RealModScene
mondoman22

Crashing on aurora and Fsd Fix

Oh ye, the disk tray check. lmao. TBH I never expected this to even be needed still at this point. 😕 Glad it's working for you though, and thanks for letting me know about the og games. I'll slap a check in later so it doesn't load if tray is open when booting to play them.

13 hours ago, Schnidda said:

worked like a charm, thank you again!

btw No OG Xbox games will work with the patch in place, so just put the Patch in to fix your Gamelist and remove it afterwards

Thanks for tipping me off on that @Schnidda. Pushed update that respects the tray state when booting, along with support for old dashboards.

https://github.com/StelioKontosXBL/AuroraCrashPatcher/releases/tag/v1.2

• Like 1

Hi!

First of all, many thanks for your patch.

But some games still don't download the backgrounds (like Mass Effect 1, Tomb Raider Legend and Underworld, Virtua Fighter V and Final Showdow et cetera).

What could it be?

Missing background images would be due to that title not having a background image available. That asset is downloaded from unity not m$ cdns, so unaffected by my patch. 

It worked perfectly with aurora, but with FSD I can't download images (front cover, and screenshot), I only get full cover, no error happens, I just don't have this images.

1 hour ago, Rikintosh said:

It worked perfectly with aurora, but with FSD I can't download images (front cover, and screenshot), I only get full cover, no error happens, I just don't have this images.

You're using an old (buggier) version of FSD. Current version is Freestyle Rev 783 iirc; replacing your FSD install with the newer one will fix this.

2 hours ago, StelioKontos said:

You're using an old (buggier) version of FSD. Current version is Freestyle Rev 783 iirc; replacing your FSD install with the newer one will fix this.

I'm using rev 783. But I'm still out of luck trying to download more images.

Sem título.png

Is liveblock/livestrong enabled? If so, disable them, reboot, and rescan. Make sure you either put a banned kv on, or have a stealth set in plugins so your kv doesn't get banned. I would still recommend downloading latest version of FSD again and replacing your copy with it.

17 hours ago, StelioKontos said:

Missing background images would be due to that title not having a background image available. That asset is downloaded from unity not m$ cdns, so unaffected by my patch. 

Well, there was before this whole Microsoft mess (for exemple, titles like Ninja Gaiden II, Star Ocean, Soul Calibur IV and Tomb Raider Legend).

I've noticed that without your plugin it downloads about 6, 7 items and, about the third or fourth item, it crashies.

Sometimes I manage to download everything without Aurora restarting (beats me how this happens), but most of the times it crashies (I'm speaking without your plugin. With it I can download most of the items, but not every one of them, like before.

Edit: I've just managed to download Ninja Gaiden II background (by downloading and restarting Aurora, without the plugin) right now.

Yes; it does Unity requests first, queries Microsoft's catalog api, then requests the actual assets from Microsoft's CDN where needed. It is possible that assets not found on the unity server fallback to M$ for the request, which would explain why some of the missing assets occur with the patch. Either way, if you want better, bug the devs to update Aurora directly so you don't have to depend on the patch at all lol. And if you're actually doing that to get all the background images blocked as false positives from my patch....well you are a very patient person -  much more so than me lmao.

At this point the patch prevents 99.9% of the crashes caused by downloading assets 100% of the time for 99.9% of the users with 99% of all titles successfully downloading their cover art. Even if all background images were blocked from false positives I'd still consider this a reasonable success in it's own right lol.

(^ unscientific numbers, of course, but you get the gist)

11 hours ago, StelioKontos said:

Yes; it does Unity requests first, queries Microsoft's catalog api, then requests the actual assets from Microsoft's CDN where needed. It is possible that assets not found on the unity server fallback to M$ for the request, which would explain why some of the missing assets occur with the patch. Either way, if you want better, bug the devs to update Aurora directly so you don't have to depend on the patch at all lol. And if you're actually doing that to get all the background images blocked as false positives from my patch....well you are a very patient person -  much more so than me lmao.

At this point the patch prevents 99.9% of the crashes caused by downloading assets 100% of the time for 99.9% of the users with 99% of all titles successfully downloading their cover art. Even if all background images were blocked from false positives I'd still consider this a reasonable success in it's own right lol.

(^ unscientific numbers, of course, but you get the gist)

Yeah, your patch does save a lot of lives, hehe (mine included).

And I've figured it out that much: that some backgrounds might be at the bottom of the 'download order' even after screenshots/ trailers; some Aurora manages to download them just fine, others, as you said, it doesn't (so it downloads some images from Mcsft, then.How interesting. That explains the restarting, then).

And thank you very much for all your help, Stelio>

Hmm... how do I ask Aurora devs about this?

On 4/20/2021 at 11:36 PM, StelioKontos said:

Patch is updated to work for users outside the US, now. Download the new xex from my repo at https://github.com/StelioKontosXBL/AuroraCrashPatcher (current is v0.2-beta at the time of writing). Copy the xex onto your console's Hdd, and set as a plugin in Dashlaunch (or by editing your launch.ini manually), and reboot. 

thankssss!!!!  Its works ....😁.thanks from Chile !!! :) 

8 hours ago, StelioKontos said:

Glad to hear. Happy modding.

Thanks for the hard work. But that doesn't work either.

Test - xbox360 falcon glitch loader
kernel - 17599
contry - South Korea

DashLaunch Setting
liveblock - true
livestrong - false

Test Patch - 0.1~1.1 All File Result - error :(

1.2 -  not error but... 
Only the cover and information are updated, and this results in the same result even with the launcher ini
livestrong - true settings even if the patch plug-in is not used, so there is no reason to use the plug-in. 
sorry man~ :)
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, -zard- said:

kernel - 17599
contry - South Korea

Test Patch - 0.1~1.2 All File Same Result

Only the cover and information are updated, and this results in the same result even with
the launcher ini file settings even if the patch plug-in is not used, so there is no reason to use the plug-in. 

kernel 17599? Damn, I'm jelly...

Aside from that, your location is irrelevant if you're running the latest version of the patch. There is also no such thing as a launcher ini. I assume you're referring to the launch.ini file...in which case if the patch is not set as a plugin, you will crash and at best maybe get one cover art downloaded. If the patch is set as a plugin, you will not crash and Aurora will download any and all assets available on the unity server, and all game manifest data from Microsoft.

If Aurora hasn't cached all the game info already (on a new Hdd or fresh Aurora install), and you have liveblock/livestrong enabled, you won't get anything, as Aurora has to request the title catalogues from M$ before it knows what to download to begin with. Liveblock/livestrong can both be disabled as long as the patch is running, and you will not crash.

If you're still sure there's no reason to use it, then grab the debug build from the "Dist" folder, run a scan with liveblock/livestrong disabled, and send me the log file.

2 minutes ago, -zard- said:
DashLaunch Setting
liveblock - true
livestrong - false

1.2 -  not error but... 
Only the cover and information are updated, and this results in the same result even with the launcher ini
livestrong - true settings even if the patch plug-in is not used, so there is no reason to use the plug-in. 

So yes, liveblock is enabled. Disable it as I said, so Aurora can cache the game info it needs to download the covers in the first place. Until you do that, my patch will literally *not run at all*. This has nothing to do with the patch, it's how Aurora works (and for good reason).

I have used the patch for all the consoles i build and i build alot of console's Obviously people do not understand

how to use it or actually how to use their console properly.... Put it in a plugin. Make sure liveblock and livestrong

are disabled along with httpx then run aurora. scan and download. that simple... It has also been written for different

Dashboards because i guess alot of people either are lazy and dont want to update their dashboard or just plain

don't know how.  As far as Liveblock Understand it BLOCKS LIVE Therefore causing a Failure SO TURN IT OFF Jesus

what is so hard about that... Lmao

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, -zard- said:

kernel - 17599
contry - South Korea

DashLaunch Setting
liveblock - true
livestrong - false

1.2 -  not error but... 

Turn Liveblock off  Ahem Sorry man 🤣

45 minutes ago, mondoman22 said:
Turn Liveblock off  Ahem Sorry man 🤣

Liveblock - false

Livestrong -false

Same Result~ unity server game cover~ game info working~

Screenshot,wallpaper,banner ~ not working~

Even if the plugin is not used, it will be the same if you set the Dash launcher true~

제목 없음-2.jpg

46 minutes ago, -zard- said:

Liveblock - false

Livestrong -false

Even if the plugin is not used, it will be the same if you set the Dash launcher true~

제목 없음-2.jpg

What is Dash Launcher?!??!?  Do you mean dashlaunch and setting it to true? Also you said it doesn't work but it does work so obviously you turned liveblock off ;) and the reason why wallpaper and banner are not working is because WHy? The Api from Xbox has changed thats why. Also this was meant to prevent crashing and that is exactly what it does. The sourcecode is on the github. Do you not Understand C?? everything is self explantory and right there at your fingertips. Also this was made as well for people who have servers and have their rgh online But as for it not working It does work plain and simple  I will be more then happy to post a complete video of it to here no problems at all.

2 hours ago, -zard- said:

Liveblock - false

Livestrong -false

제목 없음-2.jpg

Use the debug version and send me the logs. If there is indeed an issue, I need to see the logs in order to do anything about it.

Edit: Videos, screenshots, and some wallpapers/banners will not download. Practically all box covers will download, the majority of backgrounds, and about half the banners as well. For assets that don't download, that is not a problem with the patch not working. That is because those resources are not hosted by unity, and have to be downloaded from Microsoft - those are the very download requests that are causing the fatal crash. The fact that they're being blocked means my patch is working.

Enabling liveblock only works if you already have all the game data cached from before, or import it manually. Using the patch without liveblock enabled is both more convenient, and makes it possible to do a full scan on a fresh install - otherwise impossible as things currently stand. The primary reason for scanning the titles is in cases where the user is on a fresh install, and aside from the patch or manually importing everything there is currently no other workaround. 

Nowhere did anyone claim this patch would magically make all downloads work with no crash. The patch is only guaranteed to prevent the crash, while still allowing any title assets hosted by unity to still download. I welcome feedback, and without the community's patient bug reporting when I first wrote the patch, it wouldn't be as effective as it is now. But stating it does not work or is unnecessary only shows your ignorance.

So yes, patch works as designed, and no you cannot always have your cake and eat it too. 🤦‍♂️

• Like 1

hi, just wanted to thx you again, I got all my stuff on the my 360 finished. Needed to make some covers and about 40 Backgrounds myself and added them with AuroraAssetEditor_v1.3. Now it looks nice :)

Now I say goddbye to the plugin for now, cause also 1.2 still breaks XBOX OG games