RealModScene
Oldguy

Will the HD-DVD player work with a Modded xbox360

All, a buddy of mine has an old xbox 360 HD-DVD player and I found a bunch of old HD-DVD movies I have from years ago for some reason.   Will a modded Xbox360 recognize and play the movies?   I am just curious and I seems to remember I had to have a disk of software with that player and I do not want to damage my modded setup by plugging it in.

Thanks in advance,

Oldguy

The Jtag & RGH unit should recognize the HD Player without any kind of problems, except your unit is on a very old Dashboard version. In the early days the HD Player came out with installtion disc. But in all the years, i never needed it.

Dr. Gonzo thanks so much.   I realized after posting I could probably just use the HD-DVD player hooked up to a windows device and figured that out so I could get to the HD-DVD movies.   I was then able to add them to my Plex collection.   I did run into a problem where about 20% of the HD-DVD movies would fail.   Not sure it was disk rot or what as many of them had never been out of the original wrapping.

But it worked great for the others using makemkv software.   The videos look and play great.