RealModScene
Dni

How can i put game covers on manually?

Since I deleted the content.db I've lost what covers I did have all them blank now bud

27 minutes ago, Dni said:

Since I deleted the content.db I've lost what covers I did have all them blank now bud

They will come back when you rescan. You can either rescan now, or if you have a backup of content.db, copy it back in and covers will be there when you relaunch aurora.

2 minutes ago, StelioKontos said:

They will come back when you rescan. You can either rescan now, or if you have a backup of content.db, copy it back in and covers will be there when you relaunch aurora.

Yer I didn't back up content I thought I did but checked on usb  stick doh doh doh

7 minutes ago, StelioKontos said:

I don't have that game, so covers won't match, but copy these 4 files into skyrim's title folder inside "Data/GameData/" on the xbox, replacing the 4 files that are already in there. Relaunch Aurora, and tell me if you see GTA cover art/background on the Skyrim title.

BK425307E6.asset 2.11 MB · 2 downloads GC425307E6.asset 642 kB · 1 download GL425307E6.asset 18 kB · 1 download SS425307E6.asset 2 kB · 1 download

Mate that worked so how come?? What did u do that was different? 

9 minutes ago, Dni said:

Mate that worked so how come?? What did u do that was different? 

Ok so because I got gta v I put the cover on it and changed skyrim and now I don't even have gta cover??? 

Well my initial theory of what was wrong...was wrong. Lol. It was just a guess as I'm not that familiar with Aurora to begin with. The .asset files are just jpg images, but converted into a packed resource file format which the Xbox then unpacks and loads into memory, ultimately showing the jpg images on your screen. 

The ones you sent me were all 2 kb in size; the .xpr header magic was there, but the rest was just null data. Null data means no picture. Why the asset editor didn't properly pack the images, I can't tell you. Manually packing them is fairly trivial if you're comfortable with command line and have the full sdk on your computer. But a pain in the ass. I'd have to download the asset editor and test it before assuming the resource packing doesn't work. But  if that is the case, a workaround wouldn't be that hard.

8 minutes ago, Dni said:

Ok so because I got gta v I put the cover on it and changed skyrim and now I don't even have gta cover??? 

Those files are named for Skyrim. If you are copying them into the GTA title folder, you'd have to rename them to match the containing folder's title id...in this case, gta's title id. Only the first two characters should remain unchanged. 

• Thanks 1

Yep I haven't a clue about command line etc I can't remember where I got the program from its version 1. 3. 1. 0 

I'll have a look at it this weekend. For now, just replace those files in skyrim's title folder with the ones you sent me that don't work, to prevent confusion lol.

You could always post up a list of all the titles you need the covers for and see if this community still has enough servitude left in it to send you their .asset files for the titles they already have. :p

I'll post back here after I have a chance to take a look at it, possibly with some sort of solution, though it won't be till end of the weekend most likely.

9 minutes ago, StelioKontos said:

Those files are named for Skyrim. If you are copying them into the GTA title folder, you'd have to rename them to match the containing folder's title id...in this case, gta's title id. Only the first two characters should remain unchanged. 

That worked now I didn't notice the numbers matched the game. But I changed them and it came up after I restarted

2 minutes ago, StelioKontos said:

I'll have a look at it this weekend. For now, just replace those files in skyrim's title folder with the ones you sent me that don't work, to prevent confusion lol.

You could always post up a list of all the titles you need the covers for and see if this community still has enough servitude left in it to send you their .asset files for the titles they already have. :p

I'll post back here after I have a chance to take a look at it, possibly with some sort of solution, though it won't be till end of the weekend most likely.

Thanks for all your help. It's good to know there are still ppl out there willing to help. It came a shock to me to find out xbox360iso. Com more or less shut down. Had a jtag back in 2013 times change. Got rid now after long-time got another 2weeks ago and everything is different. But again thanks for you help and good luck hope u can sort it. Be safe out there

• Like 1

22 hours ago, StelioKontos said:

I have never used Aurora editor, but it sounds like you need to force Aurora to rebuild the database. Using Neighborhood or the file manager in Aurora, delete the following folders/files located inside your Aurora folder on your console's Hdd:

Data/Databases/content.db
Data/GameData/
Data/TitleUpdates/
Data/titlecache.list

Restart Aurora, and rescan.

I don't know how but i got aroura asst working now and I managed to get covers I had to manually send each cover thorough ftp one at a time which took me a few hours. But I did it!!!  Thank you so much for your help and guidance 

8 hours ago, StelioKontos said:

So the editor was generating the .asset files correctly but sending the console the null ones?

I think so bud. But then I used the ftp way and it worked perfectly. I had to spend about 2 hours putting the covers on 1 at a time. Thank you again for your help

2 minutes ago, rash2236 said:

I have the same problem with game covers Aurora Asset Editor 1.3.1 sends blank covers

6 minutes ago, rash2236 said:

I have the same problem with game covers Aurora Asset Editor 1.3.1 sends blank covers

Hi bud are you using ftp way?  Because other manual way with usb didn't work

2 minutes ago, Dni said:

Hi bud are you using ftp way?  Because other manual way with usb didn't work

If you can using ftp way?  I can help

1 hour ago, rash2236 said:

I've sent you a message bud hope it helps

@DNI

Please dont flood the Thread with multiple postings. If want add information to your last posting, feel free and use the edit Button 😉

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Dr.Gonzo said:

@DNI

Please dont flood the Thread with multiple postings. If want add information to your last posting, feel free and use the edit Button 😉

Sorry still getting used to the site. Cheers for the heads up

9 hours ago, rash2236 said:

thanks for showing interest LAN connection helps. the wifi didn't work

So did you manage to get the covers?