RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
igor242

Review of Talismoon Mods Whisper fans for 360 phats

Posted Image

(note: This review was done using 100% fan speeds on both OEM and 3rd party fans)

So, like most people with a phat 360.  I have issues with noise off the fans.  To see what could be done about this, I ordered and installed a Whisper fan from Talismoon Mods which claimed to have increased air flow with less noise.

So taking a chance I bought and installed some Talismoon Mods Whisper fans for my 360.  

The install:
The fans were well made it seemed.  The plastic is strong and the fans didn't feel flimsy.  The basic shape of them was the same as the OEM fans with only a slight issue getting the top metal piece to snap into place over the plastic clips and stay there.  Overall it fit fine.

How they stand up:
Initially I was pleased.  The fans were slightly quieter, with almost all the  high-end whining noise gone.  However regarding thier promise of increased airflow, the fans did not perform as advertised.  I noticed a 5 Celsius degree increase on all sensors.  While not ideal, it seemed like a decent trade (slightly higher temps for slightly less noise)

However today, when i booted my 360 it became obvious quickly that the bearings were already shot.  Shot in less then 2 weeks of use.  While it may have been just my fans.  I am unwilling to throw another set inside because those bearings could go at a time when the 360 is under heavy load effectively killing my box.  I personally am unable to recommend these fans to anyone, if you use them, use them at your own risk.

• Like 1

I have a Talismoon in my slim and I haven't had any problems so far. Been using it for almost two months and it works very well, even the LED's work like a charm.

• Like 1

I have both slim and phat

Warning:

Phat whisper fan burnt the 3 pin at the back of the console and needed to do a 12v mod (waste of money) and very pis*ed off.

(latested around 2 months)

Still use the phat for online gaming but it sounds like a tank with 12v mod done .

Slim:

No problems at all very happy with it.

Can show pics of both consoles if you like.

The talismoon fans in the slim are a different product, and outside the scope of my review.

All in all you have wrote a great review of the product and did very well by warning other potential buyers. Good job!

• Like 1

All in all you have wrote a great review of the product and did very well by warning other potential buyers. Good job!

He put me off until I seen your post prayer :)

He put me off until I seen your post prayer :) Thanks :thumbup:
Well for some strange reason Im not "allowed" to use the private message system, whats up with that lol? Btw youre welcome, and I did try to reply to your pm but no luck :(