RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
snart

Easy networking question

Hello, everyone! Here's an easy one.

In NXE, I configured family settings to block Xbox Live access.

I'm running FSD2 with Dashlaunch (also with xbox live blocked).

In FSD, I have no network access in FSD unless I first go into NXE and do a network connection test to my PC. Once that works, I can go back into FSD and the network is available.

Is blocking Xbox Live acccess in NXE doing this? Am I doing too much by using doing this in family settings?

Thanks all - rock on!

-snart

Just enable liveblock in DashLaunch (liveblock = true), but keep livestrong disabled which will still allow FSD to grab cover art and backgrounds.

Just enable liveblock in DashLaunch (liveblock = true), but keep livestrong disabled which will still allow FSD to grab cover art and backgrounds.

Thanks, BL4K3Y- that's how I'm set up today. I just can't use the network until I go back into the Microsoft dash and do a network test first. Do you think it's because I disabled Xbox live access in family settings?

Thanks!

You don't need to enable/disable XBL access (a JTAG/RGH system shouldn't "talk" to M$ servers anyway).

I suggest you make sure the console has been assigned a valid IP address and once valid IP settings have been set, FSD should automatically have internet access.

You don't need to enable/disable XBL access (a JTAG/RGH system shouldn't "talk" to M$ servers anyway).

I suggest you make sure the console has been assigned a valid IP address and once valid IP settings have been set, FSD should automatically have internet access.

Thanks. That was my concern. I didn't want my JTAG to accidentally communicate with the xbox live servers, and I wasn't sure if I could trust dashlaunch to block the connection attempt.

Mine are - I was more concerned about have the box banned unnecessarily through an accidental connection. (I move my profile back and forth between my JTAG and online box.)

Quick update - disabled family settings. Same problem. Google turned up similar problems to mine. I manually entered my DNS servers, and that seems to have done the trick. Weird.