

Step 2: Download the script (command: wget http://xeupd.com/.downloads/install_libxenon.sh)

Step 3: Make it executable (command: chmod +x install_libxenon.sh)

Step 4: Start the script and let it do it's magic (command: ./install_libxenon.sh)
each (command: ...) contains everything you need to put into your terminal, remove the "command: " part tho ;) Once you've got the toolchain installed all you have to do is download the homebrew source code which you want to compile, most of it can be found on git, so you'd do this:  

Step 1: Clone the source code (command: git clone url) replace url with the git url! ussually looks something like this: https://github.com/Free60Project/libxenon.git

Step 2: Enter the directory which you just cloned (command: cd folder) where folder in this case is the name of the git (tends to be the same as the git filename, in the above example it'd be "libxenon")

Step 3: Compile the homebrew, this is really easy, most of them just require you to write "make" and it'll compile it... (command: make)

Step 4: Copy the homebrew exectuable, often this is: the_name_of_the_homebrew.elf32 but it could also be "xenon.elf32", or in some rare cases "xenon.elf" if you see both a elf32 and a elf you need to use the elf32 to run it, the other one is for debugging...

@Swizzy

Wow i was unaware that the auther has finished with this project,is this definately true?i am in shock,i compiled GliGli's source code when it was basically first released around 2011/2012 and have waited for the day when an update to the source files was released,but to read this is a punch in the face for me,well i am certain another source will most likely look into this port in the future,i do hope though that GliGli remains in the xbox scene,he has done miracles for all of us.

With the red screen issue individuals are encountering,i have found that if i have any usb device connected in the back of the xbox ( slim ) i will ALWAYS encounter this red screen issue,meaning if i have

- Usb devices

- External hdd's

- Wired controllers

-Etc Etc Etc

Connected in the back of the xbox i ALWAYS encounter the red screen issue,not sure why.....

However this does not apply to the front usb ports on the xbox 360 slim console,the nulldc360 port works as per normal if external devices are connected.....

for anyone encountering this issue try removing any usb devices from the rear usb ports and try to boot the emulator again.

@SwizzyWow i was unaware that the auther has finished with this project,is this definately true?i am in shock,i compiled GliGli's source code when it was basically first released around 2011/2012 and have waited for the day when an update to the source files was released,but to read this is a punch in the face for me,well i am certain another source will most likely look into this port in the future,i do hope though that GliGli remains in the xbox scene,he has done miracles for all of us.With the red screen issue individuals are encountering,i have found that if i have any usb device connected in the back of the xbox ( slim ) i will ALWAYS encounter this red screen issue,meaning if i have- Usb devices- External hdd's- Wired controllers-Etc Etc EtcConnected in the back of the xbox i ALWAYS encounter the red screen issue,not sure why.....However this does not apply to the front usb ports on the xbox 360 slim console,the nulldc360 port works as per normal if external devices are connected.....for anyone encountering this issue try removing any usb devices from the rear usb ports and try to boot the emulator again.

The red screen issue is caused by a crash, it's basically the same as if you'd have "BSOD" on your windows PC... something is making it crash, it could be a USB device, or something else aswell (missing files, bad code and what not)If you're using my updated code for Libxenon/ZLX you'll have code that works ALOT better with USB devices, causing less crashes and working with more devices...It's wierd that you're only having the issue with the rear ports on your slim, maybe there's a problem with the communication on those ports(?) idk...

This thread really helped me a lot since information on the nulldc-360 emulator are hard to find on the internet. I`ve got the emulator running (from my hard disc - because trying to run them from USB will result in the red-error screen) but the problem is that I can`t chose/open a rom.

I`ve put several roms (each rom is in a seperate folder) into the folder dcroms on the root of my internal HDD of my XBOX 360 Fat (Glitch). When I try to open this folder 2 things can happen:

1. I can access the "dc roms" folder, but nothing is in there

2. I can`t access the "dc roms" folder and the emulator throw me back into the overview of harddrives I can select

I`ve renamed the folder "dc roms" to "dcroms" and I`ve even put the roms directly in the root of my hdd but they are not displayed. All of the roms I have (there are 5 games) are CDI images

Does anybody have an idea why I can`t access the folders?