RealModScene
janner66

Cannot Delete Indie Games & messed up covers

I deleted the databases through XEXmenu as I was unable to delete indie titles from my XBLA folder on FS3 latest version. When I rebooted and reinstated the game paths, all the games had the wrong covers for them. All the covers for the games were there but they were named wrong as the games I had deleted, the covers had gone but their names still appeared and this messed up the list I guess. So New Rally X had the cover for Fez for example. If I choose Y and refresh covers they re-appear. Is there a quicker way of fixing this issue without refreshing the covers?

Also, I still can't delete indie games from FS3 as the screen freezes at 0%. I can delete them using 360 content manager or NXE360 but the games are still showing in the XBLA folder even though they have definitely been deleted.

When you go to delete a game it says it will delete everything in the folder 0000000000000002 (where the XBLA and Indie games are). Will it delete EVERYTHING in that folder i.e all of your games or just the 1 game?

Thanks.

just the one game, you need to delete them in F3 or they will remain in your database. Just do a fresh install because it sounds like you jacked up your DB.

I did a fresh install using the installer form CD. I opted to delete the previous version but still I can't delete the indie games without a freeze.

Somebody else suggested that I delete the.db files (which I have done) All the data folders, there will be one for each program/game forget there names but they contain artwork and suchlike. Would you recommend this?

just the one game, you need to delete them in F3 or they will remain in your database. Just do a fresh install because it sounds like you jacked up your DB.

Well it deleted all the games in the folder so now I am going to have to reinstall all of them again. Is this a bug as it always says it will delete all of the contents in the folder i.e. ooooooooooooooo2 not the game folder inside 0000000000000002. However even though it has deleted all of the games, they still show in the XBLA folder, but now they don't execute.

OK first of to delete Indie games you MUST be on the newest release. There was an issue before that.

Second All indie games are in the same folder.

Third. DO Not remove content from outside F3 unless you wipe DB or it gets jacked cause its all linked together.

To explain. F3 scans your folders adds an content Item to DB then it creates a File that stores all content for the item based on index in the DB. When you delete and rescan the DB but not the gamedata folder then the packed content doesn 't match.

Next be patient sometimes delete takes time. How long did you wait before you considered it a freeze? did Dashlaunch or F3 report a crash? do you have crash reporting on? Sometimes patience is a virtue.

Thanks for the reply JQE. I think I was on the latest dash but I have chopped and changed so much trying to resolve the issue that I could not be sure.

How long would you expect a deletion of an indie game to take? I waited about 30 seconds if memory serves me correct. It just stayed on 0% although I didn't receive an error message.

What I will do is update to the latest dash and try again but leave it for a good 10 minutes or so. I thought there was a problem as XBLA deletes took 3 seconds to delete a game. Now that I know I will be more patient. “Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet.†Aristotle.

Thanks for the info about the database also. I did not know that. I will refrain from using third party software in future. Thanks :) 

I have tried the things you have suggested and still no luck.

I am on Dash Version 3.0b Rev 735

I went to delete the game and it froze on 0%. I left it for 10 minutes but no joy and none of the gamepad buttons were working to exit so I had to reboot.

There was no crash report. I think I have this turned on as I have seen crash messages before but I do not know where to go to confirm this.

I am on kernel 2.0.16203.0

Default Skin

I have a USB drive attached with my profiles and saves on and an internal hard drive.

I have managed to fix it. It was the game paths. I re-installed Freestyle dash again, but in the game paths I changed all retail to Automatic and all devkit set to the relevant path. i.e. xbox360 says Retail:automatic, Devkit Xbox360.

Before, I had Hdd1: set to automatic as one path, and then separate game paths for Xbox360, emus,homebrew and XBLA but the retail and devkit was always set to the relevant game path.

So in conclusion it was either the game path Hdd1: as a separate path that was confusing the other separate game paths or the fact that retail was not set to automatic. Funnily enough now my indie games appear in the homebrew section whereas before they appeared in the XBLA folder.

I have tried the things you have suggested and still no luck.I am on Dash Version 3.0b Rev 735I went to delete the game and it froze on 0%. I left it for 10 minutes but no joy and none of the gamepad buttons were working to exit so I had to reboot.There was no crash report. I think I have this turned on as I have seen crash messages before but I do not know where to go to confirm this.I am on kernel 2.0.16203.0Default SkinI have a USB drive attached with my profiles and saves on and an internal hard drive. I have managed to fix it. It was the game paths. I re-installed Freestyle dash again, but in the game paths I changed all retail to Automatic and all devkit set to the relevant path. i.e. xbox360 says Retail:automatic, Devkit Xbox360.Before, I had Hdd1: set to automatic as one path, and then separate game paths for Xbox360, emus,homebrew and XBLA but the retail and devkit was always set to the relevant game path.So in conclusion it was either the game path Hdd1: as a separate path that was confusing the other separate game paths or the fact that retail was not set to automatic. Funnily enough now my indie games appear in the homebrew section whereas before they appeared in the XBLA folder.

I'm glad it all went well. The Indie games I've mentioned also appear in the Homebrew section. If it bothers you you could always move them to another section i.e. XBLA Games.
  • Like 1

No I quite like them in the homebrew section. Previously I was moving them to this folder anyway so I don't mind that.