RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
harmoine

how to transfer file from internal to new internal?

hi before i buy my new internal i just want to know how to transfer the data/games/profiles/FSD3/ and other xbox files to the new hard drive im seaching for a while but i cant find a good tutorial because my 250gb is already full xD anyone could help me ?is it easy as copy paste?

harmoine.. 

theres quite few ways on doing that : 

1. usb key/hard : insert it and go to filemanager and start copying.

2. ethernet cable + FTP : setting ftp is realy easy google for FlashFXP then on top of that google : how to set up jtag ftp you will manage this its easy.

3. ethernet cable + samba : once again google for how to set up samba on jtag.

4. wireless + ftp or samba  ^ 

5. Thats it. if you plan keeping fsd folder wouldnt it be easer to copy just folder with covers,banners ?

6. your gamertag profiles is located : hdd1Content     the folders inside there is every profile you created so far exept for folder named 0000000...000000 < its the main folder for puting dlc.

7. using any method above youl easily achieve what you want and .... learn something

8. just an advice : dont rush :)

9. good luck and update this thread on any "problem" you will encounter ^^

If you have a big enough external HDD you could simply copy all the files via FDS's file manager to it. I've done this and it's the quickest way, it takes 2-3 h maybe. You could also make an image of the HDD with Party Buffalo. The first option sounds more simple. The FTP option is used if you have alot free of time on your hands lol.

• Like 1

thanks guys 

will this work if i change my internal HDD 250gb to 1tb on jtag/rgh
1. copy files from internal to PC via FTP FSD
2.remove internal after step 1
3.place new 1tb internal 
4.format internal to xbox format 
5.Copy files from pc to new 1tb internal 
and guys what internal HDD is recommended for xbox i want WD but i dont know what type i know 2"5 for laptops does any WD for laptops works ?

btw can i remove the HDD from the case and put the new one on it ? 

I don't see why not. Just be careful not to break it.

I bought a 500 Gb WD HDD from Amazon a while ago and it works flawlessly. I would suggest to go with the Blue series.

thanks guys 

will this work if i change my internal HDD 250gb to 1tb on jtag/rgh
1. copy files from internal to PC via FTP FSD
2.remove internal after step 1
3.place new 1tb internal 
4.format internal to xbox format 
5.Copy files from pc to new 1tb internal 
and guys what internal HDD is recommended for xbox i want WD but i dont know what type i know 2"5 for laptops does any WD for laptops works ?

Nope. I have a 320 gb external HDD and I copied all my files to it via FSD's file manager.

what exactly the HDD you buy ? WD blue right ? whats the model number ? is it scorpio ? 

and is it 7mm or 9.5mm ? cause ill buy just like what you buy so i can sure that it will work haha

what exactly the HDD you buy ? WD blue right ? whats the model number ? is it scorpio ? and is it 7mm or 9.5mm ? cause ill buy just like what you buy so i can sure that it will work haha

Yes, it's a 2,5" Scorpio Blue model. I don't quite remember what model number it was cause I bought it way back in December.

do i need to install FSD again or i just copy it xD

Just copy it. It should work fine.

You don't have to buy a WD Scorpio; any 2.5'' will do. I replaced my 320 gig with a Fujitsu 1TB which I have maxed in 3 months. I can't speak highly enough of the MS Data transfer cable though, all one has to do is swap the internal with the new one, attach it to the cable and on to the XBOX USB, and voila! Like magic everything can be copied over to the new internal.