RealModScene
JQE

F3 - Freestyle 3

will it show the covers automatically? or i will need to connect my xbox to the internet,, I don't know how to connect my xbox,

You need to connect to the internet then scan the folders that the games are in. The rest is all automatic :).

"** NOTE ** if you install this over your existing FSD it will DELETE YOUR DATABASE.

NEW INSTALL ONLY!

you have been warned."

built on the first scan following the installation?

Sorry for such a newbie question but can I "assume" that the databases for installed games and XBLA will be

rebuilt on the first scan following the new install?

Thanks,

outofwork

"** NOTE ** if you install this over your existing FSD it will DELETE YOUR DATABASE.

NEW INSTALL ONLY!

you have been warned."

built on the first scan following the installation?

Sorry for such a newbie question but can I "assume" that the databases for installed games and XBLA will be

rebuilt on the first scan following the new install?

Thanks,

outofwork

Yes

Download the FSD3 Installer.iso burn it to a cd , pop it in the xbox , tick all relevant box`s on the screen and install.

Can someone post a tutorial of how to install this to the XBOX ??

I still haven't upgraded. Lol.

If I already have FSD2.2 install can I just simply rename that folder via FTP and then transfer the F3 folder in via FTP with the same name as the previous FSD2.2 folder?? And expect it to work?

Thanks alot people, where would we be without you guys, layout feels like my wii now again thanks for all the hard work you guys put in it is all muchly appreciated.

Thanks alot people, where would we be without you guys, layout feels like my wii now again thanks for all the hard work you guys put in it is all muchly appreciated.

for the guy above just ftp the fsd 3 folder to hard drive and do a fresh install it just deletes all covers and setting just redownload all.

HELP!!!! I have installed the new dashboard to my hd and it started automatically when i turned the videogame on, but today i tried to change my skin to a portuguese one that is attached below (Brazil) cause mine was in spanish. So i copied the archive to the same file of the old skin through FTP (filezilla) and when i selected it on the freestyle3 menu, it all turned black and my freestyle doesnt work anymore...only the menu of xbox. WHAT DO I DO?????

Would be glad if someone helps me. Im a light usuary so i dont understand much of installing this kind of programs.

Thank you so much.

Onborges

...it all turned black and my freestyle doesnt work anymore...

This sounds like the skin is meant for FSD2.2 and not for FSD3.

First of all, congratulations for the great work, it really works great.

Now, I will do some suggestions:

- Automatically refresh the available space on the harddrive after copy files into it;

- Create a shortcut menu or key to rescan the paths for new content;

- Add an app similar to xbmc (or port xbmx) (I know its really difficult, but this is just a suggestion)

- Release a API (or something like that) to people starting to develop plugins or other stuff (for example, release a API used to http browser interface and people could start porting that interface for an android app, or something else)

Sorry for my English, and again congratulations for the great work!!!

Will this render my system unusable, or will I have to reload all my games....or will I just have to log on the internet to refresh the data?

Is there a work around to backup and restore the database?

Does the new database act differently than the original?

The real question is....I'm wanting this over v2.2...How would I go about keeping my games loaded on my hard drive AND installing the F3 front end?

** NOTE ** if you install this over your existing FSD it will DELETE YOUR DATABASE.

NEW INSTALL ONLY!

you have been warned.

With pleasure, TeamFSD.

your database is just the list of all your games and artwork, deleting the database WILL NOT DELETE YOUR GAMES.

I too have this exact same issue but it is only with my xbla games. Many of the covers in my xbla games are duplicated. I even have one xbla game cover that has 10 duplicates. I do not understand why there are so many duplicates and why it is just my xbla games. I have 2 more problems besides this one as well. When I try to delete a game path the symbol that lets you know that fs3 is busy just hangs there and never deletes the path. I have also tried to clear the data with resetting FS3 but it does not remove a thing. Now when I try to deleted a game path and I am connected to the internet fs3 will not allow me at all to do so. I get a message from fs3 that says please wait until scanning is done but it is not scanning a damn thing.

i used to get a little of this randomly on fsd2.2.have you tried removing the 1 game that duplicates 10 box arts (i.e deleting it) then reinstall it and see what happens (maybe do a complete rescan too beofre coying it back).

Nobody had reply at an important question.

Is possible autoboot on corona 4 GB??

Or maybe we should wait next dashlaunch?

i used to own a 4gb RGH slim with fsd2.2 that launched from Internal memory unit so the answer would be yes.

I have re-installed FS3 at least 6 times and still get the duplicate coverart in my xbla games every time. I have no idea what in the hell can be causing this issue but I have also seen other people post with this exact same issue elsewhere. After a new install and the database is through scanning I have even cleared the database and when it scans I get the same damn results. One of my xbla games has 10 duplicate coverarts and others have anywhere from 2 to 6 duplicates but only in xbla games. I have also tried to delete game paths in FS3 and it says to please wait until operation is complete but that screen just stays there and it never deletes the game path. Sure wished I knew how to get rid of the duplicate coverart for my xbla games because manually removing 100 of them is just insane. Anyone that has had this issue and resolved it please post your findings. Personally I believe this is some kind of bug in FS3.

have a quick look at all your xbla and dlc wih xm360 and count the number it gives you for each.then compare that to ehat's in fsd dash.if they compare then that aint the problem.also set scan depth to 2 or 3 see if any change.

Hey guys. Awesome work!

I'm having an issue getting emulators to show up though. I've got them in Content0000000000000000Emu and I've scanned that folder but I they're not showing.

Genesis360 show's up as a homebrew?

create a Emulators folder (or what ever you want to call it) put your emu's in that ect then set the scan path to that folder.

will it show the covers automatically? or i will need to connect my xbox to the internet,, I don't know how to connect my xbox,

go to http://covers.jqe360.com/ create a profile.then with this profile input them to fsd covers settings in fsd3.then connect your xbox to your router and it's all automatic.

I still haven't upgraded. Lol.

If I already have FSD2.2 install can I just simply rename that folder via FTP and then transfer the F3 folder in via FTP with the same name as the previous FSD2.2 folder?? And expect it to work?

i wouldn't as your be booting and using fsd2.2 as you change the files around.just create another folder,place fsd3 in that.then change your launch.ini to boot the new fsd3.once that boots then delete fsd2.2 in fsd3 file manager.

HELP!!!! I have installed the new dashboard to my hd and it started automatically when i turned the videogame on, but today i tried to change my skin to a portuguese one that is attached below (Brazil) cause mine was in spanish. So i copied the archive to the same file of the old skin through FTP (filezilla) and when i selected it on the freestyle3 menu, it all turned black and my freestyle doesnt work anymore...only the menu of xbox. WHAT DO I DO?????

Would be glad if someone helps me. Im a light usuary so i dont understand much of installing this kind of programs.

Thank you so much.

Onborges

there are only 6 new skins available for fsd3 at themoment as it's a fairly new dash.-

http://spiffy360.com/themes.php

your database is just the list of all your games and artwork, deleting the database WILL NOT DELETE YOUR GAMES.

So is it safe to detele fsd 2.2 folder from internal hdd via ftp ? i got f3 set as default and i'm really happy with it . Just wondering if i delete fsd 2.2 folder ( to free up some space ) , will i loose something ? like gamerscore ,etc . Thanks

i have just installed freestyle 3, and everything is working fine, xbox 360 games are showing and playing.

only problem i'm having is that i can't get the emulators to work, i would just love to play that nintendo 64 games on my 360.

could anyone please tel me how to work with emulators or a link to a tutorial, thanks.

On my HDD1 i created a folder named roms and stored the N64 emulator and the games in there, after that, in content setiing i created the game path to that folder and set the scan depth to 2, now what did i do wrong?

First off, this is awesome. It runs fast and looks great!! Thanks for your efforts!

1 question, I installed it on my USB drive, is there any way to add a FSD3 shortcut to the NXE? or does it have to be installed on the 360 HDD to do that?

Thanks!

i have just installed freestyle 3, and everything is working fine, xbox 360 games are showing and playing.

only problem i'm having is that i can't get the emulators to work, i would just love to play that nintendo 64 games on my 360.

could anyone please tel me how to work with emulators or a link to a tutorial, thanks.

On my HDD1 i created a folder named roms and stored the N64 emulator and the games in there, after that, in content setiing i created the game path to that folder and set the scan depth to 2, now what did i do wrong?

you need an emulator to play the roms and the only n64 emulator for 360 is libXenon based.

First off, this is awesome. It runs fast and looks great!! Thanks for your efforts!

1 question, I installed it on my USB drive, is there any way to add a FSD3 shortcut to the NXE? or does it have to be installed on the 360 HDD to do that?

Thanks!

google shortcut 360 or you could always boot directly into F3 by setting it as your default in dashlaunch.

Thanks for this, but there is a problem when I try to load the default.xex file, it says "there was a error reading the XEX file chosen". I don't have Dashlaunch installed and would like to boot FSD3 from the NXE.

any other ideas with the short360?

i used to get a little of this randomly on fsd2.2.have you tried removing the 1 game that duplicates 10 box arts (i.e deleting it) then reinstall it and see what happens (maybe do a complete rescan too beofre coying it back).

i used to own a 4gb RGH slim with fsd2.2 that launched from Internal memory unit so the answer would be yes.

have a quick look at all your xbla and dlc wih xm360 and count the number it gives you for each.then compare that to ehat's in fsd dash.if they compare then that aint the problem.also set scan depth to 2 or 3 see if any change.

create a Emulators folder (or what ever you want to call it) put your emu's in that ect then set the scan path to that folder.

go to http://covers.jqe360.com/ create a profile.then with this profile input them to fsd covers settings in fsd3.then connect your xbox to your router and it's all automatic.

i wouldn't as your be booting and using fsd2.2 as you change the files around.just create another folder,place fsd3 in that.then change your launch.ini to boot the new fsd3.once that boots then delete fsd2.2 in fsd3 file manager.

there are only 6 new skins available for fsd3 at themoment as it's a fairly new dash.-

http://spiffy360.com/themes.php

Maybe you had installed it on 4Gb trinity. In corona is not allowed with autoboot. IntMu is not a valid path without a new dashlaunch (i think)

An update on my issue, in case someone else needs help. I used Quickboot to create a shortcut on my NXE dash directly to my USB installed FSD3, then used FlashFXP to copy it to the HDD1 on my Xbox. Works like a charm. Thanks to JPizzle for leading me the right way!

again, great job on this release, I'm lovin' it!

Hello there, I just had my slim modded, RGH2, used FD3 installer and configure dashlaunch (I believe is 3.02), for a few hours all seemed to work well, I used ftp to transfert few games into content/000000000000000 and some in a folder called games.

Played 30 minutes all seemed to work properly.

Next day I used again ftp and the consolle started rebooting randomly, I then removed the hdd and removed the folder freestyle, I then reinstalled FD3 but after a few minutes started crashing again.

I then installed FD3 on a usb key with the same result.

If I start a game under NXE (the games that are under 000000000000000 show in my games) all seem to work without freezes or reboot

Glitcht time is about 6 to 20 seconds, Im wondering if my slim has some problem with FD3 or if it is an hardware problem.

Any help will be really appreciated