RealModScene
sergiodg95

An absurd question

Hi, I have a problem:

When I push the "Home" button on my xbox controller, it doesn't show "Freestyle home", "File browser", the temperatures... And I'd like my xbox to do that.

What can I do? I use the latest FSD3 until Now, that I see that a new one has been released.

I've read something about a plugin, but now I don't find it, in addition I don't know how to apply the plugin...

• Are you using the default skin ? Yes
  • Are you using the most recent kernel and dashlaunch ? Yes, the latest until the new release
  • Did you cold boot (power console completely off and then back on again) ? I keep it "unplugged to the wall" when I'm not using it, so yes
  • Have you tried deleting the plugin, cold booting, then re downloading the plugin update and cold booting again ? No, I haven't installed any plugin. Just FSD and Dashlaunch
  • Have you checked settings to make sure LiNK is enabled ? No, I think it doesn't appear on my settings screen
  • have you tried re linking your console with your JQE360 account ? I don't connect the XBOX to internet, so I think it's not linked (I connected my console in order to download covers and screenshots)
  • Have you installed the missing avatar/kinect data ($SystemUpdate) ? The one what solved the "grey avatar"? Yes
  • Have you checked your dashlaunch settings (pingpatch on, devlink off) ? Yes, I've only changed the paths to autoboot NXE, FSD...
  • Are you running the latest TU ? No, my problem isn't related to games, i think
  • Are you running any other plugins? If so disable them (dashlaunch plugins like xbdm.xex) I think not. I just installed FSD3 and dashlaunch
  • Is there a space in your jqe360.com username or in your gamer tag ? If so remove it. I don't have my xbox connected, i think even I have never registered in jqe360

I think it's enough.

However, right now I'm downloading latest FSD and dashlaunch 3.07, If my problem solves, I will tell you

Thanks in advantage

Sergio

In addition, as I'm upgrading my FSD, I think I will lose all my "configuration" as "menu tabs are blue" for example... So can I upgrade it without losing my configuration?

Thanks!

just copy new files over old F3 files and you should be good, all your settings should be saved.

I've just upgraded and it still doesn't showing the things I tell you when I press "miniblade" button...

About overwriting FSD files when upgrading... I've lost my configuration hehehe It's not important, but it takes 10-15min to keep it as always hehe

So, what could I do to get my "miniblade" menu as the one you show in the new FSD video?

Thanks!

I have "Nohud=False". I created this launch.ini from Dashlaunch 3.07, not writing it in my computer, so I think it will be ok... I've never had problems with launch.ini...

It's not important, but it's very useful to access file explorer, FSD menu... from "the miniblade"

I don't think that, but, can it be because my NXE isn't upgraded? I mean, maybe I have dash 14699 (for example... it's not 14699 but neither the latest)

I think I've made you misunderstand me hehe

I have the latest F3, I've upgraded it just today, but I don't have the latest official microsoft upgrade ($$ystemupdate). I think not, but maybe this can be the reason why I don't have the new HUD :S

It's possible.

Your console should always be running on the latest JTAG/glitch kernel anyway.

I suggest you update it to 16203.

• Like 1

Ok, I will download and check it tomorrow. Then I'll tell you.

Thanks! :)

What do you refer at when you say "the latest JTAG/glitch kernel"? Is that the dashlaunch or FSD? Or the official microsoft "$systemupdate"? These three "things" are the three only I've changed in my Xbox...

Ok, I will download and check it tomorrow. Then I'll tell you.

Thanks!  :)

What do you refer at when you say "the latest JTAG/glitch kernel"? Is that the dashlaunch or FSD? Or the official microsoft "$systemupdate"? These three "things" are the three only I've changed in my Xbox...

I've tried to upgrade it (I downloaded official 16203, and put the folder in the root of a Fat32 pendrive. I've tried with name "$systemupdate" and "$$ystemupdate") but It detect the upgrade available, start extracting, upgrading... and near 80% it says that has been an error and connect to xbox/support and a code... 

So how can I upgrade? I would try burning a CD, but if it doesn't work it will be a waste of time and of a CD...

Thanks for your help  :)

I think you are getting confused between a system update and a hacked image.

When you update your JTAG/RGH, you build a new image using modified dashboard files (this is what XeBuild, J-Runner and XeBuild GUI use).

• Like 1

Thanks to BL4K3Y's help my problem is now solved! :) Thanks again friend :)

No problem, I'm happy to help :).

Yeah i thought this but then i seen all you do is make an image with XeBuild.

Currently running 16202, was on 15XXX before.