RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Dni

External hard drive not showing??

Hi all, right I've just got a seagate 3tb external hard drive. ive formatted it to fat32  with two different programs Aomei and paragon partition managers which both did say was formatted to fat32. But each time I plug hd into jtag nothing shows on aurora or fsd or exe menu. On xbox360 dash it shows unformatted but of course it won't format from here. So no where does it say usb connected. So any ideas?? I even made a partition of 2tb and 1tb still won't pick it up. I remember wasn't they a problem years ago with regards to the usb connection? This hard drive has micro b usb port to usb 3. 0 so I wonder if this is causing the problem??? 

21 hours ago, Dni said:

Hi all, right I've just got a seagate 3tb external hard drive. ive formatted it to fat32  with two different programs Aomei and paragon partition managers which both did say was formatted to fat32. But each time I plug hd into jtag nothing shows on aurora or fsd or exe menu. On xbox360 dash it shows unformatted but of course it won't format from here. So no where does it say usb connected. So any ideas?? I even made a partition of 2tb and 1tb still won't pick it up. I remember wasn't they a problem years ago with regards to the usb connection? This hard drive has micro b usb port to usb 3. 0 so I wonder if this is causing the problem??? 

That's not the problem. It may be the Kernel version. I remember that for internal Hdds it happened due to the limitation of Kernels v. 2.16.xxx or previous. Maybe that's it, if you have an old kernel of course.