Hello all,

I didn't want to waste anybody's time, so I tried to do as many
things as I could, in as many combinations as possible, before I
bothered anybody.  I've spent a good 5-6 hours trying to get multi-disc
to work.  I've tried these two methods (not concurrently):

• swap.xex dashlaunch plug-in, while making sure to disable the
    autoswap feature under behaviors.  I created my multi.ini file while
    following the directions given here.
  • Enabling autoswap in dashlaunch, while making sure to disable swap.xex.

Neither of these methods have worked for me so far.  The strange
thing is, launch.ini appears to be completely independent from my
dashlaunch (3.04) settings, and doesn't change no matter what.  I've
even tried to edit launch.ini manually, for both methods, but it still
doesn't work.  I'm fresh out of ideas!

Here's what my system has:

• Jasper RGH
  • FSD 3.0 rev483
  • Dashlaunch 3.04

Thank you for any help!

Delete swap.xex, disable autoswap in dashlaunch and let FSD manage this. Put your multidisc games in different folders (i.e. Mass Effect 3 Disc 1, Mass Effect 3 Disc 2) with a scan depth of 1, then after both discs appear in FSD with the same title (Mass Effect 3) just press Y over the 2nd one and move it to "No section".

Delete swap.xex, disable autoswap in dashlaunch and let FSD manage this. Put your multidisc games in different folders (i.e. Mass Effect 3 Disc 1, Mass Effect 3 Disc 2) with a scan depth of 1, then after both discs appear in FSD with the same title (Mass Effect 3) just press Y over the 2nd one and move it to "No section".

Hey there,

Thank you for the response!Unfortunately, this method did not seem to work either; it was method #2 in my opening post.  Again, disabling autoswap in dashlaunch did NOT modify the launch.ini accordingly, which I found to be curious.  The multidisc games have also been put into their own, respective directories.I'm still at a loss!

You are mixing up the two methods for multi disc swapping, there is Dashlaunch which uses launch.ini, multi.ini and swap.xex and then there is FSDF3 that uses it's own built in plugin.

I suggest using FSDF3 to mannage this for you, so delete swap.xex and multi.ini and make sure multi disc support is disabled in dashlaunch (launch.ini) and then follow this tutorial http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/36-how-to-setup-the-fsdf3-multidisc-plugin/

You are mixing up the two methods for multi disc swapping, there is Dashlaunch which uses launch.ini, multi.ini and swap.xex and then there is FSDF3 that uses it's own built in plugin.

I suggest using FSDF3 to mannage this for you, so delete swap.xex and multi.ini and make sure multi disc support is disabled in dashlaunch (launch.ini) and then follow this tutorial http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/36-how-to-setup-the-fsdf3-multidisc-plugin/

I apologize for not being clear in the opening post; I've corrected it.  The two methods were in fact, attempted separately.  Here is my launch.ini:

[QuickLaunchButtons]

Default = hdd:FreeStyledefault.xex

;[Plugins]

;plugin1 = hdd:swap.xex

[settings]

nxemini = true

pingpatch = true

autoswap = false

when using F3 do you have both discs showing up in your games list ? do you have freestyleplugin.xex in your plugins folder ?

when using F3 do you have both discs showing up in your games list ? do you have freestyleplugin.xex in your plugins folder ?

Hello,Yes, both discs do show up (Halo 4, Forza 4).  freestyleplugin.xex is also present under hdd:/FreeStyle/Plugins

The Forza 4 disc 2 is a DLC disc. You need to extract the ISO and take out the DLC, then place it in the correct folder.

Hello,Yes, both discs do show up (Halo 4, Forza 4).  freestyleplugin.xex is also present under hdd:/FreeStyle/Plugins

:wacko: both of those games are actually single disc games, the second disc is just DLC that you extract from the ISO and put on your hdd

Ah, I knew my luck couldn't be that bad!  Thanks!What is the best tutorial on this forum to read through how to install those DLCs?

Edit: NM, I found one.  Will give it a try tonight!

which games you would like to play

I play multi disc games like max payne, mass effect 3, dead space 3, rage fine and both discs installed

first create god format  and/or install via NXE dash the first disc, after it is scanned and added into games list rename it like xxx disc 1

then do the same for the second disc

eg. after the end of first disc it automotically continues with the second disc

games like forza 4, battlefield 3; you've to install second disc of forza 4 or hd textures of BF3 from a already burned dvd or you can extract already

installed file from your friends console, copy and paste it into appropriate folder in your hdd