RealModScene
Dni

How can i put game covers on manually?

Ok bit late to the scene. I have tried to manually install game covers using aurora asst editor, titleID from unity. I then place the files on usb using aurora file manager even exe file manager. I place them into aurora/data/game data place them into right title ID folder. I then scan path where my games are and still nothing even after reboot? 

So am I doing something wrong? I don't have internet coz am poor. Had to link mobile phone to laptop just to use aurora asst editor. 

Edited by Dni
Forgot something

35 minutes ago, Dni said:

Ok bit late to the scene. I have tried to manually install game covers using aurora asst editor, titleID from unity. I then place the files on usb using aurora file manager even exe file manager. I place them into aurora/data/game data place them into right title ID folder. I then scan path where my games are and still nothing even after reboot? 

So am I doing something wrong? I don't have internet coz am poor. Had to link mobile phone to laptop just to use aurora asst editor. 

• Confused 1

Thanks for trying to help bud. I can't understand a word that his saying. 

14 hours ago, Dni said:

• Confused 1

Yep doing it the same but no cover coming up even after I re scan paths or even after reboot?? 

Ok I don't know if this could be why but aurora editor 1. 3 I saved the covers on laptop e.g. skyrim it's got 4 files all. Asset. Now I tried to load them so i can see them on my laptop using the program and I get a error saying that it doesn't contain assets? Now when I did the covers I right click to set them

Then save all assets it asked for title I'd which I did. So do you think this could be the problem due to program can't even load?? 

FSD had an interface accessible by the browser, it was much easier to do. I don't know why the developers didn't do that.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Rikintosh said:

FSD had an interface accessible by the browser, it was much easier to do. I don't know why the developers didn't do that.

I know it was simple on fsd. I've tried ftp and manual and still won't show

I have never used Aurora editor, but it sounds like you need to force Aurora to rebuild the database. Using Neighborhood or the file manager in Aurora, delete the following folders/files located inside your Aurora folder on your console's Hdd:

Data/Databases/content.db
Data/GameData/
Data/TitleUpdates/
Data/titlecache.list

Restart Aurora, and rescan.

• Like 1

Won't that delete all the covers that's already on there?  It seems a strange way to get it to work. The aurora editor isn't that great to use, all it does is find covers then u have to set them. Fsd just need a quick search on Google for cover then place in folder done and dusted

Ye, importing would be diff ig. Delete just the "Data/Databases/content.db" file and see if that fixes it after a rescan. If not, also delete the content.db file again, as well as the last two in the list (Data/TitleUpdates/ and Data/titlecache.list) and see if that does the trick.

• Like 1

I  tried that bud.  it still didn't work I rescanned also restarted console nothing😕

Are you using the import option in Aurora? Or copying the folders with all the assets to console directly to the Data foldee and trying to get Aurora to recognize their existence and display them. 

Manually copying folder with assets I made using aurora asst ed. Then placing them in data\gamedata then title Id folder. 

While I used the aurora editor I did both ways the save all assets that didn't work so I then tried to save one at a time. This still doesn't work. The games all work fine just no covers

3 minutes ago, Dni said:

Manually copying folder with assets I made using aurora asst ed. Then placing them in data\gamedata then title Id folder. 

While I used the aurora editor I did both ways the save all assets that didn't work so I then tried to save one at a time. This still doesn't work. The games all work fine just no covers

OK, so just to confirm...everything is working (the game titles you added are showing in Aurora) with the exception of displaying the cover art for those titles?

[edit] Sorry if this was previously said and I missed it; briefly skimmed the previous posts in this thread but I may have missed that. It sounded to me like the titles weren't showing in Aurora at all.

Yes bud all games show up. I downloaded a title update for skyrim that shows up  (which I did manually ) just no covers. I tried using exe menu to manually put the covers on. This also didn't work it seems like aurora is blocking them? 

No, nothing's being blocked (neither by aurora, or my patch if you happen to be using it). If your console isn't online, there really isn't much to block anyways lol. Sounds like it's not creating the additional game asset binaries necessary for the cover art to show up, due to not having an internet connection. If those files don't exist, it creates them during the scan process as it downloads them (either from unity.net or microsoft's cdn).

Can you upload one of the title folders from your GameData folder you imported? Needs to be the folder you created on your computer; don't copy the folder off of your xbox. GTA, any of the COD games, or a homebrew app would be ideal.

you'll need to zip it up first (using winrar, or just "send to -> zip" from context menu when you right-click the folder in windows explorer). If the site won't let you upload it here, just use sendspace.com or something similar and send the link.

36 minutes ago, StelioKontos said:

you'll need to zip it up first (using winrar, or just "send to -> zip" from context menu when you right-click the folder in windows explorer). If the site won't let you upload it here, just use sendspace.com or something similar and send the link.

Did u get it bud? 

Looks right. I'll check from PC when I'm back from lunch in a min. Do you still have the titlecache.list file in the data folder on your Xbox?

OK, put it back in the "/Data/" folder like before. Same goes for "/Data/GameData/" and "/Data/TitleUpdates/" if you deleted those as well.

The "Data/Databases/content.db" should be deleted from xbox; aurora will generate it next time rescan. I just got back to pc so I'll have a look at the title folder.