RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
SupershalloBoy

Question about Avatar update

Hi, I have a question about how I should install Avatar Data on my Xbox 360 Slim (Trinity) with RGH and Aurora 0.7b.

I'm a noob who would like to have avatars on his Xbox; since I see all avatars grey (and I can't edit them) I think I need to apply the avatar update.
I've seen a topic on reddit ( https://www.reddit.com/r/360hacks/wiki/update_dash ) which says that I need to install the avatar data by downloading the official update from the Xbox site; unfortunately I can' find the official link for my dashboard (2.0.17511.0) so...

- Does anyone know where I can download the official update for my dashboard (I don't wanna update the dashboard to the latest firmware because I don't wanna risk to brick the console, I just want the avatars);

- The only risk I would take is the one highlighted on that topic? (That I could brick the console if I select "yes" on this screen h1oCEDz.png )

- Do I need to edit something on Dashlaunch? (I have 3.19 version)

Thank you in advance!

Its better you update your console directly  to the latest 17599 RGH Kernel/Dash. You can use J Runner or comparable tools like XeBuild GUI.

34 minutes ago, Dr.Gonzo said:

Its better you update your console directly  to the latest 17599 RGH Kernel/Dash. You can use J Runner or comparable tools like XeBuild GUI.

Thank you for the answer, is there a noob guide for one of those programs?

Just one more question: Do i need to update Dashlaunch too? (I'm on 3.19 version)
And in case, do I need to update first the dashboard or dashlaunch?

Thank you in advance

At first you build and update your RGH Dashboard. XeBuild GUI and others gives you the default option, to update Dashlaunch in one step with the dashboard.

• Like 1

Hi, this morning I've tried to update the console's kernel but I've stopped since there's something I'm not sure about:

In the guide on Se7ensins posted above it's written that if I have a Slim Trinity (my case) I should select "Freeboot RGH 2.0" as a build type on xeBuild, but the program automatically chooses "Freeboot RGH 1.x".

Dashlaunch says that I have a Glitch2, so I should select anyway RGH 2.0?

I have also another question: should I select something on the "special patches" menu? I don't know if I should check "Disable FCRT.bin check".

Thank you in advance, I just want to be sure 100% of what I'm doing.

EDIT: A user on Se7ensins helped me with the questions I had (I did both Dashboard update and the Avatar update, everything works well!).

In case anyone that reads this have my same questions: I've selected "Freeboot RGH 2.0" and i left unchecked "Disable FCRT.bin check"; console is updated now and the drive works well.

Thank you anyway.