RealModScene
AndrePalacio

Aurora does not recognize games after changing the case of the external HD

After changing the case of my external HD, Aurora does not recognize the games, all the covers are gray, and it is not possible to start any game.

In "Content> Manage Paths" it informs that the paths of the external HD do not exist, it is not possible to change the path manually, when selecting the option "Change", nothing happens.

Through the "File Manager", starting with default.xex the games start normally, with all TU's, DLC's and Saves, this indicates that the external HD with the new case is working normally, being a problem only in Aurora.

I have an external HD of 2TB with more than 700 games, some covers I edited manually with the program "AuroraAssetEditor", in addition to the names and other editions I have already made, I did not want to miss all these modifications, if anyone can help me I will be extremely grateful.

Thanks!

Note: My English is not very fluent, so I apologize for any spelling mistakes.

3 hours ago, AndrePalacio said:

After changing the case of my external HD, Aurora does not recognize the games, all the covers are gray, and it is not possible to start any game.

In "Content> Manage Paths" it informs that the paths of the external HD do not exist, it is not possible to change the path manually, when selecting the option "Change", nothing happens.

Through the "File Manager", starting with default.xex the games start normally, with all TU's, DLC's and Saves, this indicates that the external HD with the new case is working normally, being a problem only in Aurora.

I have an external HD of 2TB with more than 700 games, some covers I edited manually with the program "AuroraAssetEditor", in addition to the names and other editions I have already made, I did not want to miss all these modifications, if anyone can help me I will be extremely grateful.

Thanks!

Note: My English is not very fluent, so I apologize for any spelling mistakes.

With the change of the case HD the UUID of the external hd changed. There is conflict.
   I don't see much to do. Using the computer, remove(save) the .db files from the HDD or USB / AuroraData / databases folder, a new database will be created and perhaps the games will be recognized.
   This happened to me once because the case burned and I had to buy another one. At the time I had no knowledge and what I did was to re-record the games to HD, but in your case there are many. Maybe Felida, or Gonzo know the right way to fix this. But it never hurts to try what you said.

Just delete the "/Data/Databases/content.db" file, then manually delete those gray game paths in Aurora.

Ensure you have the patch set in your dash plugins so you don't crash on your next scan to get the artwork back. Patch download is at http://github.com/StelioKontosXBL/AuroraCrashPatcher/releases.

For initial scan, Aurora needs liveblock/livestrong to be disabled, so do this also when adding the patch. Be sure you have stealth in plugins, or a banned kv on Hdd, since liveblock is disabled.

Now reboot, launch Aurora, add your game paths again, and scan. 

Edit: Don't delete anything in the "/Data/GameData/" folder; all your custom artwork you imported is already there. If Aurora previously had all artwork showing, you might be able to run the scan again without liveblock disabled (if you prefer to keep it enabled), but regardless, make sure the patch is in plugins because a full scan will be necessary for your artwork to show up after resetting the gray paths.

Thanks for everyone's help, but I decided to have the old case fixed, just so I managed to solve the problem in reading the games on Aurora.

Unfortunately all modifications are lost if you change HD or the HD case, so I decided that it is not useful to make modifications to Aurora.

Again, thanks for everyone's help!

Note: I am not fluent in English, so I apologize for possible spelling errors.