RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
DeadlyD

F3 v735 - 445+ XBLA Games = Crash :P

So I got bored set backup my rgh and decided I have a new 150mbit fiber line why not grab one of these XBLA collections off usenet.

So upon doing just that and loading everything onto my HDD FSD now crashes while browsing through the collection of games, at first it was a hard crash where the whole 360 would lock up next it was an actual exception catch which said that FSD had crashed.

Info on system running,

16203, DL 3.07, F3 v735

Haven't had problems till now I'll post up the debug log if you guys wanna take a look,

but try for your self toss that collection of 200gb games on a drive and try browsing through them in FSD :p,

seems to me like the memory graphic or system isn't being managed properly

I.E. You guys load all the covers at once instead of when they're needed so they're avaliable on real time may not be the best solution for larger collections.

You shouldnt talk about piracy on here. But to answer your question its probably a curropt game crashing it.

You shouldnt talk about piracy on here. But to answer your question its probably a curropt game crashing it.

I downloaded game demos/trials, which are readily avaliable with a valid xbox live connection just because I grabbed them via any other means does not mean they were pirated or that I am discussing piracy.

Also, It's not a corrupt ( yes it's spelled corrupt sound it out with me now co-rru-pt, not curr-opt) game I've made sure of that if you would mind waiting for an actual dev to respond before giving your theories of what it could be that'd be great ;),

assuming the appropriate checks are already being done a corrupt game or container wouldn't cause such an issue as it would compare the header to the actual file content to ensure it is infact valid...

My guess and or theory to the matter is the fact that so many cover photos are being loaded when the 360 has a limited amount of graphic ram what should be done is the covers should be loaded in seperate batches instead of being loaded all at once ( as the page of games is being accessed load out of the batch and display it instead of loading EVERYTHING into graphic ram, this should greatly increase the speed of FSD as well less overhead on the system means less lag ).

I haven't debugged this any further but I plan to and I'll look through to see if DashLaunch is able to catch the crash and debug it further not running on a dev kernel currently or else I'd narrow it down to a specific function and actually tell you where the issue is occuring exactly via kdnet or such ( it's been awhile since I've screwed with the 360 ).

If it is any thing of the sort of it being a corrupt container then common guys I thought you were better then that bounderies checking and all not assuming just because the header states the file is x length means that y length is the real length of the file and you need to attempt to read via x being the header definition,

Simple as if(FileVariable.LengthProprety = HeaderValue.Length) { read }... although I guess you don't even read the entire file but rather sections of it

None the less you still shouldn't attempt to open/use something before you properly determine whether or not it's going to crash from a invalid pointer.

Hey Deadly,

As far as i remember (and i didnt have time to actually check it), its probably indeed just running out of memory because of a large library (and thus loading a lot of covers). we have heard this issue before, but none of us have that many titles on our xboxes.

445 xbla and all demos ? O_o sorry hard to believe realy.

i had once same problem.

i fixed it by deleting game who was causing all this.

if u remember list of last(newest) games u transfered to hdd try deleting it, them, and add 1 by 1 to see wich one causing u this.

else do this each 10-20 games lol for whole 445. patience is a virtue  :turned:

If you change the view to something other than coverview, the crash should not occur (if it's the 'too many titles' problem). If it does, then it's another issue.

Why would you have 445 games lol? It's not like you're gonna play them all.

• Like 1

No need to be rude. I was just trying to help. This is the last rude comment im dealing with. Im out of this scene.

• Like 3

If you change the view to something other than coverview, the crash should not occur (if it's the 'too many titles' problem). If it does, then it's another issue.

NXE style, no crash looks like my assumption of it crashing due to graphic based ram was correct.

Now tell who ever coded that portion to fix it not to load everything all at once common these practices should always be taken into consideration when programming anything.

Like I said less overhead = less lag, which means faster FSD :p.

If you change the view to something other than coverview, the crash should not occur (if it's the 'too many titles' problem). If it does, then it's another issue.NXE style, no crash looks like my assumption of it crashing due to graphic based ram was correct. Now tell who ever coded that portion to fix it not to load everything all at once common these practices should always be taken into consideration when programming anything. Like I said less overhead = less lag, which means faster FSD :p.

Since you know that much about programming maybe you should do it yourself. >_>
  • Like 1

445+ XBLA games?? Come on........ You can't be serious! :huh:

Anyway, you better start playing. Or you'll die before you can play them all. :D

Chill guys, DeadlyD is a friend of ours. He can be a dick sometimes but his intentions are good.

@DeadlyD stop being a dick you dick :p

Since you know that much about programming maybe you should do it yourself. >_>

If I had the source I would, but JQE told me I wasn't needed on team FSD ;) even though in the past before I disappeared for awhile my assistance was requested.

That and I really don't and didn't have the time to work on xbox stuff like now,

This is my first week break in a year of working, and spending time with my son/taking care of him recently.

Chill guys, DeadlyD is a friend of ours. He can be a dick sometimes but his intentions are good.

@DeadlyD stop being a dick you dick

Can't stop being a dick when you're a dick now can you,

It'd be contrary to what you've just stated that I am a dick if I wasn't to act like one :p.

445+ XBLA games?? Come on........ You can't be serious! :huh:

Anyway, you better start playing. Or you'll die before you can play them all. :D

Meh, It's nice to have them all loaded so that you can browse through a selection of crap from over the years to see if there's anything you have interest in,

plus when you have ADD you get bored within the 1st 5mins of most games and want to play something else so it makes sense to have a larger collection of crap in order to solve the ADD you have and still be entertained.

Beyond that a lot of people who play the 360 I have setup have different inetersts such as my fiance, my son, my roommate or random ass friends/family who come over on the daily and just sit there and play crap because they're bored and I'm working...

It comes down to asking if it's really necessary to have an SNES rom collection or Sega Gensis rom collection,

You may just find a classic you've never played before and it turns out you actually liked it browsing through it all.

Oh an P.S.,

I'm not that much of a dick, this jbp210 brought it on himself..

If you're going to troll people or be a dick yourself expect it in return, don't get but hurt and call people rude/cry about it.

E.X.

Sell it and move on with your life. You obviously don't have any sense. Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Also:

445 xbla and all demos ? O_o sorry hard to believe realy.

i had once same problem.

i fixed it by deleting game who was causing all this.

if u remember list of last(newest) games u transfered to hdd try deleting it, them, and add 1 by 1 to see wich one causing u this.

else do this each 10-20 games lol for whole 445. patience is a virtue  :turned:

Technically they are demos before they're loaded into the 360 with a content patch applied ;).

Well then, my aplogies DeadlyD. I did not know if you are friendly since your writing style is kind of trolly :huh:

I'm recalling somebody did make something ?18¿ months ago, or so. Changed the way the art was loaded, alpha-numerically or maybe it was to load OSD first. Think the motivation was to remove their artwork lag, not to fix a crash issue. Can't remember who or what, pretty sure it was a plugin to add to ini. Sorry, I've got nothing to help with the googling. Nor do I even know if it was/is compatible with f3. Didn't really care personally, as majority of the arcade games can't catch my interest for 20 seconds, yet alone 5 minutes.

I can share with you I'm sitting at 320ish XBLA titles with no crashes, a few that take a year and a day to load the artwork initially, unless I refresh the one title to speed it up. 16**** Dash, 3.06 Launch, f3 v735

PS But trolling is the only reason I keep reading some threads. :)

Yeah, wouldn't want to talk about piracy on a mod site, where there is link real time top 5 display on the main page which regularly shows people playing games that have not been released yet, sometimes 3 weeks prior to release date.

Anyways, I too have about 470 xbla and over 500 actual games ... the only time it has ever crashed FSD was on the initial scan. It crashed about 3 or 4 times but continued okay. After that it has been fine ever since, never had a problem.

Once you login 100 times a day to answer peoples questions then you can question me. I Contribute to this site. I didnt jump in with 6 posts talking shit. Me getting tired of answering the same questions everday is not trolling. And the post you quoted me on was the guy that created several threads asking the same question. Im not here to fight and argue with people. So mr super dev that i never heard of you can do you and leave me out of your drama. Im sorry you didnt make the team FSD cut. Im out, this is my last time signing in. You can delete my account jpizzle i will not be login on again. Thank you team fsd for everything you brought to the scene. I will continue to donate. team FSD is the shit!!!

If I had the source I would, but JQE told me I wasn't needed on team FSD ;) even though in the past before I disappeared for awhile my assistance was requested.

That and I really don't and didn't have the time to work on xbox stuff like now,

This is my first week break in a year of working, and spending time with my son/taking care of him recently.

Can't stop being a dick when you're a dick now can you,

It'd be contrary to what you've just stated that I am a dick if I wasn't to act like one :p.

Meh, It's nice to have them all loaded so that you can browse through a selection of crap from over the years to see if there's anything you have interest in,

plus when you have ADD you get bored within the 1st 5mins of most games and want to play something else so it makes sense to have a larger collection of crap in order to solve the ADD you have and still be entertained.

Beyond that a lot of people who play the 360 I have setup have different inetersts such as my fiance, my son, my roommate or random ass friends/family who come over on the daily and just sit there and play crap because they're bored and I'm working...

It comes down to asking if it's really necessary to have an SNES rom collection or Sega Gensis rom collection,

You may just find a classic you've never played before and it turns out you actually liked it browsing through it all.

Oh an P.S.,

I'm not that much of a dick, this jbp210 brought it on himself..

If you're going to troll people or be a dick yourself expect it in return, don't get but hurt and call people rude/cry about it.

E.X.

Also:

Technically they are demos before they're loaded into the 360 with a content patch applied ;).

and now to you, your an idiot read the rules. You can legaly get games before they are released if you know the right people.

Yeah, wouldn't want to talk about piracy on a mod site, where there is link real time top 5 display on the main page which regularly shows people playing games that have not been released yet, sometimes 3 weeks prior to release date.

Anyways, I too have about 470 xbla and over 500 actual games ... the only time it has ever crashed FSD was on the initial scan. It crashed about 3 or 4 times but continued okay. After that it has been fine ever since, never had a problem.

@Frank Rizzo

I bet you're not using Coverflow View,right?

I have the same problem.No crashes/freezes with Banner View,for example.

It's only happening when using coverflow view.Seems like system is running out of ram with large databases and Coverflow view.

Would be really nice,if FSD team could make a fix/workaround for this problem.

@Frank RizzoI bet you're not using Coverflow View,right?I have the same problem.No crashes/freezes with Banner View,for example.It's only happening when using coverflow view.Seems like system is running out of ram with large databases and Coverflow view.Would be really nice,if FSD team could make a fix/workaround for this problem.

The work around is simple they just didn't check boundries properly and wanted to make sure everything was loaded at once,

However doing such also adds lag time to the startup and display of shit anyways... so they may as well just go down the route of only loading the images of the covers curently being displayed instead of all of them all at once.

From my experience using the dash so far the use of multithreading seems poor as well...

This is actually my first time using FSD considering every other time I was actually on jtag/rgh I prefered XEXMenu and the simplicity of it.

@jbp210,

No need to insult others or reply to their posts with rude comments even if they are asking the same question rather then responding with trolling posts or such why don't you lay it down for them saying something along the lines of, "This has already been posted, use the search button before posting and you'll find your solution".

As you said no need to be rude and no one asked you to respond to every post on the forum "trying to help people" ( To up your own post count and look cool ), either from what I'm aware of.