RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
booyabeetz

No title update for Skyrim in Aurora

I just set up a new RGH system and have noticed that Skyrim does not have any title updates available through Aurora dashboard despite them being available on xbox unity.  I went ahead and manually installed the TU from xbox unity and have confirmed that it is working so my guess is that Aurora has a bug somewhere regarding this issue.  Is this the right place to report it?

Here are some additional details:

Aurora version: 0.7b.2

Skyrim Title ID: 425307E6

Skyrim Media ID: 34F5B6C3

May I ask how you managed to get the TU working? The file on xboxunity is named tu00000002_00000000 which although Aurora will recognise as a valid update, it will not activate when the game is started unless the file is manually renamed beforehand.

In my case I didn't have to rename anything manually.  This is what my setup looks like.  I try to keep everything on a thumb drive (hence Usb0):

Game Directory:  \Xbox360\System\Usb0\X360_GAMES\The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim

DLC Directory:  \Xbox360\System\Usb0\Content\0000000000000000\425307E6\00000002

Title Update:  \Xbox360\System\Usb0\Content\0000000000000000\425307E6\000B0000\tu00000002_00000000

Once the TU file was copied over I think I did a TU scan for Aurora to see it.  Then I made sure to enable it in the details screen of the game in Aurora.

I suspect that if you were keeping everything on a hard drive instead of a thumb stick then your paths would look something like the following:

\Xbox360\System\HDD.... 

On mine TUs don't work when under Hdd1:\Content\0000000000000000\<game ID>\000B0000\
Instead, they need to go under Hdd1:\Cache\
Which is of course an issue when you got TUs with matching file names e.g. tu00000002_00000000 is quite common.

Once I start a game then hit the Guide button on the controller, the bottom right corner will state TU:0 meaning Aurora has failed to apply the update.
Updates only get applied if either downloaded through Aurora from xboxunity, or in case of manual TUs if the files are named correctly. But there is no way to determine the correct name in some cases!
To give you another example, the TU for Gears of War 3 will not work if under \Content\, it needs to go under \Cache\. And even if it's under the \Cache\ folder, any file name other than TU_16L625B_000001C000000.00000000001GB means that Aurora will fail to apply it. Even a deviation of a single character makes a difference. It's crazy!

Seems to be a known issue (see here) but no support is available ☹️ Maybe if/when xboxunity goes down more people will start asking this question.

At any rate I didn't mean to hijack your post. Apologies.

On 6/6/2022 at 4:36 PM, Ramington said:

On mine TUs don't work when under Hdd1:\Content\0000000000000000\<game ID>\000B0000\
Instead, they need to go under Hdd1:\Cache\
Which is of course an issue when you got TUs with matching file names e.g. tu00000002_00000000 is quite common.

Once I start a game then hit the Guide button on the controller, the bottom right corner will state TU:0 meaning Aurora has failed to apply the update.
Updates only get applied if either downloaded through Aurora from xboxunity, or in case of manual TUs if the files are named correctly. But there is no way to determine the correct name in some cases!
To give you another example, the TU for Gears of War 3 will not work if under \Content\, it needs to go under \Cache\. And even if it's under the \Cache\ folder, any file name other than TU_16L625B_000001C000000.00000000001GB means that Aurora will fail to apply it. Even a deviation of a single character makes a difference. It's crazy!

Seems to be a known issue (see here) but no support is available ☹️ Maybe if/when xboxunity goes down more people will start asking this question.

At any rate I didn't mean to hijack your post. Apologies.

The title update goes by media id.. just because you have a game doesn't mean the tu you have is the correct one.. Aurora via unity will scan everything to make sure it matches.. your conclusion is also wrong about determining the correct name.. use 360 content manager on pc, it will tell you the correct name and install location, as it reads from within the container.. the default.xexp inside.

As for the filename being wrong, yes, because the xbox is looking for a specific filename.. so any deviation will result in error. 

There is no checksum verify if something wasn't transferred properly.. do not use wifi to download or ftp.. wired or thumbdrive is needed.. if the tu is corrupt it will show but not apply because it isnt correct.