RealModScene
JQE

F3 - Freestyle 3

hi Guys.

and i was just wondering why my 360 didnt get yupdates anymore. Then i read the old forum died...

And then i see this incredible dash but........i have no idea how to installed this. Am i correct that i need to burn " F3Installer.iso" on an dvd and boot just from the dvd to get this great dash?

help is appreciated, thanks in advance!

hi Guys.

and i was just wondering why my 360 didnt get yupdates anymore. Then i read the old forum died...

And then i see this incredible dash but........i have no idea how to installed this. Am i correct that i need to burn " F3Installer.iso" on an dvd and boot just from the dvd to get this great dash?

help is appreciated, thanks in advance!

Yes, that is one of the ways it can be installed.

One little nagging problem remains. Whenever I am playing a game and depress the Guide button on the wireless controller to quickly exit the game I am presented with what appears to be the standard (non-F3) dashboard which has the following displayed:

Xbox Guide

Xbox Home

Join Xbox LIVE

Open tray

If I hit the Guide button again it reboots F3. I assume that something in the configuration (INI ?) file is wrong and I probably caused it. How do I fix it and how to I get to the launch.ini file to edit it assuming that's what I need to fix?

As always many thanks for the invaluable assistance,

outofwork

; when set to false, ejecting a dvd video or game returns you to your default item, set to true to auto exit to NXE

; if not present this is set to FALSE

dvdexitdash = false

launch.ini in root of hdd.

• Like 1

just updated to kernel 16197 on my jasper jtag all good.fsd3 still running smooth.the download latest dashlaunch option in fsd3 installer is wicked.

Hi there..I'm new to the board.. I've had a JTAG for a couple years now and just and had FSD 2.2 Rev 1072 with Kernel Version 2.0.9199.0 installed but lost the ability to update..I also can't get weather or anything.. so I recently noticed FSD 3 was available but cant install it.. system keeps saying "game could not start.. Please download the game again" I renamed both folders Freestyle Dash 2.0, and fsd2data on my root drive of my USB only because I was scared to delete them as they took me FOREVER to configure...the new Freestyle folder is on the root of my usb drive as well.. I tried installer disc and also flash fxp to send folder contents.. nothing works.. will deleting the folders and not renaming them solve the issue? does it have to do with my kernel version or something?

please help :(

first post pardon the noobness, I just ftp(d) fs3 on my 360 had/still have 2.2 on my ihdd, I went into dashlaunch and changed the default to the fs3 default.xex path however anytime I shutdown my console and boot back up it always goes back to 2.2. I didnt want to remove 2.2 until I knew I would launch into fs3 everytime. I have already set my file paths and everything is working well in fs3 I jsut want to make sure I boot to it at each launch.

Hi there..I'm new to the board.. I've had a JTAG for a couple years now and just and had FSD 2.2 Rev 1072 with Kernel Version 2.0.9199.0 installed but lost the ability to update..I also can't get weather or anything.. so I recently noticed FSD 3 was available but cant install it.. system keeps saying "game could not start.. Please download the game again" I renamed both folders Freestyle Dash 2.0, and fsd2data on my root drive of my USB only because I was scared to delete them as they took me FOREVER to configure...the new Freestyle folder is on the root of my usb drive as well.. I tried installer disc and also flash fxp to send folder contents.. nothing works.. will deleting the folders and not renaming them solve the issue? does it have to do with my kernel version or something?

please help :(

You haven't lost the ability to update unless you removed the resistor on the bottom of the board like a lot of terrible installers used to do. What you have lost is the ability to update automatically through Microsoft. You don't want to do that anyway as it would brick your console. You need to update your freeboot kernal by getting a copy of your nand and your cpu key. Using a program like Jrunner or autogg you can make a new Freeboot kernel which can then be flashed back to your Xbox. It'll update you to 15574 or whatever the latest dash is and allow you to play the later games designed to work on these kernels. If you have no idea what I'm talking about, feel free to PM me and I'd be happy to walk you through the process. It sounds a lot more intimidating than it actually is, especially if your new to updating your own machine.

• Like 1

first post pardon the noobness, I just ftp(d) fs3 on my 360 had/still have 2.2 on my ihdd, I went into dashlaunch and changed the default to the fs3 default.xex path however anytime I shutdown my console and boot back up it always goes back to 2.2. I didnt want to remove 2.2 until I knew I would launch into fs3 everytime. I have already set my file paths and everything is working well in fs3 I jsut want to make sure I boot to it at each launch.

be sure to save your ini after pointing it to F3

be sure to save your ini after pointing it to F3

Ok i think I did that, that is hitting rb and then selecting the ini file location correct?

Ok looks like I got that issue sorted out^ Thanks Jpizzle. Now I keep hearing about a multi disc plugin, where can one find that or is it a setting I can turn enable in dashlaunch?

Can't seem to change the ftp login/pass. Always resets to default on next boot. Anyone else have this problem, or does my Xbox hate me?

What does it mean it will erase the DB?

What will i loose if I install this over my FSD 2.2?

Also let me know if I understand, I should copy this folder in my xbox memory then edit the launch.ini pointing to this new folder?

Ok looks like I got that issue sorted out^ Thanks Jpizzle. Now I keep hearing about a multi disc plugin, where can one find that or is it a setting I can turn enable in dashlaunch?

The multidisc plugin is built into F3, no need to worry about installing it.

Also let me know if I understand, I should copy this folder in my xbox memory then edit the launch.ini pointing to this new folder?

You can edit your launch ini on your Xbox directly by simply launching dashlaunch, be sure to save when you are done! Also, when it erases your database it's talking about all of your game cover artwork. It'll redownload everything so no need to worry. You are going to have to tell F3 where your games are located in the settings though.

I love Freestyle 3 and its layout, but I do have one problem with the http. Off and on when I add artwork and backgrounds to my games it sets them to hide. I keep unhiding them and saving the page but it goes right back to hide game. Anyone got a fix for this? I found that renaming some folders work and just rescan, but would like to just figure out how to keep the artwork etc that I added. Usually on some games that don't auto download artwork. Thanks for any replies!!!

OK. The F3 is the best so far ! Great work ! I have a big problem though. First I tried it with 110 Kinect games I have in a USB 1TB drive. Everything worked perfect. The covers downloaded in all games and I have no problem using it. Then I decided to use it in my big main 720 games collection (2 2TB USB drives at the same time). First it scaned my "GAMES" folder on the 2 USB drives I set in "Manage game paths". Everything worked well so far. I could move on the games list without problems and play the games. Then it started to download all the covers. It took many hours (huge game library) and it downloaded everything. But then problems started. After 1-2 minutes I move the game list , everything freezes !!!! Or, it can freeze inside a menu. I installed F3 from the begining following the same procedure but its all the same. F3 freezes in my big game list setup after a while. This never happens in my "small" 110 Kinect games setup !!!! Please give me some help in order to find what causes this problem because I want so bad to replace FSD 1.20 and use F3 instead in my big 720 games collection...

OK. The F3 is the best so far ! Great work ! I have a big problem though. First I tried it with 110 Kinect games I have in a USB 1TB drive. Everything worked perfect. The covers downloaded in all games and I have no problem using it. Then I decided to use it in my big main 720 games collection (2 2TB USB drives at the same time). First it scaned my "GAMES" folder on the 2 USB drives I set in "Manage game paths". Everything worked well so far. I could move on the games list without problems and play the games. Then it started to download all the covers. It took many hours (huge game library) and it downloaded everything. But then problems started. After 1-2 minutes I move the game list , everything freezes !!!! Or, it can freeze inside a menu. I installed F3 from the begining following the same procedure but its all the same. F3 freezes in my big game list setup after a while. This never happens in my "small" 110 Kinect games setup !!!! Please give me some help in order to find what causes this problem because I want so bad to replace FSD 1.20 and use F3 instead in my big 720 games collection...

I'd try reinstalling F3 and then before setting my game paths I would set my cover resolution to low so that it didn't have so much info to sort through.

I'd try reinstalling F3 and then before setting my game paths I would set my cover resolution to low so that it didn't have so much info to sort through.

I'll give it a try. Is there big difference in cover artwork with low resolution compared to high ?

Unfortunately it didnt work. I first turned on only one of the two USB drives. 410 games scanned and F3 downloaded all the covers. Everything worked fine ! I could scroll over the games without problems.. But when I scanned the second USB drive and the game library increased to 715 games, problems started again. Many covers showed empty, F3 crashed and freezed ! Is there a limit in the cover database game library ? Or is there any bug when you have 2 USB discs at the same time ? The problem seem no to be the cover resolution...