RealModScene
JQE

F3 - Freestyle 3

Hello there, I just had my slim modded, RGH2, used FD3 installer and configure dashlaunch (I believe is 3.02), for a few hours all seemed to work well, I used ftp to transfert few games into content/000000000000000 and some in a folder called games.

Played 30 minutes all seemed to work properly.

Next day I used again ftp and the consolle started rebooting randomly, I then removed the hdd and removed the folder freestyle, I then reinstalled FD3 but after a few minutes started crashing again.

I then installed FD3 on a usb key with the same result.

If I start a game under NXE (the games that are under 000000000000000 show in my games) all seem to work without freezes or reboot

Glitcht time is about 6 to 20 seconds, Im wondering if my slim has some problem with FD3 or if it is an hardware problem.

Any help will be really appreciated

first update....it may be a defective HDD......

you need an emulator to play the roms and the only n64 emulator for 360 is libXenon based.

Oké, thanks for responding, but what does it mean, that it is libXenon based?

So far so good! Love the new flow and the loading times! Like it was boosted 3x faster than its predecessor especially on DOA5! Great job guys! Playing H4 now...

So far all FSD has done since installing it is crash, crash, crash, and crash some more. Once it even froze my 360 which shouldn't be possible, I have Dash Launch set to restart on any crashes. :/

Do you know a way to save or print a list of games from Freestyle Dash (FSD)? Or a software package to do so?

Open up the F3 HTTP and you can print from there

So far all FSD has done since installing it is crash, crash, crash, and crash some more. Once it even froze my 360 which shouldn't be possible, I have Dash Launch set to restart on any crashes. :/

well you must be doing something wrong because it is very stable for almost everyone.

Dashlaunch 3.03 : 16197 kernel, corona 4GB and new features added

The famous Xbox 360 developper cOz release today a new version of the 360 master application : Dashlaunch. This new version bring (of course)the support of the 16197 dashboard but as always some new features and bugfix (check the changelog). The new features are :

- Corona 4GB memory support

- autofake option, when enabled fakelive functionality is enabled during dash and indie games only (thanks BioHazard!)

- nohealth option, disables kinect health pseudo video at game launch

- nooobe option, disables setup screens when settings already exist

- Fakeanim option, to set a small video to use as bootanim

- farenheit option, to use farenheit unit instead of celsius

just added this as read a few posts from people who can't get fsd3 to boot from there 4gb int memory.it's always been possible

well you must be doing something wrong because it is very stable for almost everyone.

Then please tell me what I'm doing wrong. I manually copied the files to a new folder on the HDD, changed a few settings to match my FSD2 setup, and added all my folders. That's when it started crashing over and over again. I then burned the ISO and installed it from there to yet another new folder checking the box to download updated files. Changed options again, and then added just my 360 game path on my external drive, no Originals or XBLA because there were several people reporting crashes after scanning 100+ XBLA games. I then took a shower, came back to find it had crashed again. So, please tell me what I've done wrong. I just added the XBLA path now and it is scanning, we shall see if it crashes again.

but what does it mean, that it is libXenon based?

I am no expert but I have found libXenon software can not be launched from Freestyle dash. Instead you must have the emulator and files on a small USB drive (about 4GB or less) and launch the emulator through Xenon. On my Xbox 360, if I turn my machine on by using the eject button then it boots into Xenon instead of Freestyle.

Dashlaunch 3.03 : 16197 kernel, corona 4GB and new features added

The famous Xbox 360 developper cOz release today a new version of the 360 master application : Dashlaunch. This new version bring (of course)the support of the 16197 dashboard but as always some new features and bugfix (check the changelog). The new features are :

- Corona 4GB memory support

- autofake option, when enabled fakelive functionality is enabled during dash and indie games only (thanks BioHazard!)

- nohealth option, disables kinect health pseudo video at game launch

- nooobe option, disables setup screens when settings already exist

- Fakeanim option, to set a small video to use as bootanim

- farenheit option, to use farenheit unit instead of celsius

just added this as read a few posts from people who can't get fsd3 to boot from there 4gb int memory.it's always been possible

You wrong.

Before of this version of dashlaunch on corona 4GB was impossibile install it and autoboot

In trinity 4Gb always was possible and it work

Then please tell me what I'm doing wrong. I manually copied the files to a new folder on the HDD, changed a few settings to match my FSD2 setup, and added all my folders. That's when it started crashing over and over again. I then burned the ISO and installed it from there to yet another new folder checking the box to download updated files. Changed options again, and then added just my 360 game path on my external drive, no Originals or XBLA because there were several people reporting crashes after scanning 100+ XBLA games. I then took a shower, came back to find it had crashed again. So, please tell me what I've done wrong. I just added the XBLA path now and it is scanning, we shall see if it crashes again.

just try launching it from a usb stick for now with the fsd3 folder and launch.ini on your usb stick pointing to the usb to boot the dafault.xex. if it dont crash then then, then its a corrupt hdd.you may have to reformet the hdd and start again

You wrong.

Before of this version of dashlaunch on corona 4GB was impossibile install it and autoboot

In trinity 4Gb always was possible and it work

i may be wrong but some peeps couldn't get it to work on trinity internal memory so thanks for clearing that up and letting them know it does boot from trinity int memory.

I am no expert but I have found libXenon software can not be launched from Freestyle dash. Instead you must have the emulator and files on a small USB drive (about 4GB or less) and launch the emulator through Xenon. On my Xbox 360, if I turn my machine on by using the eject button then it boots into Xenon instead of Freestyle.

Thanks for the advice, that worked out great.

just try launching it from a usb stick for now with the fsd3 folder and launch.ini on your usb stick pointing to the usb to boot the dafault.xex. if it dont crash then then, then its a corrupt hdd.you may have to reformet the hdd and start again

It ended up crashing two more times, first while scanning the XBLA folder and then while downloading the assets, but since then it hasn't crashed once. Here's hoping it remains stable now, I really like how much faster I can access my games now.

First of all, I love the new build. CoverFlow looks awesome!

Now for my problem.. I was able to install FSD3 over top of FSD2 via the install CD. All my games and everything still exist. I mapped the folders exactly how I had them before (I wrote them down). However, my Emulators all seem to merge into the Homebrew tab of the library instead of the Emulation tab. Not a huge issue currently, as I hardly ever use them. Just thought I'd mention it incase somebody else has a similar problem so the dev guys can take a look and fix it with an update patch. :)

Also, I'm curious as to how the whole disk swap thing works. On games like Rage where it's just a straight progression from disk 1 to 3, do we still just hide disk 2 and 3 and FSD takes care of swapping on its own, or do we need to do something else to enable it or make it work?

Great work guys, can't wait to get some hard use out of it!

Now for my problem.. I was able to install FSD3 over top of FSD2 via the install CD. All my games and everything still exist. I mapped the folders exactly how I had them before (I wrote them down). However, my Emulators all seem to merge into the Homebrew tab of the library instead of the Emulation tab. Not a huge issue currently, as I hardly ever use them. Just thought I'd mention it incase somebody else has a similar problem so the dev guys can take a look and fix it with an update patch. :)

Also, I'm curious as to how the whole disk swap thing works. On games like Rage where it's just a straight progression from disk 1 to 3, do we still just hide disk 2 and 3 and FSD takes care of swapping on its own, or do we need to do something else to enable it or make it work?

For you issue with homebrew and emulators make sure you are specifying the content type when setting the path. Disc swap is the same as before, if you're unsure how to set it up check the tutorial in the tutorials section.

It ended up crashing two more times, first while scanning the XBLA folder and then while downloading the assets, but since then it hasn't crashed once. Here's hoping it remains stable now, I really like how much faster I can access my games now.

deffo a hdd fault then.might be best to borrow a ext hdd move everything to that and reformat ya hdd in nxe then move the stuff back.or if u happy with fsd3 from usb stay like that.

to add to jpizzle's comment goto fsd3 settings and check it says plugin loaded.mine didnt at first.i test out my plugin by booting deasd space 2 disc 2 and then choose to launch a single player game from scratch and if plugin is working in will flash the message please wait (like it was about to ask for disc 1) then just boot single player normally.

Hello :)

Just wanted to say hi I am new to these forums and was wondering if someone could help me out a bit. I have a jtag xbox 360 not the slim. It's been collecting dust for about a year since it was jtag'd and now I am curious to get back into the gaming scene with it. I saw this FreeStyle Dash 3 and wanted to know how I go about installing it on my box? Are there any other softwares I need to do the installation or just download F3? Cause I also seen something called Dash Launch 3.0.3 is that something I need first? If so how do I install that as well? I know my jtag has Xell 1.1 I think lol it's pretty old. Thanks in advance.

Hello :)

Just wanted to say hi I am new to these forums and was wondering if someone could help me out a bit. I have a jtag xbox 360 not the slim. It's been collecting dust for about a year since it was jtag'd and now I am curious to get back into the gaming scene with it. I saw this FreeStyle Dash 3 and wanted to know how I go about installing it on my box? Are there any other softwares I need to do the installation or just download F3? Cause I also seen something called Dash Launch 3.0.3 is that something I need first? If so how do I install that as well? I know my jtag has Xell 1.1 I think lol it's pretty old. Thanks in advance.

Download the F3 installer ISO and use that to install F3 and Dashlaunch, be sure to enable the download latest version option in the installer.

I am trying to resolve the problem/bug(?) that I have with F3 regarding XBLA. It says that I have one game when I have over 100. It shows the graphics for that one game to the left and right when I scroll what should be the covers for the other 100+ games. When I select any of the covers it will start the one and only game that it thinks that I have. I tried deleting the path and rescanning and that didn't fix the problem. I am assuming that the database in question is HDD1FreestyleDataDatabasesContent.db. I have tried to move it to make a backup so that it could be rebuilt and apparently it has a read only attribute associated with the file and I don't know how to change it so I can move it.

Has anyone else reported the problem and is there a way to fix it?

Thanks,

outofwork

For others who may have the same or similar problem... problem resolved. For some reason I had to increase the scan level for the XBLA games to 1 higher than what would work under FSD2.2. If you are having a similar problem try increasing the scan level. It worked for me.

outofwork

One little nagging problem remains. Whenever I am playing a game and depress the Guide button on the wireless controller to quickly exit the game I am presented with what appears to be the standard (non-F3) dashboard which has the following displayed:

Xbox Guide

Xbox Home

Join Xbox LIVE

Open tray

If I hit the Guide button again it reboots F3. I assume that something in the configuration (INI ?) file is wrong and I probably caused it. How do I fix it and how to I get to the launch.ini file to edit it assuming that's what I need to fix?

As always many thanks for the invaluable assistance,

outofwork