RealModScene
mrftwilliams

.avi files on xbox360

i was just searching the net and this site about being able to watch avi movies on rgh 1 falcon and have become confused about how to watch avi movies because of the different players available any idea which of you guys use and why so i know not to dl wrong 1 or a rubbish 1 

i have a usb drive 8gb formatted to xbox but when i try dragging file over it tells me the drive is full when all i did was format it with the xbox

Your drive is formatted as a Fatx partition. Windows thinks the USB stick is full but it isn't lol. I have never heard of a avi file being played on a Xbox console but then again I don't watch movies that often on it. Usually I convert them to a mp4 file and play them with no problems.

when i google search it tells me about ffplay and xbmc but not enough info i wanna know if i can just create a folder on my external called movies for example and just move them over then watch with the player that comes with the xbox or do i have to install a piece of homebrew software to enable me to do this

a while back I installed Optional Media Update I also used a formated USB Drive Fat 32 You have to use files under 4 gigs to play Avi files.WMV files also work on Xbox dash.

I just use the Windows media center app to stream movies from my computer to my xbox over my local network.  They work best using the mp4 format.  Also, I use the My Movies plugin with windows media center.  My movies is a free program that downloads all of the boxart as well as the imdb information for the movies in your library and displays them through Windows Media Center in a visual layout that I find looks really good.  This is how I get around the fat 32 file limit nonsense.  Also, if you want another way around the file limit, try ftpiing the file directly onto your Xbox from your computer.

.  Also, if you want another way around the file limit, try ftpiing the file directly onto your Xbox from your computer.

that was what i was hoping i could do cos i use flashfxp to do my dlc and xbla as its quite fast but could i just put it on my external hdd and create new folder and just select it from the hdd will it just load or do i need convert it to mp4.

do i need to install any software on the xbox or can i use the media play on nxe

i play .avi files all the time

Do what als3 said and format it to fat 32. Then you will be able to play the video

also if you have drives over 32 gigs you want to use with fat 32 use a program called guiformat it will format any size drive where Windows will only do 32 gig size drives in fat 32.

i play .avi files all the time

Do what als3 said and format it to fat 32. Then you will be able to play the video

so just stick me 8gb usb drive in me computer and format it to fat32 and just put avi files on it and plug it in the xbox and boot it up and just press media button and go through there

thankyou guys for your input i am very grateful for your time

so just stick me 8gb usb drive in me computer and format it to fat32 and just put avi files on it and plug it in the xbox and boot it up and just press media button and go through there

thankyou guys for your input i am very grateful for your time

sorry for the late reply, but that should work. let me know how it goes