RealModScene
djohng

GameData Limit 4096

I understand there is a limit per folder of 4096 items; this impacts the GameData folder if you have more than 4096 items on internal/external hard drives.  Aurora tries to download assets, and seems to be successful, but does not show them.

I've searched the forums for a work around; ie adding a "GameData2" folder.  This will be an issue if you have a 16TB external drive or multiple 2TB external drives.

Any thoughts/ideas?

• Like 1

My only thought about getting around this is to run one installation of Aurora that has four (or more) dummy games, one for each category, that point to other installs of the Aurora dashboard.  Each installation you make will only scan a single folder (One folder for XBLA, one for Games, one for homebrew, etc) and therefore separate your game library between installations. Then simply launch the corresponding dummy for XBLA, GAMES, HOMEBREW, OGXBOX, etc.  That way when you launch whichever category you've picked it will only list the games for that category and help you stay below the current limit.

I know that's not quiet the workaround that you're going for, but it might be the best that can be managed at the moment.

Thank you - that's what I was thinking also.  It would cut down on the initial load times for Aurora since there would not so many titles all at once.   Now, I have to set it up...the real work begins :)

• Like 1

I think that will be the only way unless they patch aurora.  The good news is that according to the FatXplorer write up by Eatonworks if you patch your nand with the new large hard drive patch that load times will be significantly shorter.

On 5/4/2022 at 9:53 PM, djohng said:

Thank you - that's what I was thinking also.  It would cut down on the initial load times for Aurora since there would not so many titles all at once.   Now, I have to set it up...the real work begins :)

dont over complicate things.. you can easily split up your games folder into something like "A-L" "K-P" "R-Z"

each folder has a limit inside them, yes.. but if you split those folders, you bypass this limitation..

On 5/7/2022 at 9:08 PM, moses_373 said:

I think that will be the only way unless they patch aurora.  The good news is that according to the FatXplorer write up by Eatonworks if you patch your nand with the new large hard drive patch that load times will be significantly shorter.

it is a kernel limitation.. nothing to do with aurora..

• Like 1

On 5/14/2022 at 2:39 PM, felida said:

dont over complicate things.. you can easily split up your games folder into something like "A-L" "K-P" "R-Z"

each folder has a limit inside them, yes.. but if you split those folders, you bypass this limitation..

it is a kernel limitation.. nothing to do with aurora..

It wasn't the folder limit that stopped me, it was that around 2000 titles and aurora just stopped displaying new games. Could be a problem on my end though, I am profoundly unknowledgeable.

Quick update - I am following the initial idea with creating instances of Aurora for each main category.  MAIN MENU - then OG XBOX, Xbox 360 Games, XBILG, XBLA, Prototypes, OXM Magazines Disks, Demos Homebrew, Emulators etc.  

It's working GREAT, and really quick on loading. For each Aurora "Submenu" I am changing the asset files, boot screen and background graphics so it doesn't "look" like Aurora.  Fairly easy, just taking time to find good graphics. 

When I put all the content in one instance of aurora, the coverart data folder would limit at 4096 due to the folder limitations and initial boot took a long time!  This method/idea fixes those issues.  Eventually I'll post pics, instructions and the files so others can benefit.

• Like 2