RealModScene
SupershalloBoy

"Unhandled Exception" - Aurora 0.7b

On 6/5/2021 at 7:26 AM, Starchild said:

Stelio, many thanks for you patch! Now I have covers and desriptions, but still no screenshots and trailers (livestrong disabled)... 

Any ideas here?  Thanks in advance😀

Some assets are already cached on the Unity servers, though most screenshots and trailers are not cached to conserve bandwidth. If the asset isn't available through the Unity server, Aurora then attempts to download the asset from the Microsoft CDN. As @MKK hanzo pointed out, due to some changes on Microsoft's side with their marketplace assets, those assets are no longer being successfully found/downloaded by Aurora (causing the crash). Currently the patch only blocks the crash; I'm not attempting to reroute the requests currently, as my knowledge of the api they're using is practically nil, and last thing I want to do is introduce additional edge case exceptions as a result of my patch.

• Like 1

Funny. It does not crash anymore when manually refreshing assets, but now, it does not download anything. Not even the synopsis. 

Also, when I posted, it downloaded 2 or 3 backgrounds for the games, but gave the crash message. 

1 hour ago, MKK hanzo said:

Funny. It does not crash anymore when manually refreshing assets, but now, it does not download anything. Not even the synopsis. 

Also, when I posted, it downloaded 2 or 3 backgrounds for the games, but gave the crash message. 

If livestrong is enabled, it won't download anything, hence no crash.

Any assets hosted by unity will download fine; you crashed when it got to an image not on the unity website, and tried downloading it from the Microsoft cdn. 

• Like 1

On 6/11/2021 at 11:24 AM, daniel_tobon said:

Hi @StelioKontos have you try to update your patch to support Xbox classic games? 

I have not had a chance to try fixing it, though I did look into it some more and it seems to be related to threading. It's a common problem that occurs with most plugins including stealth plugins; since your launch plugins aren't needed when playing og games, most people just eject the tray at boot to bypass loading the plugins. The current version detects the tray state and aborts loading if that's the case, for until I have a chance to work on a complete fix. 

Why not just make it possible to download the covers and the necessary information manually... so how was it in Freestyle Dash? Why these incomprehensible problems? After all, sooner or later everything will break again, and no one seems to want to fix Aurora anymore. The text is generated by Google Translate. My apologies.

On 6/16/2021 at 11:24 AM, NiffiN said:

Why not just make it possible to download the covers and the necessary information manually... so how was it in Freestyle Dash? Why these incomprehensible problems? After all, sooner or later everything will break again, and no one seems to want to fix Aurora anymore. The text is generated by Google Translate. My apologies.

You could always use the tool then manually import them from there for now. That is beyond the scope of my patch, though.