RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Pandor

How do TU.s work in aurora?

I've read the thread at Title Updates Location - Page 3 - Aurora support - RealModScene, but still i can't make head or tails on how aurora processes TU files...

I'm on Aurora 0.7b21 (0.7br1655). I was having weird issues with TU files being all over the place, and lots of duplicates and unfinished (***dl) files in the Aurora TitleUpdates backup folder (and having 2 folders there). so I downloaded all TU files from my xbox360 hdd to my PC, sorted them using '360 content manager, and reuploaded them the their original location (/cache and Content/0000000000000000).

I deleted the Aurora TU backup folder (/Hdd1/Aurora/Data/TitleUpdates/*****)  and TU cache (/Hdd1/Aurora/Data/TitleUpdates/Cache), ran a TU scan from within Aurora and rebooted the xbox. out of 67 uploaded TU files, aurora backed up 5 to its backup folder. from reading the mentioned thread, it should backup all TU files from the standard locations?

As a test I booted up GTA V, which had TU27 and TU19 in its Content/0000000000000000 and aurora deleted both of them, with no backup...

So what gives? how can I cleanly rebuild the Aurora TU backup from already installed TU files in their default location, without losing all my Title Updates?

I've just tested Left for dead 2. I had Title Update 6 in /Hdd1/Content/0000000000000000/454108D4/000B0000. made sure it was enabled in Aurora.
Booted up the game, Aurora processed the TU. Closed the game, and the TU was deleted from /Hdd1/Content/0000000000000000/454108D4/000B0000, nowhere to be found. No backup, no nothing. just straight deleted.

I'm afraid to loose any more TU files now.

neverminded. I just started all over again with a clean install of Aurora, and everything is working as expected. suits me for thinking that just updating (after all those years) would work... Case closed.