RealModScene
mondoman22

Crashing on aurora and Fsd Fix

Ok guys,

Lately Aurora and Fsd have been crashing on download a good friend of mine and myself

worked on a temporary fix until the boys can fix it in the Source it crashes when downloading

artwork boxart etc etc here is a link to the sourcecode and also the xex that was built just put it

in a plugin slot and then reboot and then download your stuff

https://github.com/StelioKontosXBL/AuroraCrashPatcher

Enjoy

Tony

Still crash...

I copy it to plugins folder for both launchers and when I update covers it still crash...

aurora and fsd3 same result...

15 minutes ago, Jo Makein said:

Still crash...

I copy it to plugins folder for both launchers and when I update covers it still crash...

set it as a plugin in dashlaunch

6 hours ago, Jo Makein said:

Still crash...

The patch doesn't go in Aurora's plugins folder. You just drop it on the Hdd and set as a plugin in your launch.ini (or in Dashlaunch). Like you would any other xex. If it's loaded as a plugin like mondoman, sonnyy and myself just said, the crashes won't occur.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, StelioKontos said:

O patch não vai para a pasta de plug-ins do Aurora. Basta soltá-lo no Hdd e definir como um plugin em seu launch.ini (ou no Dashlaunch). Como faria com qualquer outro xex. Se ele for carregado como um plugin como mondoman, sonnyy e eu acabamos de dizer, os travamentos não ocorrerão.

I just recorded a video to show that even using the plugin the error doesn’t disappear
Only if together with the plugin you should use a dashlaunch configuration that was not said
https://streamable.com/remzxc
👆👆
If you can check and tell me if I'm doing something wrong I appreciate it

• Like 1

Most likely the API is assigning a different ip to access the cdn hosts which are associated with the crash, assuming you are connecting from outside of the US. I'll add a logger to record some trace messages for the requested hosts and post here when it's ready for download. 

5 hours ago, StelioKontos said:

The patch doesn't go in Aurora's plugins folder. You just drop it on the Hdd and set as a plugin in your launch.ini (or in Dashlaunch). Like you would any other xex. If it's loaded as a plugin like mondoman, sonnyy and myself just said, the crashes won't occur. 

Okay, got it. I run dashlaunch and set AuroraCrashPatcher.xex as plugin 5 there
Check launch.ini and all goodlaunch.ini

Reboot console and start testing:

FSD3 - still crash

Aurora 0.7b.1 - crash too

Dunno whats wrong...

Should I reset aurora and fsd3 and do clean start? Nope, same result

Yes, I'm not from U.S. too

Attach crash logs, maybe would helpLogs.zip

Edited by Jo Makein
add logs

Ye if you're not in the US don't expect the patch to work until I push an update to the repo. If you're in the US, patch will work fine. Until then, uncheck everything but "cover art" and "backgrounds" in settings for which title assets are downloaded. That will eliminate 90% of the crashes.

6 hours ago, StelioKontos said:

Sim, se você não está nos EUA, não espere que o patch funcione até que eu envie uma atualização para o repo. Se você estiver nos EUA, o patch funcionará bem. Até então, desmarque tudo, exceto "arte da capa" e "planos de fundo" nas configurações para as quais os ativos do título são baixados. Isso eliminará 90% das falhas.

This answers a lot of questions
I currently live in Brazil , that answers because it doesn't work for me and my friends
when possible if you can update the repo for people outside the USA it will be highly appreciated
Congratulations on the work

Congratulations and respect to all Aurora developers!
A new Aurora update for the memorable XBOX360 world would mean its survival.
4K or 8K? Who cares? The average person wants to play and not E-sports.
The game is a fun, easy thing to have fun with.
The xbox 360 rgh along with the Aurora offers options that are far more and more enjoyable than what the new generation consoles can offer. I’m thinking here of the familiar games, kinect, the incredible trainers.

My contribution to the development of Aurora 2 suggestions:
1. The DeviceID field of the settings.db file sometimes changes for USB0 :, USB1: so it is not a constant value. At this point, the games on that DeviceID will disappear and turn gray. You can play these games again after manually repairing the database or re-scanning. My advice is for Aurora to record the first DeviceID value in an "AuroraID" file at the root of the drive. And later, read and use only this value for device identification.

2. Sometimes Aurora crashes when downloading files.
Avoid that crashes please ! 
It is very confusing when the Aurora needs to be restarted again and again. The download list sometimes gets stuck and hangs. It would be nice to be able to view and manage the download queue.

Thank you for all your efforts and precious time! Good health and God's blessing to all of us!

On 4/7/2021 at 11:02 AM, StelioKontos said:

Ye if you're not in the US don't expect the patch to work until I push an update to the repo. If you're in the US, patch will work fine. Until then, uncheck everything but "cover art" and "backgrounds" in settings for which title assets are downloaded. That will eliminate 90% of the crashes.

So you say it might work if we that don´t live in the US use a VPN?

Correct. If on a VPN, go to ipinfo.io and verify that your external IP resolves to a US-based host. If that is the case, my patch will work. I'm updating it right now to work for everyone outside the country also, though, so just watch the GitHub page for when I add the update.

Thanks m8, glad it's helping. You should be getting everything except screenshots and videos (the data causing the fatal exception). If something else is missing check a couple other titles to be sure it's not an isolated issue of a couple titles having less info than most. If you have a screenshot that would help. Also make sure you're on the current version of the patch which I just updated today (check releases page of my repo).

12 hours ago, StelioKontos said:

Thanks m8, glad it's helping. You should be getting everything except screenshots and videos (the data causing the fatal exception). If something else is missing check a couple other titles to be sure it's not an isolated issue of a couple titles having less info than most. If you have a screenshot that would help. Also make sure you're on the current version of the patch which I just updated today (check releases page of my repo).

I downloaded the plugin and made it the second plugin after xbdm.xex
after restaring, I get a black screen and I  can't even launch aurora or get into the system. just a black screen. do you know how I can revert this or something?

1 hour ago, YosefKiller23 said:

after restaring, I get a black screen and I  can't even launch aurora or get into the system. just a black screen. do you know how I can revert this or something?

Did you tryed the older patch, or was this the first time using the fix-patch?

So I downloaded the new 1.1 Patch Version, it works like before for me. So still No Gameinfo and also very few Backgrounds here some screenshots.

It is still better then crashing my System :)

7 hours ago, YosefKiller23 said:

That wouldn't be caused by the patch; launching with a blank launch.ini on a USB stick will bypass plugins tho and let you boot up. 

On 4/25/2021 at 2:41 PM, Schnidda said:

Thank you mate, great work.

Works for me here in germany, but I did not get the Gameinfo anymore

My guess is you have liveblock enabled, which blocks all m$ connections. The patch only blocks the connections that were causing the crash. Try scanning once without liveblock enabled...be sure you have a server in plugins to protect your kv, ofc. After one complete scan like this, it should cache the game info. You'll want the patch in plugins when you do this still. 

1 hour ago, StelioKontos said:

That wouldn't be caused by the patch; launching with a blank launch.ini on a USB stick will bypass plugins tho and let you boot up. 

yes I did that and booted up

16 minutes ago, YosefKiller23 said:

yes I did that and booted up

Do you still have a copy of the launch.ini that you couldn't boot up on? If so could you attach it here or dm it to me.

On 4/26/2021 at 10:44 PM, StelioKontos said:

My guess is you have liveblock enabled, which blocks all m$ connections. The patch only blocks the connections that were causing the crash. Try scanning once without liveblock enabled...be sure you have a server in plugins to protect your kv, ofc. After one complete scan like this, it should cache the game info. You'll want the patch in plugins when you do this still. 

worked like a charm, thank you again!

btw No OG Xbox games will work with the patch in place, so just put the Patch in to fix your Gamelist and remove it afterwards