RealModScene
Lapa

Need script to fix DeviceID

Hello! Can anyone make a script, that fix DeviceID in settings.db\ScanPath after copy disk to disk?

Thanks!

Please guys with some programming skills, try to do this :). I can be a tester if needed. Script should replace values of “device id” fields in Aurora/Data/Databases -> settings.db and content.db files from old HDD into a newly installed/cloned HDD.

You dont need to clone a hdd to transfer the files.. seems like extra steps and a problem created by it.. 

Josh Lineberry developed an "Aurora Asset Manager Script/Ultimate Xbox 360 hard drive database setup/modding tool"  - he posted several YouTube videos of the tool.  It seems it would solve what your looking for.  I haven't seen the script on the GitHb, or available for download anywhere but is definitely some great work.  

If Josh reads the forum, hopefully he'll release the script to the community, I hate having to manual update the UUID in the database when upgrading HDDs, especially with the new XL HDD capabilities for 16TB drives.

• Like 2

On 1/4/2023 at 7:46 AM, djohng said:

Josh Lineberry developed an "Aurora Asset Manager Script/Ultimate Xbox 360 hard drive database setup/modding tool"  - he posted several YouTube videos of the tool.  It seems it would solve what your looking for.  I haven't seen the script on the GitHb, or available for download anywhere but is definitely some great work.  

If Josh reads the forum, hopefully he'll release the script to the community, I hate having to manual update the UUID in the database when upgrading HDDs, especially with the new XL HDD capabilities for 16TB drives.

I wrote a basic script that should accomplish this. Let me know if there are any issues.
https://github.com/jrobiche/xbox360-aurora-scripts/tree/main/DeviceIDUpdater

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 1/5/2023 at 2:46 AM, djohng said:

I have Josh's Aurora Asset manager script. But until he releases it himself. Will only tell in due time. But hopefully he releases it. It's saved my arse when I redone a new hdd.

On 1/11/2023 at 5:10 PM, KiwiMeoWii said:

I have Josh's Aurora Asset manager script. But until he releases it himself. Will only tell in due time. But hopefully he releases it. It's saved my arse when I redone a new hdd.

could you please share the script ,I realy need it , or how can  I  get it

On 7/25/2023 at 8:10 PM, masonforever said:

could you please share the script ,I realy need it , or how can  I  get it

Not mine to release. Will need to wait until the creator releases it