RealModScene
richard_b

Crysis 3 - Fatal Exception when title is launched.

The Game shows up fine in my games folder and has the covers but when I go to launch the Game I get a black screen that says fatal exception?

I updated dashlaunch to the latest and am running FSD 3 awhile ago so I could play Black Ops 2. Could this the issue? do I need to update the system kernel to have the latest and greatest? Kinda itching to play this.

What kernel are you currently running? I'd bet updating to 16202 would resolve this error, game works fine here for me on 16202.Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

im still on kernel before 16202(cant remember number off hand),and crysis 3 running fine here,so would'nt have thought its the kernel.

It's still possibly kernel related, for example maybe the game does work for you on 15574 (assuming that's what you have) but not on 14719 or another earlier dash. I could be wrong but for all the time it takes to update the console it's worth a shot. Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

The game requires 15574 but you can run it on older dashes if you remove the system update folder. Check your Dash Launch settings, have you tried to unload Dash Launch then launch the game xex? You can try it to see if Dash Launch causes the problem.

Create Answers guys!, Prankster it's funny you mentioned updating the kernel. I was thinking that yesterday as well. i'm going to update the kernel first off and see if that's my issue. Currently I am on 14699. I'm going to go ahead and update, before I do I will get my questions out of the way so I don't have to keep replying with a question. I am currently on. FSD 3 and the newest Dashlaunch, do I need to reinstall those or just proceed with the update? i'm sure its been answered, but it will save me some more researching.

Thanks Guys

you will need to re install avatar data and dashlaunch after your update. F3 will still be there but will not auto boot until you re install dashlanch, Dashlaunch will retain your old settings, just run the installer and reboot :)

Thanks Jpizzle. it's my fisrt time updating myself but im tech savvy so it shouldn't be an issue. I was kinda scratching my head with Xebuild because there wasn't a GUI in the download but I found it and got that going. Now I just need to figure out how to get this Kinect update? I go to the link provided and I just get a blank screen. oh and I need to find dashlaunch installer I found it before, and one last question do I need the Kinect avatar update? I don't use Kinect at all on my xbox.

Thanks again

only thing left to do is the Kinect update. Seem to be having an issue trying to get the dang update to be recognized. Tried in the stock dash as well no luck. folders are named properly. I will plug away on this so close!!

Just download the update equivalent to your dashboard and run it via metro. I don't think you have to rename it though. I did the same thing and I got my Avatar/Kinect data working. But before doing any of these things you should read the Avatar/Kinect data tutorial on RMS.

Gotcha, I figured it out I have to use XeBuild. Works really nice actually. well see if this works to get my game going. I took note of the update messages as well.

Kernal has been updated, dashlaunch updated to current, kinect update installed to current kernal version. Now ill rip the game again to GOD to make sure that wasn't my issue and see if it launches.

well no luck, still says "Fatal Exception" and launches back into FSD. Even tried unloading Dash Launch and loading it in xex menu but the game doesn't show up there for some reason? kinda stumped at this point im looking for info to remove the "system update" file from the game ISO and see if that works. This is really strange others that DL the same ISO have reported it working? must just be my luck I guess.

Thanks for Everyone's help!!, at least im all updated now.

I got my copy today and it works just great! Maybe you should try and get a new copy from another source?

I don't think it's the copy. It's quite possible I'm a bigger idiot than I imagined and I am doing something wrong. Lol. It was the IMars copy downloaded from a torrent site. everyone else reported it as working. In the DL there was the ISO and DVD file as per normal. What way did you go about getting this on your console? I put the ISO into "ISOTOGOD" it shows up with the proper title id and what not. Do I need to run this through exiso? Please let me know how you put it on your console and maybe that will point out my error or could be a shit copy who knows? It was a good source. I have a copy rented on hold for me after work if I'm unsuccessful as a backup plan, lol. I would t mind so much if the PC Version was cracked already I have that waiting ready to go as well. It just bothers me I can't figure it out, now it's a mission!

Well I just extracted the ISO and transfered the folder to my Internal HDD, did a manual scan and ran the game as usual. The only odd thing is that FSD recognised it as Crysis 2 LOL. I simply renamed it and refreshed my artwork. I'm 2 h in and I haven't had any bugs or glitches that wouldn't let me play the game.

Okay. Thanks Prayer! I will try that method. What program did u use to extract the folders? After the God file didnt work I just mounted the ISO and copied the folders over to my HDD scanned it and same deal, but if u extracted it using another program like EXISO then transferred it that could be my issue?

I have never tried ExIso. I'm using XBOX360 Iso Extract and it does the job quite good. You should try it, it just might solve your problem.

Well it must have been a bad copy because I got Crysis 3 working from a DVD rip to my HDD and it plays flawless. It's the only thing I could think of. Thanks again for everyone's help!!!