RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
-icebox_z33

TCP and UDP Failing Test [Need Help]

Did you give your box a static IP, in your case you would want 192.168.0.117

(Your router should have an option to reserve an address by MAC)

With such a high number I'm going to assume you did, therefore I have no idea for your problem and solution sorry.

no idea about hosting, but back when link first came out I think I recall something about occasionally the tests will fail, even when setup properly. At times when JQE is in high use, you can expect them to fail. I.E. new fsd versions, everyone in the world is trying to dl updates and boxart at once. I did notice today there were over 140 cod players, when I usually see like 30.

I just find the IP, usually on FSD and port forward and change the rules when the IP changes, which it hasn't now for a couple months, only changes when i reboot my router.

I fail the UPNP test even though that is enabled but that doesn't affect me.

Have you fixed your problem yet?

dont set IP for xbox on xbox, set it through your router. Also might want to try different ports.

You mean I should set the Xbox 360's IP address using my router? Any suggestions on what ports should I use? Thanks

yes, set the ip in the router. I use ports 1001 and 1002

I tried setting the IP using the router under the DHCP settings. But still, no luck. I even tried turning on DMZ for my Xbox's IP address and Port Forwarding but the problem remains. Something's going on here :/I badly want to get this problem solved because I want to play with my cousin over LiNK but the problem is we both fail the TCP and UDP test so we can't see each other.

Why did you manually set IP for Xbox? let it do it auto.

If you like, i can teamviewer you or something, i have fixed this with someone else before.

So that I do not have to check its IP address everytime I want to go to F3's web server. What's teamviewer?EDIT:So teamviewer is a software that lets you control stuffs on my computer remotely. Correct? Can you please just give me the instructions and I'll try to do it on my own?

So that I do not have to check its IP address everytime I want to go to F3's web server. What's teamviewer?EDIT:So teamviewer is a software that lets you control stuffs on my computer remotely. Correct? Can you please just give me the instructions and I'll try to do it on my own?

Internal IP addresses don't change that often, damn.

Sorry but giving instructions to help you setup a router without actually seeing the router panel isn't easy.

Anyway, i wish you all the best, good luck!

you cannot have DMZ on and port forward at the same time. you need to set port forward for TCP and UDP to your xbox's ip

Do not give your xbox an alternate mac address...that has nothing to do with it.

What I have to do with some routers is port forward twice...example:

1000 - 1001 for TCP and 1000 - 1001 for UDP & set IP as your xbox's ip

Some routers that works okay...but others you have to set it as follows

1000 - 1000 for TCP and 1000 - 1001 for UDP & set IP as your xbox's ip

make another one

1001 - 1001 for TCP and 1001 - 1001 for UDP & set IP as your xbox's ip

It all depends on your router. 

(Note that you can limit control for teamviewer and turn it off so they cannot connect again...he was just trying to offer help...)

send a screen shot of your port forwarding settings so we can help further