RealModScene
apaziguador

Low speed downloading TU's from Freestyle 3

Hi there!

I own an RGH Jasper Fat xbox 360, and always I try to download TU's, I can't reach speeds higher than 50KBps... most of the time, the download are between 15kBps and 30kBps.

The curious is that two friend connected their RGH Jasper and Falcon Fat Xbox's at my network and they where able to reach higher speeds like 200 to 400 KBps to download the same TU's for the same game titles (CoD Black OPs II).

Can anyone explain what may be the problem with my console?

Additional details:

. There are no specific rules on my network to my xbox console, except ports opened for LINK to work, and my console being on the DMZ (the other two where not, but I tried to change IP address from my console and noticed no changes on the download speeds).

. All mentioned consoles are at the same versions (Dashlaunch 3.07, Kernel 2.0.16203, F3 Dash Version 3.0b Rev735).

. All mentioned consoles were connect by ethernet cables (means it's not a wireless issue).

. Checked setup on Dashlaunch and seems to be exactly the same on each console.

. Made the transfer tests at the same time.

. Transfer from other files like covers are much faster than the TU's (on my own console), so the problem seems to be related to TU's specifically.

I hope someone can help me figure out what may be the problem and how to fix it, since it's such a pain everytime I need to download TU's directly from F3 with this performance...

Thanks in advance to everyone who can give a shot trying to solve this mistery! ;)

Best regards,

Apaziguador.

I think the speed it shows doesn't match with real speed. A few hours ago, i was downloading covers and some TU's, and when downloading TU's it shows the speeds you say. But I rebooted the XBOX and the TU's had been downloaded (not all, just some of them)

Hope I've helped you ;)

I think the speed it shows doesn't match with real speed. A few hours ago, i was downloading covers and some TU's, and when downloading TU's it shows the speeds you say. But I rebooted the XBOX and the TU's had been downloaded (not all, just some of them)

Hope I've helped you ;)

Thanks for the answer, but I don't think it's the case... I left my console downloading again all TU's for the mentioned game and went see some movies.

Two movies later, returned to the console... it was off (the system self turned off once it was not being used for a while). Turned on the console again, and now, just checking there is no TU downloaded... I think it partially downloaded something because once I pressed Y to download TUs, there are only 4 itens downloading, but again, speeds are only going from 15kBps to 30kBps.

Weird huh?

I can't imagine what is going on with this console... but will keep looking for an answer. 

Best regards,

Apaziguador.

Okay, after a few more tests, it's still a no go...

Tried to remove only TU's 6 and 8, asked for F3 to download them again, but only TU 6 was downloaded... and yet with same download speeds... some times before I was able to download TU 8 , and it was even appearing twice on my Title Update Manager (but wasn't getting activated when starting the game so that's why I'm trying to download it again)...

I'm wondering, are there several sources for these TU downloads Or does every console with F3 downloads the same files from same sources?

I think it may be only one source, but files to download are selected by console region... does it makes sense?

If that's the case, what tells the system what files to download? I think there are region settings on dashlaunch... I never messed with these before, but maybe this is the way to find different results on download speeds for the TUs... or not?

Anyway, I'm still looking for an answer... anyone with good will to help out is pretty welcome and will receive my advances thanks! ;)

Best regards,

Apaziguador.

Just to mention, I always try different ways to do the removal and replacement of TUs, including some instructions found in the forum such as, deleting all files from CACHE, deleting TUs from Title Update manager, booting the console, asking F3 to downloadém all again etc... 

Best regards,

Apaziguador.

You can use Gadabama. Let F3 manage your TU. Don't save your TU in your cache folder nor in your Content folder.You can download the latest TU for all games with one click. And you can delete obsolete TUs with one click as well. Can't get any easier than that.Gesendet von meinem GT-I9100 mit Tapatalk 2