RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Anosserp

Editing/converting a skin

Just wondering if it is a lot of work to convert a skin into English? I found one I really like, rxe v2 link rev735,but it is in another language... French I think. If it is something easy, please point me in the right direction to do it.

To translate a skin you have 2 options that I know of:

1) Opening each xur file with xuitool and change/translate all texts
2) Using XUITT

RXE Style is from aurelien07. I've translated 2 skins (Looping/Sphinx) from french to english.
The FR-EN databases should be included in XUITT 2.1.5. Maybe he used the same expressions so that most of it will already be translated.

When I translate a skin to english I use the english expressions found in the official/default FSD skin.
That makes it easier for other translators if they take an english translated skin as base. Keep that in mind.

Thanks for you help!  It seems as though it only translates about 50% of the skin automatically...I guess I have to do the rest manually or could I be doing something wrong?

You could export the FR-EN databases (database + Skin specific: Looping & Sphinx) to excel through the Database Manager.

In some cases the authors correct some typos or use shorter words etc. This way you can look up what has been previously used and copy paste the english translation.

If you got that far then I'm pretty sure you did all correctly. I started translating METRO V3 for 735 and although I had a complete database of the previous versions there were like 50 records in english and some others with corrections like Bannieres -> Bannières etc. So there will always be some work to do.

Have fun.

I seem to have everything translated into English except for the tab descriptions. I cannot figure out how to translate these. Also, when I select the settings tab, I get no response from fsd. Everything else seems to work from what I can tell. Do you suppose this is just an issue with the skin itself? Do you care to dabble into this project with me?

Tabs descriptions are usually in skin or menusettings.xml. Should be step4 & 5. Make sure that the skinner did not use images. You can open the translated xur files with xuitool. If the skin freezes in a scene, copy the original xur file to your translated skin folder and test it again. It doesnt happen very often but sometimes it's the only way to figure out where and why it freezes. Use then Xuitool again to fix that file. If I can I'll take a look today.Gesendet von meinem GT-I9100 mit Tapatalk 2

Wanna know too.

how to put extra background into skin?can teach me?

Right now i can't use XUITT, some problems trying to install the requeriments and my win7x64. Using XZP-Tool and HxD Hexeditor.