RealModScene
01DawG10

Anybody willing to change xex code?

Good day,

I know most people have moved on from the 360 scene and for me its quite saddening as I still truly enjoy messing around with 360’s.

I have an idea but I dont have the necessary skill or time to learn this type of coding/programming. 

Currently there are 2 options to change your boot animation, and each comes with their own downsides, and I was hoping someone out there could assist.

Option1: 360haven is basically dead, but it hosted a custom boot animation option called “bootanim”. What makes this interesting is the fact that you can launch any xex after boot without the need of Dashlaunch. But the problem is that there is no option to delay the boot animation like fakeanim does.

Option2: fakeanim is a wonderful tool, but the only way to launch an xex after boot is by using Dashlaunch. This is convenient as you can just default eg Aurora to launch right after boot, but with that you loose basic dash functionality like changing network settings etc.

Option 2 can probably circumvented by holding a specific button to change the load option, but my idea is to combine the fakeanim delay option with the convenience of bootanim loading any xex afterwards. You can load Aurora right from boot but still have easy access to the original dash and functionality.

Hope I didn’t miss anything basic ;)

Anyone want to weigh in their opinion?

There is a boot animation tool released afew months back on reddit. It only works with big block nands i guess should work with 4gb corona aswell. It turn video's into .xex 

Link

1 hour ago, ianboy1987 said:

There is a boot animation tool released afew months back on reddit. It only works with big block nands i guess should work with 4gb corona aswell. It turn video's into .xex 

Link

Oo wow thats neat 🤙 shame I only have one console it would work with 😔

4 minutes ago, 01DawG10 said:

The guy who done it was talking about adding support to 16mb console. 

On 3/8/2021 at 7:12 PM, ianboy1987 said:

The guy who done it was talking about adding support to 16mb console. 

Apparently. Currently it just converts into a bootanim.xex which might only be possible if you can create a video file around 100kb's.

If you leave the default option blank in your Dashlaunch launch.ini file, it will automatically go to the normal 360 dashboard.

On 3/8/2021 at 12:00 PM, 01DawG10 said:

you can VERY easily get to stock dash by pressing the guide button, and launch system settings.. then reboot back to aurora via the guide and pressing Y