RealModScene
outofwork

Title updates - basic questions

Are TUs cumulative?  For example, I just downloaded the TUs for Battlefield 3 and it downloaded TUs 3, 2 and 1 with 3 logically being the most current.  I would normally just select TU 3 to be active and ignore TUs 2 and 1.  But, can I just delete TUs 2 and 1?  There isn't any sense in wasting that space.

I have also noticed that when I download some TUs for other games that I may see TUs 5, 3 and 1 for a game.  Does that simply mean that TUs 4 and 2 were removed because of problems?  

Also when downloading TUs why doesn't it just download the latest TU if they are cumulative?  Why does it download all of them?

When updating FSD as I just did is there a way to save all of the TUs that I previously downloaded on the prior version of FSD or are they automatically saved as part of the install process?

Thanks,

outofwork

FSD will download every available Title Update for a game.

You only need to activate the latest - older Title Updates can be removed.

When FSD downloads them, it will put them in the correct folder (Cache or Content0000000000000000Media-ID000B0000).

This means that you don't need to download Title Updates again when a new version of FSD is used.

• Like 2

What determines if it goes to the Content folder or Cache?

Many thanks for the info.

outofwork

What determines if it goes to the Content folder or Cache?

Title Updates beginning with TU_* go in the Cache folder and Title Updates beginning with TU* go in Content0000000000000000Media-ID000B0000.

However, you don't need to worry about that because FSD will move them to their correct locations once they are downloaded.

I've some games that after a TU doesn't work anymore until I delete the TU

For example: Burnout Paradise with TU3, but this is only an example.