RealModScene
badflame

Xbox Classic games have video jerks on Xbox 360 RGH, but only executing from HDD

Hi,

some Xbox Classic games (as Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones) emulated from Xbox 360 RGH suffer video jerks. I thought they were emulation problems.

But something disconcerting has happened to me with "OutRun2". This game works very bad, video jerks, menu jerks, slow loading and finally graphical corruptions in game. But surprisingly if instead of executing it from the internal HDD I do it from a USB pendrive or from the internal memory console works perfect.

So, I have also tried the Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones checking that from USB the videos do not suffer jerks either.

In short, some classic Xbox games (about 5 out of 34 that I have tried) do not work well from internal HDD, but yes from USB. With Xbox 360 games I have no problem from HDD.

Any help?

Thanks

Probably a HD problem. Video’s in original Xbox games were less compressed and larger. When a HD has problems, you first notice this with bigger files. If they run fine from an external HD, you have to replace the internal HD. The actual replacement is very easy to do, formatting it correctly is somewhat more difficult.

18 hours ago, Fonzy said:

Probably a HD problem. Video’s in original Xbox games were less compressed and larger. When a HD has problems, you first notice this with bigger files. If they run fine from an external HD, you have to replace the internal HD. The actual replacement is very easy to do, formatting it correctly is somewhat more difficult.

I'm sure that's not the problem, Fonzy. Not only because it is exclusive to Xbox 1 games, but because these days I have been able to contrast with another user with the same problem on ElOtroLado forum and also one non virtual friend had try "OutRun 2" on his Xbox 360. Exact same error happening exclusively from internal HDD and not from USB pendrive or NAS (he have a network NAS).

maybe because the emulator is running off the same hdd??

doing multiple tasks on any standard hdd will cause issues.. when you change the device the game is stored on, then you free up the internal drive for the backwards compat emu....

18 hours ago, felida said:

maybe because the emulator is running off the same hdd??

doing multiple tasks on any standard hdd will cause issues.. when you change the device the game is stored on, then you free up the internal drive for the backwards compat emu....

Although I don't understand why the emulator should load data once launched and that the USB pendrive has a very low transfer, (maximum 20Mb/s) while the SATA HDD has a much higher transfer, what you say could be a logical explanation.

In this case there is nothing to do since the emulator cannot be installed on the internal memory or via USB.