RealModScene
ONE800BEATDOWN

Clone HDD

I have searched for an answer and I have had no luck finding one so maybe someone here can help me. My Falcon JTAG has a WD 250gb internal hard drive that I want to upgrade to a Toshiba 1tb drive. Now instead of building the drive/partitions and then slowly transferring everything over, is there a way to clone the drive and restore the image on the new drive? I have done it before with on my PC using Acronis True Image, but I am concerned that it may wipe my drive since the XBOX uses a different file system (FATX if i am correct)

Any help would be appreciated.

There was an app that had that feature built in, I think it was called total commander. Not sure if it worked or not though because I never needed it.

There was an app that had that feature built in, I think it was called total commander. Not sure if it worked or not though because I never needed it.

I'm sure Party Buffalo Drive Explorer has an option to create an image from a FATX device.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

So I tried both programs over the weekend and neither one seem to work. Instead I am trying something different. I decided to copy everything over to my PC via Samba. Tonight I am going to install the new 1tb hard drive and then transfer everything back to the XBOX via Samba. I'll update tomorrow with a better explanation incase anyone wants to do it in the future.

• Like 1

Hi mate,

Just wondering.... How long did it take to copy everything over via Samba? It's taken me about 8hrs to restore 23% using Party buffalo (120GB > 500GB).

I'm thinking of cancelling it and just having one HDD in the xbox, and another connected via SATA>USB and just copying bits across from within freestyle.

So I tried both programs over the weekend and neither one seem to work. Instead I am trying something different. I decided to copy everything over to my PC via Samba. Tonight I am going to install the new 1tb hard drive and then transfer everything back to the XBOX via Samba. I'll update tomorrow with a better explanation incase anyone wants to do it in the future.