RealModScene
chasenuva1

xml files are not working right... so confused... please help...

EDIT2: I think i may have posted this in the wrong section... Mods: feel free to move this to a better section if needed.

I have been updating all my custom FSD skins to work with F3, and have noticed something that makes no sense at all to me.

EDIT: Before people yell at me... yes, I have backups of the default skin. I'm not stupidly overwriting my only copy.

FYI: I have been updating my skins by copying all the edited files from the old custom skin and overwriting the files in the extracted new default skin (I'm only copying .png files, I noticed), then making new/editing files for the parts that are new in F3.

Now, I noticed this with my previous skin, but tested and confirmed it on the skin I'm currently working on: When choosing a Background in the Edit Skin section on my xbox, it displays the old names of the backgrounds (The custom names I had in the pre-F3 skin) and I think also uses the old file paths.

The reason this makes no sense to me is because if I only copied PNG files and didn't change any xml files, how could F3 know what the old names where and why is it displaying them?

I can upload a copy of my .xzp file if you don't completely understand my problem.

I think your issue (assuming you have not solved it yet) is that F3 caches your skin settings in Game:DataSkinsSKINNAMEXML folder....  perhaps if you erase those, your XML files will update as expected.

For some insight-  the reason we cache your XML files (specifically your settings files) is so we have write access from within the Freestyle code base. When they are bundled within an XZP file, we can no longer write to them.

Hope this helps.