RealModScene
TudorBlue

I updated a RGH console a little while ago, with the update that allowed me edit the avatars. Fine, I could use avatars and edit them. I then replaced the hard drive on the xbox I updated, now I cant edit the avatars. When I go to edit avatars nothing happens. Ive put the update on a flash drive but I dont get the update prompt popping up! Can anyone help me with this and offer me some advice? Any help with this will be very much appreciated.Sent from my GT-I9100

Try to execute the update via Metro Dashboard, and don't rename the folder as instructed but keep in mind the warnings that are shown.

avatar updates goto a folder called sysext... if you took out the HDD you took out the update.

You need to run the avatar update again

avatar updates goto a folder called sysext... if you took out the HDD you took out the update. You need to run the avatar update again

Im trying to Dave. Its not happening mate. Ive put the system update on a usb drive but nothing happens when I insert the flash drive. Sent from my GT-I9100

Format an USB stick to a fat32 partition, transfer the $ystemupdate folder to the USB, stick the USB in the back port of the console and boot the console in Metro.

This has NOTHING to do with F3, post in the correct forum section. If you are not sure where it should be posted then post in 'other topics'

I updated a RGH console a little while ago, with the update that allowed me edit the avatars. Fine, I could use avatars and edit them. I then replaced the hard drive on the xbox I updated, now I cant edit the avatars. When I go to edit avatars nothing happens. Ive put the update on a flash drive but I dont get the update prompt popping up! Can anyone help me with this and offer me some advice? Any help with this will be very much appreciated. Sent from my GT-I9100

I did this as well. Did the system update and the avatar update, and then recently I also upgraded to a larger hard drive and lost the avatar update. However, I re-downloaded the avatar update file and repeated the process i used prior to the hard drive update and didn't have any issues. The only thing I can recommend (that is if you haven't figured it out by now) is just try and repeat whatever you did prior to your hdd upgrade verbatim. I can assume you have tried that, but if it worked before it should work again. Maybe even just start completely over, reformat the drive, redownload the file.... the more things you try the more you can throw out as being the problem.

I did this as well. Did the system update and the avatar update, and then recently I also upgraded to a larger hard drive and lost the avatar update. However, I re-downloaded the avatar update file and repeated the process i used prior to the hard drive update and didn't have any issues. The only thing I can recommend (that is if you haven't figured it out by now) is just try and repeat whatever you did prior to your hdd upgrade verbatim. I can assume you have tried that, but if it worked before it should work again. Maybe even just start completely over, reformat the drive, redownload the file.... the more things you try the more you can throw out as being the problem.

Ive reformatted the hdd Im using now but it Im still getting the same issue, Ive tried 2 different flash drives and still no joy.  Ive done everything exactly like I did when I first installed the update on the other hdd. I   cant use that hdd because Im now using that hdd in a slim. Help!!!

rename folder to $$ystemUpdate

Never thought of that JP, will try it now. thanks mate and sorry for posting in the wrong forum. 

Right thats worked but when it weent to update, I fgot this error message.. 

Cant process the update. If problem persists go to microsoft.com

status code

3F4F-3F4B-1600-2446-C810-1004

Ive had this message before and last time i had to update the rgh and dashboard. Its on the very same machine so surely it should be ok. Ive only swapped the hdd over. Help

rename folder to $$ystemUpdateNever thought of that JP, will try it now. thanks mate and sorry for posting in the wrong forum. Right thats worked but when it weent to update, I fgot this error message.. Cant process the update. If problem persists go to microsoft.com status code3F4F-3F4B-1600-2446-C810-1004Ive had this message before and last time i had to update the rgh and dashboard. Its on the very same machine so surely it should be ok. Ive only swapped the hdd over. Help

The console is on dashboard 2.0.16197.0 and the rgh kernal is 2.0.16197.0 helpSent from my GT-I9100