RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Moto_Merchant

Jasper 512mb Nand Dumps Not Same (Same Bad Block Errors)

Glitch/Nand Reader Product(s) used: Nand-X, Matrix Glitcher V1
Console Type: Jasper
NAND size: 512mb
Dashboard version: 2.0.17489.0
CB version: 6754
Screenshot of NAND details from J-Runner/Xebuild GUI:
obWvZ07.png

J-Runner/Xebuild Gui log:  JRunner Log.txt

Image of Glitch Chip: Havent Installed Yet
Images of close-up soldering to motherboard:  Will Provide As Soon As I Am Home. Soldering Looks very good.

Description of problem:

Okay, so I have checked my soldering points and everything is good.

I have now redumped the nand on this Jasper 512mb close to 20 times. JRunner has not said nands are the same once. However, every single dump has the same error on the same bad block (Error: 250 reading block 720 (Bad Block ID @ 0xE4 [Offset: 0x1D64000]). The only difference I have seen in JRunner is that a few of the dumps had an error of Error: 250 reading block 720 and the rest were Error: 258 reading block 720. I compared the dumps in a hex editor and all only have differences on that block but in different locations on it. No two are the same. 

I AM GETTING SICK OF THE “OHHHH NOOO!” RESPONSE OUT OF JRunner!

I have tried different versions of JRunner too.

I have unsoldered, Clipped the Nand wires, and resoldered again. Then Re-Dumped (These are dumps 7 & 8 provided). Still Same exact error on same block.

Per someone's suggestion I used Nand Compare to try and reconstruct a nand image. With all 8 of my nand dumps, i tried every variation and every combination of utilizing nand compare to rebuild a nand image. None of them match. That said, whats curious is that no matter what combination of 3 input original nand dumps i use to create a Reconstructed Nand, the Reconstructed nands are identical to eachother.

So wouldnt that mean that the errors are occuring on the same exact bytes of data in all 8 nand dumps??? That would mean that for whatever reason that component/block of data is throwing a false byte read every time. So it is consistently inconsistent?

Am I good to proceed?  ---> Create the ECC, Write ECC, etc. ---> or what do I need to do or check at this point?

I have attached all 8 of my nand dumps to this post.

JRunner Screenshot 2021-10-22 085550.png

My Soldering (Brown Stuff is just dried flux, there are no bridges)

FbOmSe4.jpgyFGpqkc.jpg

nanddump1.bin nanddump2.bin nanddump3.bin nanddump4.bin nanddump5.bin nanddump6.bin nanddump7.bin nanddump8.bin

Hello! First of, I'm pretty new here and only modded one Xbox 360 so far (Trinity) so please double check all my suggestions or wait for someone with more experience to reply. But as I've done it recently I still have fresh memories of what procedure is.

As far I understand only one bad block is not a big problem. Beside that looks like your is relatively high in the address space, so it shouldn't affect writing an ECC block which is located at first 0x4F bytes (please check that this is also true for your type of motherboard). Consistency of that read error tells that your soldering should be good. So, if I was at your situation I would try to write ECC, boot to Xell and extract CPU key. If successful you then should be able to create hacked or retail NAND with build option and your or donor NAND if your be corrupted beyond repair (which is unlikely with just one bad block). After that you could try to write new NAND and J-Runner should remap bad blocks for you so console should work fine. Be sure to check videos below for better understanding of how to deal with bad blocks and corrupted NAND before you do something.

Jtag Tutorials #27 How to fix a Bad/Corrupt Nand Flash
Jtag Tutorials #30 Fixing Bad Blocks In a Nand