RealModScene
Kryptikz

Retroarch 1.0.0.3 unofficial input mapping

Alright so I've been messing around with the unofficial release of retroarch. I've got the cfg file from Felida, hopefully I spelled that right(I didn't but I changed it lol)! But when I go into core input mapping in the genesis core and change the maps, it doesn't save them. They work great until I exit and relaunch the emulator. Is there any way to save them or is this even possible with 1.0.0.3? Also, is there a way to do per game input mapping like in the versions on retropie? I would like to be able to use A and B properly in the menus as well as having my controls work properly in the game. It's kind of a game killer to not be able to map for games like ultimate Mortal Kombat 3. I see on the 0.98 unofficial it has quick menu and control in his options but I didn't see those in the 1.0.0.3 release. 

Per-game? No.. but you can save/load config files..

.98 to 1.0.0.3 changed a load of stuff drastically.. and the code is a hot mess of garbled stuff.. 

1 minute ago, felida said:

Per-game? No.. but you can save/load config files..

.98 to 1.0.0.3 changed a load of stuff drastically.. and the code is a hot mess of garbled stuff.. 

I tried saving new configs but they never save my core input mapping. It works when I change it but doesn't save for the next boot. 

4 hours ago, Kryptikz said:

Alright so I've been messing around with the unofficial release of retroarch. I've got the cfg file from Felida, hopefully I spelled that right(I didn't but I changed it lol)! But when I go into core input mapping in the genesis core and change the maps, it doesn't save them. They work great until I exit and relaunch the emulator. Is there any way to save them or is this even possible with 1.0.0.3? Also, is there a way to do per game input mapping like in the versions on retropie? I would like to be able to use A and B properly in the menus as well as having my controls work properly in the game. It's kind of a game killer to not be able to map for games like ultimate Mortal Kombat 3. I see on the 0.98 unofficial it has quick menu and control in his options but I didn't see those in the 1.0.0.3 release. 

What I did was to have multiple copies of the emulator folders with the cores separated. Basically multiple retroarch copies

For example, FBA for NeoGeo games I have them all there, but the CPS (1, 2 and 3) I have them in another.

All 3 MK games and some more from Midway I have them also in another folder so each one has their own emulator with their own config. At least per set of games, since all Capcom fighters use the same 6 buttons config so does NeoGeo and their games, and so on

9 minutes ago, MKK hanzo said:

What I did was to have multiple copies of the emulator folders with the cores separated. Basically multiple retroarch copies

For example, FBA for NeoGeo games I have them all there, but the CPS (1, 2 and 3) I have them in another.

All 3 MK games and some more from Midway I have them also in another folder so each one has their own emulator with their own config. At least per set of games, since all Capcom fighters use the same 6 buttons config so does NeoGeo and their games, and so on

It sucks to have to do it like that 😂😂 it would be fine if we had a game launcher that we could load into the aurora dash as a single game that auto launched a specific Rom only! It would be just like we're launching an Xbox game! You can do it on the original Xbox in xbmc so it sucks you can't on the 360. I wish I knew how to compile these cores and code a shortcut launcher with data string abilities! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kryptikz said:

It sucks to have to do it like that 😂😂 it would be fine if we had a game launcher that we could load into the aurora dash as a single game that auto launched a specific Rom only! It would be just like we're launching an Xbox game! You can do it on the original Xbox in xbmc so it sucks you can't on the 360. I wish I knew how to compile these cores and code a shortcut launcher with data string abilities! 

That have been my dream since a long time ago, pal!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, MKK hanzo said:

That have been my dream since a long time ago, pal!

I'm going to test it with the original Xbox compatibility and see if I can use the launcher from it! 

• Like 1