RealModScene
DandaleonFlux

Rock Band 3 TU4 is Corrupted at Unity

Heya, folks!

Many thanks to this forum and the devs of various homebrew stuff here! Got a lot of useful information here that helped me to RGH-mod my first Xbox 360 (and first game console in general, yeah I know, kinda late for the party).

So, it appears that TU4 for Rock Band 3 which hosted on Unity is corrupted. For some reason there's two of them (TitleUpdateID 21727 and TitleUpdateID 21618) but both of them have hash 470E718DF5EF08812F62B95D8B06A53CAE967969 and equal size 5353472. If you try to download any of them through Aurora you get "The TitleUpdate download hash did not match server.  Discarding..." in the logs no matter how many times you try. I've tried to download them through browser but they appear to be the identical with each other and with already downloaded by Aurora. I've tried to manually place them in place where game can load them and still no luck. So, I've searched the web for a different source and found one on the digiex.net, downloaded and placed at Xbox and Aurora finally showed it at "Installed" tab in the game info! I compared this third file with others and it seems slightly larger (5365760). And finally I tried it with game and in showed at the HUD that TU4 is loaded and that means that the last one is correct. I also tried to check file's hash manually but it's either not SHA1 (even it look like one) or Aurora generates it by mixing file data with something else.

Dashboard version: 17559
Aurora version: 0.7b r1622

This is a very known issue.. as i suffered when making the trainer lol

Unfortunately there isnt anyone who monitors TUs.. as it is community driven.. 

Oh my... Sorry, looks like I haven't searched hard enough. I've found your post dated 2016 year saying "tu 4 is messed up on unitiy". Is it referring the same problem? So it won't be fixed?

On 10/21/2021 at 7:51 PM, felida said:

This is a very known issue.. as i suffered when making the trainer lol

Unfortunately there isnt anyone who monitors TUs.. as it is community driven.. 

As it is community driven, are there any solution to replace the bad TU4 file with a good one ?
I have the perfect TU4. But I do not find any connection (email or anything) where I allowed to send it.
It is really a 6 years old problem ? Replacing one small file ... 
Anyway, I attach the correct TU4
(But there is 2 version of RB3 - an EA version and a Madcatz version. 
I do not know, that this TU4 is good for both of two.)

tu00000001_00000000

On 12/18/2021 at 3:57 AM, felida said:

You would upload it to the site mate.. there is a link on unity

What kind of link on unity do you mean ?
What I was able to found it is upload covers, but not TUs.

So please tell me how it possible ..

I find under the upper right menu the "upload".
Then I search and found Rock Band 3
I've selected it. 
Then I can see a "SELECT FILE" and a "Drag and Drop file here"
There I dropped the good TU4.

That's all, or I have to do something else ?

On 12/13/2021 at 9:21 AM, sxg75z said:

As it is community driven, are there any solution to replace the bad TU4 file with a good one ?
I have the perfect TU4. But I do not find any connection (email or anything) where I allowed to send it.
It is really a 6 years old problem ? Replacing one small file ... 
Anyway, I attach the correct TU4
(But there is 2 version of RB3 - an EA version and a Madcatz version. 
I do not know, that this TU4 is good for both of two.)

tu00000001_00000000 5.12 MB · 2 downloads

thanks for making this thread! I was having issues of my own with the title updates. I took notice how both of the TU Version 4 files that xboxunity provides don't work. so I tried the TU you provided on your post & it still doesn't work for my game..

I'm able to see it under the title updates tab & I'm also able to enable it but whenever I go into game it doesn't work! I think I may have the MadCatz version of the game installed into my system but I'm not 100% sure. 

is it possible to find the EA version online? 

On 2/2/2022 at 4:05 PM, xoxxxoooxo said:

thanks for making this thread! I was having issues of my own with the title updates. I took notice how both of the TU Version 4 files that xboxunity provides don't work. so I tried the TU you provided on your post & it still doesn't work for my game..

I'm able to see it under the title updates tab & I'm also able to enable it but whenever I go into game it doesn't work! I think I may have the MadCatz version of the game installed into my system but I'm not 100% sure. 

is it possible to find the EA version online? 

There is something being worked on for the title updates issue, you can easily google for the tu.. now, the different versions are not easily accessible.. as most people only use the region free version to upload tus.. so there is that 

On 2/4/2022 at 12:41 AM, felida said:

There is something being worked on for the title updates issue, you can easily google for the tu.. now, the different versions are not easily accessible.. as most people only use the region free version to upload tus.. so there is that 

glad to hear they're working on the title updates issue! 

still unsure of what my issue is I've uninstalled the game & deleted related folders just incase.. gonna give it a reinstall & see if my issues are fixed

Yay, time to resurrect an old'one... xd

I had a chance to take a look at the title updates for Rock Band 3, and the version posted earlier by @sxg75z was already uploaded, but somehow ended up with a duplicate entry. If anyone is able to test TU version 3 and see if this fixes the ongoing issue, let me know here...

Cheers,

SK

chrome_FKQbkxB322.png