RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
nice_guy75

Copying game from DVD to HDD problem

Hi guys,

I am a newbie as far as FSD is concerned, I have installed FSD just few days back and I have tried to copy game from DVD to HDD using DVD extractor option of FSD but when I start copying nothing happened and I see "Status: Idle" on the screen.

Secondly doesn't FSD show games already in the HDD in GOD format? I have one game in the HDD but it is not showing in the FSD.

I don't know what I am doing wrong? Please help me guys, if some tutorial is posted just direct me to the proper tutorial.

Also help me download the game covers from the net, I am talking about the settings required to download the covers without fearing for dashboard update. Though I have already updated my Dashboard to 16202.

For your reference:

My Dashboard: 16202

Installed Dashlaunch v3.06

When I copy the dvd via FSD, I click the DVD Extractor, the disc tray automatically comes out, I set the game on the tray and don't press the eject button, I instead press ok on screen which will close the tray. Then I believe it starts to copy.

Well I try this method as well, but till now I have already put the DVD in the tray, closed the tray and then went to DVD extractor but it only shows copying but at the left bottom of the screen it shows "Status: Idle", moreover the DVD also stops rotating.

Have you tried installing the game to your HDD using Metro (I think you press "Y" on the game's tab and select "Install Game" or something)?

Once you've done this and it has installed successfully, you will need to run NXE2GOD so that it can be patched and played without the original game disc in the drive.

• Like 1

Have you tried installing the game to your HDD using Metro (I think you press "Y" on the game's tab and select "Install Game" or something)?Once you've done this and it has installed successfully, you will need to run NXE2GOD so that it can be patched and played without the original game disc in the drive.

I had hell lot of problem booting into metro, finally I had to change the settings in the Dashlaunch to boot into the metro, I tried to press "RB" during entire booting process but I still boot into FSD. When I press "Y" in FSD nothing happens. 

Now regarding GOD format, as I said I already have a game in GOD format in the HDD but it is not showing in the FSD, I have to launch it from file explorer.

Also address my problem of settings to download Game covers.

Did you set a scan path for the game you have saved on your hdd?

Once you set a scan path to where your game(s) are then it should download the art automatically, assuming you are connected to the internet. If they don't download, go into game options and refresh art, if it still doesn't show, then turn stronglive = false/off in dashlaunch and try again. If that doesn't work.... Well let us know when you get to that point.

Sent from my Rooted HTC EVO 4g using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Ok Thanks guys, I have downloaded game cover of Spiderman 3. Now I have one more problem, I have already transferred a game (Dirt 3) in my HDD which is GOD format, but it is not showing in the FSD, how can I make it visible in FSD.

I have used BL4K3Y's method to transfer Spiderman 3 to my HDD, I have installed that game from metro dash and then used NXE2GOD to convert that into GOD, but that application only found Spiderman 3 in my HDD, what should I do to make Dirt 3 visible in FSD? Launching it from file manager is very tedious job. 

Edit: Ok, almost all my problem is solved, I have changed the game path to "HDD1:Content" and all my problem is solved except for one, NXE2GOD cover is not downloading, I have already tried "Refresh Artwork", set my ID and p/w as well in "Settings>JQE360.com" and I have also seen 4-5 cover on covers.jqe360.com still not downloading.