RealModScene
Maximovic

Aurora basically not working anymore

Hey guys! I bought a modded Xbox 360 a few weeks ago.. everything worked fine until today. I scanned for new Games in Aurora, wanting to install some new Games.. an exceptional error occured. Long Story short, whenever i try to download assets, an exceptional error occurs. I deleted all paths... only Option i have right now is to start the Games directly via auroras file manager...

do you guys have any idea? 

Do you have the option in dashlauch that actually allows you to download assets?

; if set to true, this will block the console from resolving LIVE related dns
; if not set this value will be TRUE
liveblock = true

; if liveblock is set to true, this will block the console from resolving all MS related dns
; setting this to TRUE will also block apps like freestyle from accessing things like cover images
; *** note that if NO INI is present for launch.xex, this is set to TRUE
; if not set this value will be FALSE
livestrong = true

I believe this is the setting in dashlaunch, make sure both are set to false. (Please someone correct me if Im wrong, havent been on my rgh in a while now)

Thanks for the message! I did Not change the Settings recently.. and everything worked Fine before. I set both to false, does Not change anything. Still crashes. 

i would Love to Just reinstall all programs... but i don’t have the Knowledge to do so Unfortunately 

Is there a Tutorial somewhere? I want to make a clean install of all programs needed... i don’t think there is another way around 

Download a fresh copy of Dashlaunch and a fresh copy of Aurora and place them on your HDD in new paths. Then configure dashlaunch to the settings you use.

So i reinstalled aurora and dashlaunch in different paths.. Same issue. In Aurora there is an unhandled exception occuring. 

is it possible to format the Xbox 360.. and to install xex menu, dashlaunch and Aurora from scratch? 

53 minutes ago, Maximovic said:

So i reinstalled aurora and dashlaunch in different paths.. Same issue. In Aurora there is an unhandled exception occuring. 

is it possible to format the Xbox 360.. and to install xex menu, dashlaunch and Aurora from scratch? 

Are you definitely loading the fresh Aurora install?

Yeah it is possible to format the 360s Hard Drive but I'm almost certain that won't be causing the issue. I honestly think it's something to do with your internet connection to the console. Aurora is trying to fetch the assets but fails in doing so...

Yes.. i used the new Aurora version. It’s so weird! I did Not change any Settings... Downloading assets worked perfectly Fine before. 

im pretty much out of ideas... i think i will try to install everything new from scratch

I formatted the internal drive and installed xex menu, dash Launch and Aurora again... Same issue. When Downloading assets an exceptional error occurs. I tried using a different network and conncected the Xbox to my iPhone.. Same issue. Im completely out of ideas. I can Download Covers and title updates Manually though. 

Im Just dumb i think.. all i had to do was activate liveblock and livestrong (Just like suggested above, i did Not Save correctly) and Save the settings to the hdd.. now everything works Perfect. Thanks again for the help you guys! 

Lapa maybe you should try the Same... activate Both liveblock and livestrong in dashlaunch and save to HDD. 

On 4/4/2021 at 10:13 AM, Lapa said:

Same thing. Crash while loading covers. Manual loading works fine. 

Enabling liveblock will prevent the crashing, but it will also prevent you from downloading any of the cover art. Until the devs officially update with a patch, you can use this to prevent the crashing without having to disable liveblock and livestrong. 

https://github.com/StelioKontosXBL/AuroraCrashPatcher

4 hours ago, StelioKontos said:

I updated the patch to work for users outside the US; if it wasn't working for you before, grab the latest xex from https://github.com/StelioKontosXBL/AuroraCrashPatcher. This will prevent the fatal crashing until the devs release an official update.

Hello, StelioKontos, I appreciate your effort in helping us to solve this problem, but I'm using your v0.3-beta  version released 4/21 and it didn't work for me, I live in BRAZIL and I don't know if your update supports my country, but you can check my test bellow
😢👇👇
https://bit.ly/3v4ML40

5 hours ago, rubensyama said:

Hello, StelioKontos, I appreciate your effort in helping us to solve this problem, but I'm using your v0.3-beta  version released 4/21 and it didn't work for me, I live in BRAZIL and I don't know if your update supports my country, but you can check my test bellow
😢👇👇
https://bit.ly/3v4ML40

Odd...I sent you a dm with a new xex; could you please test again using that version, and send me the log file afterwards.

Mate I also have the same problem as rubensyama even though I used the latest patch you uploaded. Could you also send me the new xex? I am currently in Colombia btw

5 minutes ago, Leonsteiner99 said:

Mate I also have the same problem as rubensyama even though I used the latest patch you uploaded. Could you also send me the new xex? I am currently in Colombia btw

Sure, check dms

12 hours ago, sonnyy said:

the latest xex works in the uk/united kingdom

Also works in Germany from having a someone there test it previously. The way I'm detecting and intercepting the API calls now should work fine for everyone. I'm adding a version with debug prints in case it doesn't work for anyone else; if that's the case, send me the console output from Watson using the debug version of the xex from the GitHub release page. 

Still not functioning with the latest patch. I would like to send you the console output but I don't know how to get Xbox Watson  and I don't how to install neighborhood for that matter either 

38 minutes ago, Leonsteiner99 said:

Still not functioning with the latest patch. I would like to send you the console output but I don't know how to get Xbox Watson  and I don't how to install neighborhood for that matter either 

Sent you a pm with instructions bro. Just reply there with a copy of all the debug data that prints out to watson and I'll have a look.