RealModScene
JQE

F3 - Freestyle 3

NOOB here. I justb tried to install the latest beta update today using the internal updater. It said that it was successful but when I rebooted it just stays on the xbox360 logo screen.

I then tried to boot the image disc but it just keeps looking for xenon.elf file...

The network config is properly setup and it keeps looking on ftp site. Do I need to put this file on my USB drive?

Very NOOB here.

I'm trying to get F3 to work.

Burned a CD with the installer and checked Latest version, Install F3 and Install and configure DashLaunch.

First problem: it starts downloading the update and then completely stops after a few seconds. I tried several times and I waited for 15 minutes and nothing happens.

So I figured I would install first and then do the update from inside the settings.

Checked Install F3 and Install and configure DashLaunch and it finished installing.

After that I pressed continue and I get a screen with a rocket (!) saying DashLaunch cannot be installed because Kernel 2.0.16197.0 isn't supported! And it asks me to install, cancel or quit.

Can someone tell me what to do? I read every post and couldn't find anyone complaining about this.

OK. Forget it.

I tried it one more time and I got the same rocket screen but instead of pressing cancel I shut down the console and when it came back it had F3...

I still can't update because I think there must be some problem with the servers. I updated the covers and even the plugins but the dash upate stays at 0.0 kb/s.

I would really like to get this working to try that Link everyone is talking about.

Any way around this.

Thanks.

I was able to update manually.

Copied the folder to the Xbox HDD and changed the launch.ini.

I now have F3.0.402.

I'm trying to open the port for Link but haven't been able so far.

Also several games started giving a Fatal Crash Intercepted error when I try to enter Multiplayer.

Any help?

Been reading all posts, seems iam not only one here playing with fsd installer and messed up database (library) lol

im not sure if anyone noticed this, but

i install dash, i download covers everything is fine tra ta ta, and bam i get duplicates, i restart fsd duplicates are gone. ok i add game through ftp to my external hard and as i hit scan (always manualy) bam same error. ok

iv noticed in root

theres folder named game <--- root folder

then goes hdd1 <--- main folder and then

usb0<--- xbla xbox360 games

ok in the root folder, all database i mean all covers photos are as the same as in installed fsd folder hddfreestyle <-- fsd instalation folder

not funny... i think this causing me the duplicates, so i delete hddfreestyle folder and something like set the root folder --> gamedefault.xex or hddgamedefault.xex (its not posible i know but still) i was just doing random stuff here but thought this might solve.

then i enter nxe with no dash blah....

i delete the root folder (game) totaly all games without covers and trying to clean database from settings it just does nothing... 0 reaction to scan and as soon as i restart xbox it enters nxe. O_O

i did deleted files in folder few files was undeleted, i loaded fsd3.0 from usb. it just copys all files there.

its like never ending circle.

my question i think i can solve this by changing path as i mentioned above, or iam just installing fsd to my hdd, i dont care actualy it boots me from usb same speed as fsd 3.0 starts with finalazing.... writings. strangely iam able to read 2tb hdd same speed as my dash lauches not like with 2.2 version lol. not always shows my external hdd as my dash launches anyway.

its beta iam not blaming, but i think best thing to do is :

use fsd 2.2 for all game library

and secondary use fsd 3.0 for link (i can run manualy from filemanager anytime)

is this thing posible ?

i mean fsd 3.0 deletes database but what if skip the cover downloading part, and download all covers for 2.2 ? :)

ps. i always get crash when my game covers are downloading and i enter library of xbla

Hi,

I am new on this stuff and still learning...

So , thanks for this new Freestyle. Kinect controls are very intuitive

Biggest xbox ever here.

I've recently bought a RGH'd xbox, I've managed to get XexMenu to work on it, but I got no idea why I can't get FSD to work, I'm tryin' to install from an external HDD to my internal but xexmenu doesn't see my internal hdd so I can't transfer the installation.

Any help? D:

Biggest xbox ever here.

I've recently bought a RGH'd xbox, I've managed to get XexMenu to work on it, but I got no idea why I can't get FSD to work, I'm tryin' to install from an external HDD to my internal but xexmenu doesn't see my internal hdd so I can't transfer the installation.

Any help? D:

User the installer ISO

User the installer ISO

As in burn it to a CD? Is there any other way?

'cause I've tried installin' from the external, used the default.xex in the .7z file, it could only be installed on the USB.

download the package and move files to your xbox, done.

That's exactly where my problem lays, I can't move them to my xbox, xexmenu only shows USB and DVD for me. Would've moved it if I could. It's an xbox slim 4g if it helps somehow.

it's not? i have it on my slim and it works perfectly? not that i ever use it as fsd3 rocks :p

It can not see the internal storage

launch the default.xex.... if you dont know how to do that much I suggest you take a day to read the tutorials section.

launch the default.xex.... if you dont know how to do that much I suggest you take a day to read the tutorials section.

I've done it, Ran the installation, it finished. how do I run it afterwards?

Silly question - but how do I get back to the original Xbox dash...? I use to press the guide button - select xbox home and hold RB... Now it states Freestyle Home but when hold RB it still loads FSD 3.0

I must have done something wrong....

Figured it out...

I must press Guide, and the Y (for Xbox home) and then hold RB...

Not sure if Y for Xbox home should take you strait there but I must press Y instead of select freestyle home...

If there is a different way or I am setup wrong happy to be told otherwise :)

P.s. Zuma Revenge still shows the wrong boxart in cover flow view... It initially shows Zuma Revenge when I refresh the art work but then appears the Zuma boxart and you can't get the correct cover display... Any ideas...?

Only way I got the right cover to appear was refer artwork and when the correct cover appears and before the wrong one appears I take the network cable out... Not ideal... But at least I have the correct cover now :)

Ok new here to the jtag scene.

Ive been able to install my FSD and XeXmenu now here my big question and its stupid im sure.

How do I download coverflow data if your not suppose to put a jtaged xbox online in fear of detection ?

Ok new here to the jtag scene. Ive been able to install my FSD and XeXmenu now here my big question and its stupid im sure. How do I download coverflow data if your not suppose to put a jtaged xbox online in fear of detection ?

make sure liveblock is active in your dashlaunch settings and then just connect the xbox to the internet, it will automaticly download art and descriptions from us :)

Thank you for the answer it makes sense now to me as i was reading a bit more i saw the info about livelock . Also thank you for not ridiculing me for not asking what seemed like a probably redundant and stupid question.