RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Oldguy

Getting synopsis, backgrounds and ratings into Aurora

I am new to the community and am trying to get synopsis data, backgrounds and marketplace ratings to load.   

I am on the newest Aurora and I do get DLC, title updates and box art from Unity with no issue.   It seems I am not getting any update from xbox.com.

I also have Aurora Asset Editor 1.3.1 from github but the scrape to xbox.com will not work as I am not allow to select my country region as that dropdown is blank.

Many threads indicate that Aurora Asset Editor no long functions as Microsoft changed something with xbox.com.   Is that correct?  If not what version do I need to download and where do I find that version?

Also I read somewhere that Aurora would scrape from xbox.com if I disable livestrong in my dashboard.   Is that true?  Does that put me at some type of risk of being banned or something?  Is it save to do that?

Thanks,

Steve

8 hours ago, Oldguy said:

I am new to the community and am trying to get synopsis data, backgrounds and marketplace ratings to load.   

I am on the newest Aurora and I do get DLC, title updates and box art from Unity with no issue.   It seems I am not getting any update from xbox.com.

I also have Aurora Asset Editor 1.3.1 from github but the scrape to xbox.com will not work as I am not allow to select my country region as that dropdown is blank.

Many threads indicate that Aurora Asset Editor no long functions as Microsoft changed something with xbox.com.   Is that correct?  If not what version do I need to download and where do I find that version?

Also I read somewhere that Aurora would scrape from xbox.com if I disable livestrong in my dashboard.   Is that true?  Does that put me at some type of risk of being banned or something?  Is it save to do that?

Thanks,

Steve

Disable livestrong via dashlaunch. That will allow you to pull synopsis from xbox.com via aurora. one note tho. You will crash if your pulling alot of titles from xbox.com. as I was having this issues as I had 3000 plus titles to grab. But if your pulling afew at a time you should be fine

For Aurora Asset Editor v1.3.1. There is no new version I know of & yeah since there was changes to xbox.com Aurora asset editor won't pull from xbox.com at all because of those changes. So AAE needs an update. By who I'm unsure 

KiwiMeoWii thanks so much, your guidance worked.   I did one game at a time as I do not have many so I did not have any crashing issues.  

Also, I figured out that with Aurora Asset Editor I can create my own covers and drag and drop them into the box for cover art and then save the cover and it updates my Xbox.   So for many of the original Xbox titles that are not in Unity I can quickly create my own.  I probably should have tried that earlier.  Noob mistake on my part.

• Thanks 1

So AAE needs an update. By who I'm unsure 

I decided to take a look into it and there are a couple of issues that will need to be fixed. I am not very familiar with C#, so it might take some time to completely fix.
The two main issues that I have found so far are 1) the locale parser is broken 2) there is a tls/ssl error when connecting to xbox.com which can be resolved by adding this line:

System.Net.ServicePointManager.SecurityProtocol |= (SecurityProtocolType)(0xc0 | 0x300 | 0xc00);

After hard coding a en-US local (just for testing) and adding the tls/ssl fix it is able to find some of the assets from xbox.com (see screenshot below), but there are a lot of assets missing. So the parts that parse for those assets will also need to be fixed

aae_fix_wip.PNG

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jrobiche said:

I decided to take a look into it and there are a couple of issues that will need to be fixed. I am not very familiar with C#, so it might take some time to completely fix.
The two main issues that I have found so far are 1) the locale parser is broken 2) there is a tls/ssl error when connecting to xbox.com which can be resolved by adding this line:

System.Net.ServicePointManager.SecurityProtocol |= (SecurityProtocolType)(0xc0 | 0x300 | 0xc00);

After hard coding a en-US local (just for testing) and adding the tls/ssl fix it is able to find some of the assets from xbox.com (see screenshot below), but there are a lot of assets missing. So the parts that parse for those assets will also need to be fixed

aae_fix_wip.PNG

Your wizard man.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Oldguy said:

KiwiMeoWii thanks so much, your guidance worked.   I did one game at a time as I do not have many so I did not have any crashing issues.  

Also, I figured out that with Aurora Asset Editor I can create my own covers and drag and drop them into the box for cover art and then save the cover and it updates my Xbox.   So for many of the original Xbox titles that are not in Unity I can quickly create my own.  I probably should have tried that earlier.  Noob mistake on my part.

Plus if your game titles have video trailers you will need to have the avatar update & optional media update to watch the trailers.

I recently made a post in a another topic with my fix for this. Feel free to check it out:

On 7/20/2022 at 7:07 AM, Oldguy said:

Yeah AAE works for adding in your own custom covers, backgrounds, icons, banners & even works pulling covers from unity. As I have been recently making my own homebrew covers & using AAE to push them over. but I was just stating that AAE won't pull synopsis from xbox.com no more because of the xbox.com changes etc 

But glad you got the synopsis to work

On 7/21/2022 at 12:29 AM, jrobiche said:

I recently made a post in a another topic with my fix for this. Feel free to check it out:

Just tested your fixed version of AAE last night. Seems to pull the title synopsis from xbox.com on AAE v1.3.1. That I want. Appreciate it man. Even tho I know Aurora v0.7b.2 can pull everything from xbox.com. but knowing AAE can now pull synopsis is dope. Cheers 

Just need to change the AAE version to 1.3.2 or whatever so it's not confusing anyone because it now has been fixed. To pull from xbox.com

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KiwiMeoWii said:

Just tested your fixed version of AAE last night. Seems to pull the title synopsis from xbox.com on AAE v1.3.1. That I want. Appreciate it man. Even tho I know Aurora v0.7b.2 can pull everything from xbox.com. but knowing AAE can now pull synopsis is dope. Cheers 

Just need to change the AAE version to 1.3.2 or whatever so it's not confusing anyone because it now has been fixed. To pull from xbox.com

Awesome! Glad that it is working
Thanks for testing it out

• Like 1