RealModScene
SupershalloBoy

"Unhandled Exception" - Aurora 0.7b

Hi, I'm actually a noob in the Xbox 360 RGH scene.

Last year I bought a 360 Slim with Aurora 0.7b installed.

Everything worked fine until now: when I try to scan new games from the main drive, it appears the error that you can see among the attachments.

All games work fine, the error appears when Aurora downloads the games' covers.

I didn't change ANYTHING since last year, I've never had this error before.

If i restart Aurora the error doesn't appear, so I can download the covers.

This error appears everytime I scan for new games.

Do you know what the issue could be? Thank you in advance!

01.png

• Like 1

It seems a few people have had similar issues with this, when Aurora tries to download covers/assets. I'm not 100% sure if you can block Aurora from downloading covers/assets via the settings, but I would suggest disconnecting from the internet while scanning, then downloading covers individually and see if that throws the error again.

7 minutes ago, toomuchsweat said:

It seems a few people have had similar issues with this, when Aurora tries to download covers/assets. I'm not 100% sure if you can block Aurora from downloading covers/assets via the settings, but I would suggest disconnecting from the internet while scanning, then downloading covers individually and see if that throws the error again.

Hi, thank you for answering.

The error appears only when I scan the game; if I restart Aurora and I try to download the cover manually I don't have any problem.

Rarely the error doesn't appear (I've been lucky with few games like Blue Dragon or Dead Space 2); I've tried to scan again the game when I didn't see the error and then the error appeared again, even on those games that didn't show any problem the first time.

Also, the problem appears on both the hard disks that I have: the internal one and the external one.

Could it be an Xbox Unity problem? Because even if the error appears Aurora is able to download both the first cover on the artwork menu and the description of the game.

Anyway I'll try to do what you said, thank you! (Sorry for my bad english)

P.S. I have the latest version of Aurora, not the 0.7b.

16 minutes ago, mondoman22 said:

Hi, thank you! Tomorrow I'll try it, I still couldn't do what @toomuchsweat told me to do.

But since, as I said, I'm a noob, could you please tell me what I should do? I've downloaded the folder from github, I just need to open the xex file from Aurora? 

Thank you in advance!

No bro just put it in a plugin in dashlaunch then reboot with it in a plugin slot and then

start downloading it will be fine

2 hours ago, SupershalloBoy said:

Hi, thank you! Tomorrow I'll try it, I still couldn't do what @toomuchsweat told me to do.

But since, as I said, I'm a noob, could you please tell me what I should do? I've downloaded the folder from github, I just need to open the xex file from Aurora? 

Thank you in advance!

download AuroraCrashPatcher.xex and set it as a plugin like mondo said

Hi, thank you both, unfortunately I don't have the access to Dashlaunch since, I think, the one who sold me the Xbox deleted it in order to not allow users to make a mess with the settings (or at least I can't launch it). Since everything I needed was already unlocked I never tried to make it work again, so first of all I'll try to arrange this first.

Anyway thank you again, I'll see what I can do, if it's "risky" I'll wait for an official update, at least if I restart Aurora I don't get any problem...

4 hours ago, SupershalloBoy said:

Hi, thank you both, unfortunately I don't have the access to Dashlaunch since, I think, the one who sold me the Xbox deleted it in order to not allow users to make a mess with the settings (or at least I can't launch it). Since everything I needed was already unlocked I never tried to make it work again, so first of all I'll try to arrange this first.

Anyway thank you again, I'll see what I can do, if it's "risky" I'll wait for an official update, at least if I restart Aurora I don't get any problem...

How are you loading Aurora if that's the case?

My bad, I thought that I could access to Dashlaunch from the Modules menu in Aurora, I didn't know that there was on the main drive a folder with Dashlaunch (3.19 version).

4 hours ago, SupershalloBoy said:

My bad, I thought that I could access to Dashlaunch from the Modules menu in Aurora, I didn't know that there was on the main drive a folder with Dashlaunch (3.19 version).

Supershalloboy, the GitHub link has the xex which you just download and copy to your hdd, then set as a plugin like you would a mod menu. It's not affiliated with Aurora, not does it require any setup with Aurora. It's just a patch that runs in the background and silently forces Aurora to skip the downloads that are causing the crash.

[edit] I updated the README at the repo with more explicit instructions, and added a direct download link to the xex.

Edited by StelioKontos

On 4/7/2021 at 2:29 AM, StelioKontos said:

Supershalloboy, the GitHub link has the xex which you just download and copy to your hdd, then set as a plugin like you would a mod menu. It's not affiliated with Aurora, not does it require any setup with Aurora. It's just a patch that runs in the background and silently forces Aurora to skip the downloads that are causing the crash.

[edit] I updated the README at the repo with more explicit instructions, and added a direct download link to the xex.

Hi,

I proceeded as per your instructions (pls see below) but the issue is still persist. Any advice? Can you make a steb-by-step tutorial? 
1. copied AuroraCrashPatcher.xex to the internal HDD's plugin folder: \xbox360\System\Hdd1\Aurora\Plugins
2. editted launch.ini as per it (please find attached)

launch.JPG

1 hour ago, Marty13 said:

Oi,

Prossegui de acordo com suas instruções (por favor, veja abaixo), mas o problema ainda persiste. Algum conselho? Você pode fazer um tutorial passo a passo? 
1. copiou AuroraCrashPatcher.xex para a pasta de plug-ins do HDD interno: \ xbox360 \ System \ Hdd1 \ Aurora \ Plugins
2. editou launch.ini de acordo com ele (encontre em anexo)

launch.JPG

according to the creator of the plugin (StelioKontos) he replied another person saying that his plugin only works for those who live in the USA, for those who live outside the USA the plugin should not work as it should, so you should expect an update from the repo that brings support to operate outside the U.S.

1 hour ago, rubensyama said:

according to the creator of the plugin (StelioKontos) he replied another person saying that his plugin only works for those who live in the USA, for those who live outside the USA the plugin should not work as it should, so you should expect an update from the repo that brings support to operate outside the U.S.

Thanks but US (or USA) not even mentioned in the topic. Neither in the below referred fix. In case the fix works only in the US not in europe or elsewhere it should have been mentioned in the description! 

I would to note that I am not a pro in RGH (or J-tag) but as far as I understood the issue is not connected to regions (NTSC or PAL etc.). For this reason the temporary fix should work in europe too. Or am I mistaken? 

https://github.com/StelioKontosXBL/AuroraCrashPatcher#readme

2 hours ago, Marty13 said:

Obrigado, mas EUA (ou EUA) nem mesmo mencionado no tópico. Nem na correção abaixo referida. No caso de a correção funcionar apenas nos EUA e não na Europa ou em outro lugar, ela deveria ter sido mencionada na descrição! 

Gostaria de observar que não sou um profissional em RGH (ou J-tag), mas, pelo que entendi, o problema não está relacionado a regiões (NTSC ou PAL etc.). Por esse motivo, a correção temporária também deve funcionar na Europa. Ou estou enganado? 

you're right, redmi is not writing anything about it but commented on the link below

5 hours ago, Marty13 said:

Thanks but US (or USA) not even mentioned in the topic. Neither in the below referred fix. In case the fix works only in the US not in europe or elsewhere it should have been mentioned in the description! 

I would to note that I am not a pro in RGH (or J-tag) but as far as I understood the issue is not connected to regions (NTSC or PAL etc.). For this reason the temporary fix should work in europe too. Or am I mistaken? 

The readme was made before I confirmed this. I'll update the readme now with this caveat. And no, your region has nothing to do with your regions setting as best I can tell. You can try setting it to US and post here if that works, but I doubt it. Until the crash is officially patched, or I can push an update for people outside the US, just avoid any full asset download scans. Updating the cover art manually on a per-title basis should work fine in most cases. 

41 minutes ago, StelioKontos said:

The readme was made before I confirmed this. I'll update the readme now with this caveat. And no, your region has nothing to do with your regions setting as best I can tell. You can try setting it to US and post here if that works, but I doubt it. Until the crash is officially patched, or I can push an update for people outside the US, just avoid any full asset download scans. Updating the cover art manually on a per-title basis should work fine in most cases. 

Unfortunately not working the per-title update neither. In every case I got the error and I have to reload Aurora :(

I would be grateful if you could push the update for us people outside the US. Thanks in advance!

Hey, I think I've found a solution for this.

From my testing, the issue seems to be with some games' asset data on Xbox Live Marketplace. When Aurora tries to download assets, it will first get covers from Xbox Unity and then attempt to download descriptions, titles, screenshots, trailers, ratings etc etc.. from the Xbox Live Marketplace website (over regular HTTP, this isn't a proper Xbox Live connection so won't get you console banned).

I have done a grand total of 5 minutes of testing and research into this, but I would guess Microsoft changed something on their site (maybe they have a different marketplace page format, or 404 page) so Aurora is freaking out when it tries to download assets from there.

The solution I found was to enable livestrong in Dashlaunch, as this will prevent Aurora from reaching out to the marketplace website. You won't get the enhanced asset data, only basic covers, but it's enough to fix things for now. Let me know if this solves it for you too.

• Like 2

You are correct; the problematic API requests are actually going to the same destination server as the xhttp calls for loading the tiles on the default dashboard from the manifest xml. Unlike the cover art, these are hosted with Akamai and Level3 (both cdn hosts). I'm currently blocking the hostip, which differ based on country of origin (hence the issues outside of the US) which is effectively accomplishing the same thing as liveblock, but on a per-connection basis. A better approach would be to block the connection based on the nameserver used to fetch the IP, but I haven't had a chance to look into that yet. When I get a chance to look into it again ill update the patch with that method, assuming an official update hasn't been released yet. 

• Thanks 1

I'm having this issue too since monday, only the cover arts will download from xboxunity but everything eles that comes from marketplace will pop up the unhandled exception, turning livestrong on prevents the error but will only download the covers, hopefully Phoenix will fix this soon.

• Like 1

Seeing as there hasn't been any official patch update for this yet, and so many of you are outside the US (go figure lol) I'll take another look at it this evening and see about updating my patch for you guys. 

I've updated the patch to work for users outside the US. Download the new xex from my repo at https://github.com/StelioKontosXBL/AuroraCrashPatcher, copy the xex onto your console's Hdd, and set as a plugin in Dashlaunch (or by editing your launch.ini manually), and reboot. 

• Like 1

On 4/20/2021 at 9:15 PM, StelioKontos said:

Seeing as there hasn't been any official patch update for this yet, and so many of you are outside the US (go figure lol) I'll take another look at it this evening and see about updating my patch for you guys. 

I've updated the patch to work for users outside the US. Download the new xex from my repo at https://github.com/StelioKontosXBL/AuroraCrashPatcher, copy the xex onto your console's Hdd, and set as a plugin in Dashlaunch (or by editing your launch.ini manually), and reboot. 

Thanks man! Save me from hard hard work... :D 

Stelio, many thanks for you patch! Now I have covers and desriptions, but still no screenshots and trailers (livestrong disabled)... 

Any ideas here?  Thanks in advance😀

On 6/5/2021 at 8:26 AM, Starchild said:

Stelio, many thanks for you patch! Now I have covers and desriptions, but still no screenshots and trailers (livestrong disabled)... 

Any ideas here?  Thanks in advance😀

Seems MS moved everything, like trailers and pics to other servers, and Aurora is fetching them on the wrong places. 

• Like 1