RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
csenger41

Some of the games not appearing in game list

Hello!

Some of my games are not appearing in the game list. I used to have FSD2, then upgraded to FSD3, with the installer, ticked remove existing installation too, but those games which were in the library of the previous version are not appearing in the library of the new version.

What I have tried so far:

- deleting content path, restarting console, adding again

- Clear Data in Reset Settings

- remove content path, then clear data, then add path again

I would really appreciate, it is realy tedious to start those games from File Manager.

The scan depth is good, as the other games, copied exactly the same way are appearing and working perfectly.

We would need more information, like the paths of some games not listing, some that ARE listing, scan settings (depth, path, options) etc

Suprised removing content path works never does for me the dam thing reappears back in the list even after reboot,i've found it better to manually remove traces of older installs & reinstall fresh you can use a portable version to transfer any files & folders you want to keep if they were locked

while i'm here anyonew know whats happened to elitemodscene is that site now deleted

Guys iam posting something i was suffering myself and many people still getting same errors so i hope it will help anyway: if the path is active, that means for example xbox360 has active games in it i think even active TU is causing this (i think) so it wont delete or just freezes stood while trying to delete path. so i always do :

1. if i tryed deleting i restart xbox (even if it froze or did nothing), reload external hdd aswell, then go to : settings >general setttings > reset settngs > {clear data}, deleting manualy from loaded fsd on usb works aswell.

2. as soon as i get that deleted i either restart xbox or go straight to paths and delete them afterwards i restart xbox.

3. Be sure to set your "scan at starup disabled" before that.

4. when it loads fully, i check game paths if i deleted that and if it apeareded again i just delete it and add new path and save.

5. set scan at startup enabled and restart xbox,

6. If you dealing with large amount of games (like me)  to be scaned at first heres some suggestion : for example i have all my games stored on external hard drive usb0:xbox360 and iv set same path, so what i do i pick like 20-50(number i might say may depend on you internet) games from like 200 and leave them there then i create new folder usb0:new folder and store rest 150 there, works best managing this through samba. As i did this i restart xbox (dont forget to set cover downloading options and stuff before adding new path and autoscan as mentioned) restart xbox. this method wont "overload fsd" after its done(downloading cache is empty) go again to samba, pick more games 20-50 from usb0:new folder cut them and paste to usb0:xbox360 then manualy scan paths, and so on with rest of games. for xbla i pick 80-100. and trust me doing all this i never having duplicating game paths, missing banners or pictures, or freezing game library since previous update.

ps. while doing first fresh cover downloading and scaning its best to restart xbox with left autoscan at startup on, because what i think (my theory) if theres still any active games left it may cause reapering old paths or just duplicate them. or leaving some "bugged files" wich is causing all this circus. its like in windows if you have any active process its hard to delete file you either delete process or go to safe mode, lol xbox restart is safe mode at startup  :sweat:

6. thats something you must figure out for your self in time when you dealing with 566+236 (800~) games.

7. good luck :) it works :p if i was unclear at some point let me know ill explain even deeper.

Sorry guys, but nothing worked, decided so format my HDD and reinstalled FSD, now working okay, I hope it will stay like this from now on. :)