RealModScene
JQE

F3 - Freestyle 3

Freestyle 3 r58 is much improved over it's predecessor. In 2x checking "disable startup scan" didn't actually disable it. Hooray for whomever fixed the db entries/caching issue. I'm running dash 16197 (updated yesterday) JTAG/Falcon (v3) with Freestyle 3 r58/dashlaunch 3.03. I've noticed that removing any game paths, is pretty much impossible. Gets stuck removing the game entries. I've waited over an hour, nothing happens. Only way I've managed to get the database to clear, is to reinstall Freestyle 3. I've also noticed that for some reason adding identical paths on HDD1/content/000080000/ USB0/content/0008000 (apologies for not reproducing exact folder names) for example, causes the initial scan to crash FSD 3, if I add one at a time, the initial scan completes but after grabbing covers/screenies game entries seem to "hang" or show incomplete. I have roughly 400 XBLA titles, and I can't manage to get more than 125 to show in freestyle 3 rev 58. I don't mean to complain, very impressed with the work so far, and I'm sure these issues will be worked out in the near future. I've been in the tech field for 20 years now, and have been in the mod community for about a decade. Willing to upload any crash dumps or logs needed for anyone who could use them. I've disabled the freeze options in dashlaunch (as they aren't very JTAG friendly as 3.03 dashlaunch indicates) and haven't had any luck. Also, when switching the case view from default, to side view (of the box art) in games list, FS3 r58 also crashes. I have a pretty ginourmous library, and having to wait 3-4 minutes sometimes in the old version for the initial scan to complete was a total drag, so I'm pretty happy that at least what does show (in games list), is cached and showing lightning quick - would be better if the library was complete though. I've treid switching from "automatic" to "xbox 360 , or xbla" in the folder add options, and I have noticed it's a lot more stable when not using automatic. overall, huge improvement with a few minor bugs so far.

Freestyle 3 r58 is much improved over it's predecessor. In 2x checking "disable startup scan" didn't actually disable it. Hooray for whomever fixed the db entries/caching issue. I'm running dash 16197 (updated yesterday) JTAG/Falcon (v3) with Freestyle 3 r58/dashlaunch 3.03. I've noticed that removing any game paths, is pretty much impossible. Gets stuck removing the game entries. I've waited over an hour, nothing happens. Only way I've managed to get the database to clear, is to reinstall Freestyle 3. I've also noticed that for some reason adding identical paths on HDD1/content/000080000/ USB0/content/0008000 (apologies for not reproducing exact folder names) for example, causes the initial scan to crash FSD 3, if I add one at a time, the initial scan completes but after grabbing covers/screenies game entries seem to "hang" or show incomplete. I have roughly 400 XBLA titles, and I can't manage to get more than 125 to show in freestyle 3 rev 58. I don't mean to complain, very impressed with the work so far, and I'm sure these issues will be worked out in the near future. I've been in the tech field for 20 years now, and have been in the mod community for about a decade. Willing to upload any crash dumps or logs needed for anyone who could use them. I've disabled the freeze options in dashlaunch (as they aren't very JTAG friendly as 3.03 dashlaunch indicates) and haven't had any luck. Also, when switching the case view from default, to side view (of the box art) in games list, FS3 r58 also crashes. I have a pretty ginourmous library, and having to wait 3-4 minutes sometimes in the old version for the initial scan to complete was a total drag, so I'm pretty happy that at least what does show (in games list), is cached and showing lightning quick - would be better if the library was complete though. I've treid switching from "automatic" to "xbox 360 , or xbla" in the folder add options, and I have noticed it's a lot more stable when not using automatic. overall, huge improvement with a few minor bugs so far.

You gave me some ideas to fix my problem too.. I noticed that when I setup only the one of my two usb drives (410 games database) everything works fine without crashes and freezes. Problems start when I setup the second drive also and download the covers.. I will rename the folders names (now they are both "Games") as you suggest so they will not have the same name (usb0:/Games0, usb1:/Games1) and see what happens. I will also switch from "automatic" to "xbox 360" in the folder add options. Also I am not sure if I set the cover resolution to low helps because I faced the same problem with low resolution... Any other suggestions ?

Well, today my balls were big enough to give it a go....

popped in the .iso dvd and followed the menu, wait...............was that all? Really? ;-)

Posted Image

You gave me some ideas to fix my problem too.. I noticed that when I setup only the one of my two usb drives (410 games database) everything works fine without crashes and freezes. Problems start when I setup the second drive also and download the covers.. I will rename the folders names (now they are both "Games") as you suggest so they will not have the same name (usb0:/Games0, usb1:/Games1) and see what happens. I will also switch from "automatic" to "xbox 360" in the folder add options. Also I am not sure if I set the cover resolution to low helps because I faced the same problem with low resolution... Any other suggestions ?

It didnt work... The problem remains.. Crashes and freezes after the download of covers of the second drive..Can anyone give some help ?

I started with my 360 game db. Set it to 360 instead of auto. I also enabled the custom covers (which did give me back some of my missing titles), and setup the appropriate account with the custom cover site. Once my 360 game path was completed, I backed it up, and continued adding each path independently. The XBLA games, I've pretty much given up on having them populate in F3. I'll use FXE for them, as it seems they just don't show in their entirety. I did have more success with games1 games2 games 3. I also did some rearranging and discovered that the slowness occurs around the 205 tile mark. Up until then, all the covers load instantly. Around 206-215 is when I noticed some cover shadow slow down. I'd suggest starting with a fresh F3, and ensure you have your custom cover account created, and have low res, drop the screenshots to minimum. I would change these settings, and restart before adding in the first path. It seems after the database/index has already been populated with a cover, it won't remove that high res image in exchange for a low res image - so having it set appropriately before starting also seems to matter. I'm also running FS3r58, which does seem a bit more stable than F3 (which crashed on me incessantly, even trying to add a path, and usually during the initial scan). I have also discovered, that for HD textures or any installable content - the new 16179 update allows for formatting USB disks up to 32GB in size. Simply plop it in the xbox (I have a retail I use for this - corona 4g) and drop to NXE, settings>storgage - format the USB. Take the freshly formatted memory unit (the xbox format will populate the disks with all the required folders to operate as a memory unit) and plop it in your computer, the disk will show empty. Grab a copy of Horizon (free will do), and load up horizon. You can now "inject" HD content and addons with horizon to the USB. Take the USB and plop it in your JTAG/RGH and drop to nxe, go back into storage>settings>memory unit (the usb will show as a memory unit now) and you'll see your HD graphics pack (or whatever it is you're trying to copy over), and although you cannot "copy" it to internal disk, you can "move" it. It's important (I think) to be on 16179 so as not to cause yourself any grief. MS finally lightening up in the thumb disc department just made a huge difference for everyone. Not having to purchase memory units/hard disks for arcades, is a nice touch. Allowing me to move my purchased add ons/map packs/hd content from my retail to jtag system, is somewhat of a surprise, but a nice one that I'll accept. :)

Have you thought of foregoing the USB disk locally on the xbox (since you're having issues anyway), and using connect x plug in? that way you can share them out from pc, and access via freestyle.

If you're using 2 identical Seagate external expansion units or goflex devices, there is a known issue with 2 attached to anything at once, the issue is that the transfer speeds fall to ridiculously low speeds (I' m not able to copy stuff directly between the 2 of mine, or I suffer from transfers of around 900b a sec, yes you read that right). So you could be suffering from a drive issue, and not a FS3 issue at all. I would check the drive manufacturers site. Seagate has a tool you can run on the disks to remove the sleep functions, etc. Your issue could be drive 1 going to sleep when disk 2 is being scanned, or vice versa (hard to say, just pitching darts here). The reason I suggested connect x plug in, is that will tell you if it's a hardware issue with the 2 disks being attached, or if it's a FSD issue. Once you have any data in the index/db, changing resolution or custom covers won't have any effect, that needs to be done before that folders initial scan.

I love Freestyle 3 and its layout, but I do have one problem with the http. Off and on when I add artwork and backgrounds to my games it sets them to hide. I keep unhiding them and saving the page but it goes right back to hide game. Anyone got a fix for this? I found that renaming some folders work and just rescan, but would like to just figure out how to keep the artwork etc that I added. Usually on some games that don't auto download artwork. Thanks for any replies!!!

Same issue here.

Hey Everyone,

3 very small things I notcied... One is bugging me more than the other...

Zuma and Zuma Revenge show the same cover in the Cover Flow view. If you go "Refresh Artwork" you see the Zuma Revene cover temporarily and then it goes back to Zuma... In the Classic NXE and FSD Flow view modes the cover show corrcetly.

My "guess" is that the Zuma cover is being downloaded with Zuma Revenge and going over the top of teh Revenge cover in the new Cover Flow view.

Both games are in tehir own separate and correct drcetory so to speak

Any ideas on how to fix?

Nxe2God and XeXMenu show the same cover for me... However they are in teh same dircetory on the HDD1... Content000000000000000CODE99900080000. I assume this is why?

Is there any way to fix this so both different covers can be seen?

3. In the FSD Flow view the game names do no appear in teh space provided in the top left just above the game covers like they use to in teh oldFreestyle dash version

- Any ideas on this one please?

Thanks in adavnce

Hello! I like freestyle very much it is awesome but i have a problem! F3 downloads covers etc.. for a few seconds then just stops and doesn't start again any ideas as to why this is happening?

• Like 1

Please create an option to disable the Kinect control in FSD.

I'm wating for the new app (LINK) too!

Good job. Very BIG Thanx.

TeamFSD rulez!

I love it! Great skin customization options!

One thing I couldn't do that I see in the video... How can I see the weather? I set up my city and I get the weather, but couldn't get the widget to pop up.

Thx!

Hi guys great job! But I did encountered some issues: mine is a RGH2 slim ver with 4G flash and I've installed dash launch 3.3 then f3. All was good but when it comes to scanning the games I get the same title shown up twice - my guess is cos games on the external USB drive was copied from a Mac and it has stupid meta files for each .xex file, for instance, a default.xex will have a ._default.xex. But I'm not sure if this is the case.

Also, when i tried to run the game, each and everyone gives me unable to run, pls redownload error, but i can run them perfectly from xexmenu, is this normal?

Thanks again and hope you can help with this.

OK. I think there is a bug in cover artwork in large databases. I have tested everything.Clean install F3, low resolution covers etc All cover artwork download in my 765 game database (2 USB drives at the same time) but when I scroll the game list forward from A to Z when it reaches letter "M" front covers from M to Z are empty and F3 crashes... I restart F3 and do the oposite thing. I scroll the game list backwards from Z to A and when it reaches letter "G" covers from G to A are empty (they showed before..) and F3 crashes.... This does not happen if I add only the 1 of my 2 USB drives (350 games) but only if I add both of them... Any suggestion ???

So I have just installed this (since I had to upgrade my JTAG for H4 and don't like the way the new M$ dash displays games) and I have everything set up great, even descriptions and screenshots for my homebrew/emulators. But I have a couple of questions/suggestions:

1. How exactly are Title Updates handle, I can download them for each individual game, and they get saved in F3's title update folder but should they get copied to the Cache (or TitleID/0000B000) folder, when the game launches, or does launching it from F3 mean that doesn't need to happen and wont this cause issues if I launch the games from nxemini tabs (they are in GOD containers)? I have FTPed into my cache folder after launching games that have title updates downloaded in F3 and they dont show up there. Does anyone know of any way to check in a game (maybe ver. #) to see if title updates are loading correctly.

2. Unchecking the "show screenshots" option in settings just means that the 4 tab/page on the standard freestyle game view (not full 3d coverflow) still shows but now I just get to grey boxes that say missing screenshot. Is there anyway to change it so that this option means that entire 4th tab/page isn't there. I get a delay loading screenshots when scrolling and the missing screenshot box will flash up for a second, since I don't really use the feature it would be nice to have the option to never see them.

3. I second, or third, or whatever it is to be able to turn off kinect support (or at least gestures) to navigate, since with the kids running in front of the TV it can confuse things.

4. Again about Title Updates, I assume when the X is in green on the icon next to a particular update it means its set to active, what happens if I have 2 (or more set as active) does it just load the one with the higher revision number?

5. Another request, would it be able to have a batch option to at least download title updates for all games, rather than doing it through each games title management option (maybe even set the default location for it to be store, i.e. HDD or IntMem).

Anyway please keep up the great work, this is an excellent replacement dash.

When a TU is set to active it will copy it'self to the appropriate location on game launch, some games like rockband I believe require more then one active TU depending on the DLC you want to be available. In cases like this (Multiple active TU's) F3 will copy all active TU's to the appropriate location and the game will then sort out which it wants to load.

As for the batch script to download all TU's.... won't happen. That will put far to much strain on our server and for no reason at all. Most people have a very large library of games but only play a few of them.

hi

i'm new with this so i wonder if you can explain to me how to do this step by step. i have a xbox jatg/rgh with fsd2.2 and i wan to update it to fsd3. please help me .

When a TU is set to active it will copy it'self to the appropriate location on game launch, some games like rockband I believe require more then one active TU depending on the DLC you want to be available. In cases like this (Multiple active TU's) F3 will copy all active TU's to the appropriate location and the game will then sort out which it wants to load.

As for the batch script to download all TU's.... won't happen. That will put far to much strain on our server and for no reason at all. Most people have a very large library of games but only play a few of them.

OK, I assume that the tu file that f3 copies to the correct location (either cache or titleid/0000b000) and it remains there on exiting the game. So if I check the cache or titled/0000b000 folder it should still be present, or does f3 purge the cache folder on restart. I couldn't find any when I checked.

Makes sense on the batch downloading, tho I would think that the tu files would only need to be downloaded once.

Does updating from 2.2 to 3 delete title updates, I saw in my freestyle dash folder that there was a title update folder full of stuff, if it does delete it can ya jsut copy all of the data from 2.2 and paste it into 3's folder?

Installed this and I must say its superb. My only question is, I thought it would have fixed the issue with Black Ops 2. Im still having the same trouble. I can go through the menus etc but when I go to press a to start, I get the black screen, if I go to play zombies, the countdown gets to "0" then the game freezes. I could get the game to boot up on my old freestyle but had to unload the launcher for it to work. Any help and advice here, would be greatly appreciated (yet again). Thanks guys, you are all legends :wub:

Thanks JPizzle, will do it tomorrow. Im off to bed. I just download and install the latest version?? Seen it on the front page of this forum aswell lol. It was right in front of my eyes.