RealModScene
mondoman22

Crashing on aurora and Fsd Fix

1 hour ago, Schnidda said:

hi, just wanted to thx you again, I got all my stuff on the my 360 finished. Needed to make some covers and about 40 Backgrounds myself and added them with AuroraAssetEditor_v1.3. Now it looks nice :)

Now I say goddbye to the plugin for now, cause also 1.2 still breaks XBOX OG games

If you eject your tray when booting, the patch won't load so it games work fine. I'll look into making it run when playing it games also when I have a few spare moments, so keep an eye out here and at the GitHub repo. Glad to hear it helped you. 

Side note, if Aurora or unity have an option to upload your covers/backgrounds for others to use, that would help the community a great deal. If the cover or background is on the unity site, Aurora won't have to fall back on Microsoft's cdn for that, meaning fewer missing covers for future users. 

10 hours ago, StelioKontos said:

If you eject your tray when booting, the patch won't load so it games work fine. I'll look into making it run when playing it games also when I have a few spare moments, so keep an eye out here and at the GitHub repo. Glad to hear it helped you. 

Side note, if Aurora or unity have an option to upload your covers/backgrounds for others to use, that would help the community a great deal. If the cover or background is on the unity site, Aurora won't have to fall back on Microsoft's cdn for that, meaning fewer missing covers for future users. 

That would be wonderful.

Hi @StelioKontos,

I have been using your patch and everything is working fine without errors. Just one problem, your patch is causing "crash intercepted error" with xbox classic games with retro-compatibility. When I removed your patch from the launch.ini file, the xbox classic games works fine, but after I set your patch, then I got the crash intercepted error. 

55 minutes ago, daniel_tobon said:

Hi @StelioKontos,

I have been using your patch and everything is working fine without errors. Just one problem, your patch is causing "crash intercepted error" with xbox classic games with retro-compatibility. When I removed your patch from the launch.ini file, the xbox classic games works fine, but after I set your patch, then I got the crash intercepted error. 

This is a known issue; quite a few other plugins (some stealth servers, etc) have the same problem from what I've seen. If you eject tray when booting to bypass loading plugins, the patch won't load, allowing you to play it games without it crashing. I'll post an update to the repo when I have a chance to add a fix for this. 

Hello. As I understand it, liveblock and livestrong must be turned off for the patch to work. But how can I make sure that I do not get banned? I can turn it off in dashlaunch, but I'm afraid of getting banned. Sorry, I just recently became the owner of the xbox 360 (no matter how strange it may be)

4 hours ago, Luceferium said:

Hello. As I understand it, liveblock and livestrong must be turned off for the patch to work. But how can I make sure that I do not get banned? I can turn it off in dashlaunch, but I'm afraid of getting banned. Sorry, I just recently became the owner of the xbox 360 (no matter how strange it may be)

you should be fine having liveblock and livestrong on, i've used the plugin with them on

5 hours ago, Luceferium said:

Like @sonnyy said having them enabled has no effect on the patch; it only inhibits Aurora from fetching title data on first run if your games changed. Re protecting your kv with those options disabled: either use a quality stealth server, backup your kv and put a banned one on temporarily, or just disable livestrong and leave liveblock enabled. 

1 hour ago, StelioKontos said:

Like @sonnyy said having them enabled has no effect on the patch; it only inhibits Aurora from fetching title data on first run if your games changed. Re protecting your kv with those options disabled: either use a quality stealth server, backup your kv and put a banned one on temporarily, or just disable livestrong and leave liveblock enabled. 

With liveblock, livestrong, xhttp enabled, I can download without problems and without crashing the cover.  If you turn off livestrong, then even when the patch is applied, the aurora still gives an error.  If I disable liveblock, will I be able to download backgrounds or will it still be impossible?  I'm just not sure if there is an option to download backgrounds now, or if downloading covers is the aurora limit

17 minutes ago, Luceferium said:

With liveblock, livestrong, xhttp enabled, I can download without problems and without crashing the cover.  If you turn off livestrong, then even when the patch is applied, the aurora still gives an error.  If I disable liveblock, will I be able to download backgrounds or will it still be impossible?  I'm just not sure if there is an option to download backgrounds now, or if downloading covers is the aurora limit

Some assets, namely background images/screenshots/trailers, are not hosted on unity servers, and have to be downloaded from m$ cdns. Those are the problematic downloads causing the crashing, which my patch blocks. If your title covers downloaded fine but you are missing some screenshots, then the patch worked correctly; until Aurora pushes an official update fixing this, your best option is to import the title assets using Aurora's companion tool.

1 hour ago, StelioKontos said:

Some assets, namely background images/screenshots/trailers, are not hosted on unity servers, and have to be downloaded from m$ cdns. Those are the problematic downloads causing the crashing, which my patch blocks. If your title covers downloaded fine but you are missing some screenshots, then the patch worked correctly; until Aurora pushes an official update fixing this, your best option is to import the title assets using Aurora's companion tool.

Can you please learn more about what "m$ cdns" is and through which Aurora companion tool can I add backgrounds? Sorry for the stupid questions, I'm new to this kind of stuff...

If I'm not mistaken, the development of Aurora has been discontinued and there will be no new updates, but is there really still a chance to get an official bug fix?

m$ = microsoft
cdn = content delivery network

In other words, if unity.net doesn't have the title asset stored on their server, Aurora will resort to downloading them from microsoft's servers (cdn).

Search the forums for Aurora Asset Editor, iirc.

It's not officially discontinued, but the devs are all pretty busy and as Aurora is free, updates happen when and if they get around to it.

8 minutes ago, StelioKontos said:

m$ = microsoft
cdn = content delivery network

In other words, if unity.net doesn't have the title asset stored on their server, Aurora will resort to downloading them from microsoft's servers (cdn).

Search the forums for Aurora Asset Editor, iirc.

It's not officially discontinued, but the devs are all pretty busy and as Aurora is free, updates happen when and if they get around to it.

I understood. Thanks for your work and your time, friend, I really appreciate it. Now loading backgrounds via my PC using AuroraAssetEditor

Just now, Luceferium said:

I understood. Thanks for your work and your time, friend, I really appreciate it. Now loading backgrounds via my PC using AuroraAssetEditor

No worries, glad to help.

• Like 1

The latest Aurora update, v0.7b-2, officially fixes the crash when downloading title assets, so you may safely remove AuroraCrashPatcher from your launch plugins at this point. I will be archiving the GitHub repo and officially retiring the patch.

If you use FSD, you can continue to use the patch; it detects if Aurora is updated and disables itself for the session if that is the case, so there shouldn't be any side effects from leaving it on apart from the known issue of running classic games. My recommendation is to simply make the switch to Aurora if you still use FSD, remove my patch, and enjoy a simpler life. :)

I want to express my heartfelt thanks to all of you who helped test the patch in the early days when I first wrote it, provided feedback, and helped share it among the community.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. 

~SK()

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello, so even after updating Aurora to the latest version I'm still getting crashes when trying to download title updates. As far as I checked live strong is disabled and liveblock is enabled. I'm not very knowledgeable about Xbox modding scene, so if there is anything else I need to do steps would be highly appreciated, thanks.

18 minutes ago, throwaway1 said:

Hello, so even after updating Aurora to the latest version I'm still getting crashes when trying to download title updates. As far as I checked live strong is disabled and liveblock is enabled. I'm not very knowledgeable about Xbox modding scene, so if there is anything else I need to do steps would be highly appreciated, thanks.

When did you update aroura? Was it in the last hour, or longer ago? And was it updated through the Aurora updater, or did you do a fresh install from the release package RAR file?

Is xhttp (in dashlaunch) enabled or disabled? Also, reply with a screenshot or photo of:

1) the "about" screen in Aurora

2) your current plugins from dashlaunch

xhttp is enabled.

Updated like 2-3 hours ago

Additional question, any reason why Dashlaunch "launch" button is greyd out via modules page on the settings page of Aurora? (Added a photo)

about.jpg

modules.jpg

network.jpg

plugins.jpg

I can't think of any reason any of the changes in the code base would cause issues on older dashboards, but you are on an older kernel build, and as you are having issues, my advice is to update your dash using xeBuild GUI to the current dashboard (17559), then check again and let me know if it's still crashing.

Also, to be clear, is it crashing from downloading title updates, or from refreshing artwork or scanning your titles?

Assets > Update Assets > Download

Works fine.

Content > Title Updates > Scan now (AutoScan marked)

Crashes.

Content > Manage Paths > Scan now (AutoScan marked)

Works fine.

Would be nice to get a guide on how to update my dashboard.

Also tested your your fix, also crashes. Logs say only to update my dashboard...

21 minutes ago, throwaway1 said:

Works fine.

Crashes.

Works fine.

Also tested your your fix, also crashes. Logs say only to update my dashboard...

First, title update scanning doesnt actually download anything, so that is just weird. What it does is scans the standard hdd paths, and creates a copy of the title updates to the aurora dir, so you can then swap them out with aurora(Ones downloaded from unity, or added to db manually.), and adds a reference to them to the database.

As to the question about the dashlaunch config app being greyed out, it is tied to the config app you set in launch.ini not an aurora path. this works, but personally, I hate the fact that going to hud settings also takes you to dashlaunch installer, vs taking you to system settings.

@throwaway1If you can dump the log files from aurora/data/logs dir it would be helpful.

1 hour ago, throwaway1 said:

Works fine.

Crashes.

Works fine.

As @gavin_darkglider mentioned, this is a different issue (caused from an unhandled exception while attempting to parse your title update files), and unrelated to the crash that was addressed in this hotfix (an unhandled exception while parsing network data when updating title covers). This is the first I've heard of a crash while scanning for title updates, but if I can reproduce it on my end, I can fix it for the next update.

When it crashes, are you able to see the screen long enough to take a picture and post it here for me? If so, please send the picture here. 

After doing that, reboot your console, copy all the files in the Aurora `Data/Log/` directory to your computer, zip them up, and send them to me in a DM. If I can determine which title update the crash is happening on, and see the logs, that should be enough for me to fix it. And in the meantime, I should be able to tell you which file to remove for the time being to avoid the crash pending the next update.